Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Who is the chemistry killer?

Honestly, there is someone on the raps who is a chemistry killer. And to be honest, all signs point to Andrea Bargnani. We have a quick game, unless Bargs is on the floor. Pausing the ball at the top of the key, taking every shot he can take (no matter the shot selection), all of his drives are not thought out, etc.

For this team to excel the way it is supposed to, he must go.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who is the chemistry killer?

jcpr3 is the chemistry killer on this board.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Honestly, there is someone on the raps who is a chemistry killer. And to be honest, all signs point to Andrea Bargnani. We have a quick game, unless Bargs is on the floor. Pausing the ball at the top of the key, taking every shot he can take (no matter the shot selection), all of his drives are not thought out, etc.

You are so far off with Andrea, i gotta wonder if you actually watch him. The guy is an amazing shooter, can drive, play defence, has some toughness and will be an allstar within two years. On top of that he has great basketball smarts and will improve in leaps and bounds yet. The chemistry killer on the Raps is their lack of mental toughness. The never say die gritty attitude. A major infusion of athleticism is also needed. They are about 4 quality players away from being a true contender! Probably best to blow it up and start over with Andrea and Calderon as the focal points. If you can't sign Chris in the offseaon he needs to be traded for quality pieces, in order to begin to rebuild this team. Having said that, love Marions game, smart, great in traffic and some nice athletism, he might be a nice veteran presence to keep as we rebuild if he chooses to stay. Definitely worth 10 mil a year even at this stage of his career.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not gonna call him a chemistry killer but he is a ball-stopper on the ofensive side. His game doesn't really mesh too well with other players and guys can't feed off him in that way.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

You are so far off with Andrea, i gotta wonder if you actually watch him. The guy is an amazing shooter, can drive, play defence, has some toughness and will be an allstar within two years. On top of that he has great basketball smarts and will improve in leaps and bounds yet. The chemistry killer on the Raps is their lack of mental toughness. The never say die gritty attitude. A major infusion of athleticism is also needed. They are about 4 quality players away from being a true contender! Probably best to blow it up and start over with Andrea and Calderon as the focal points. If you can't sign Chris in the offseaon he needs to be traded for quality pieces, in order to begin to rebuild this team. Having said that, love Marions game, smart, great in traffic and some nice athletism, he might be a nice veteran presence to keep as we rebuild if he chooses to stay. Definitely worth 10 mil a year even at this stage of his career.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Damn remember that starting lineup in 2006 of Ford/Parker/Garbo/Bosh and Rasho? Talent wise, it wasn't too impressive but that lineup worked really well in the halfcourt. It's really noticeable how much the Raps miss that big who would consistently go inside after loose balls for tapouts.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Damn remember that starting lineup in 2006 of Ford/Parker/Garbo/Bosh and Rasho? Talent wise, it wasn't too impressive but that lineup worked really well in the halfcourt. It's really noticeable how much the Raps miss that big who would consistently go inside after loose balls for tapouts.
That's why I think that "talent" is such an over-used word in this league. For example if you asked who had more talent between Andre Miller and Allen Iverson, most people would probably say Iverson. But which one of those two would you rather have on your team? Most people would probably say Andre Miller. You have to put together a team where all of the pieces fit together properly and one players weaknesses are another players strengths. As much as I've not wanted to admit, we're not a team that's one or two pieces away from being a contender. We are a team that's flawed down to the very core and we're gonna have to live with several years of mediocrity (at best) because of that.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This guy can honestly do no right. He plays poorly, he's a bust. He plays well, he a shot chucker, and an offense killer.

The guy's a 7 footer who can run the floor like people want this team to do (maybe better than 90% of bigs in the league), and has been shooting 46% (40% from 3) since entering the starting line-up. He gets to the line (Avg 5 a game, 80%) the second most of the team (2 less than Bosh, per game). Obviously there are areas everyone would like him to improve more (D, rebounding), but the guy's clearly taken a big step...
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #9
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

I think the team chemistry is due to make up of the team. What is chemistry really? Its not like we have the talent to do anything anyways. This is the year where all the hidden flaws of players came out. Calerdon can't guard a pylon, Bosh struggles in crunch time, etc. The players don't complement each other well. Ford was much more suited for this team than Calerdon will ever be. Anyways, got off track alittle with the whole T.J stuff. At the end of the day, you can't blame the only guy who has shown any sort of improvement for this teams lack of "chemistry" and lack of winning. The one thing Bargnani does wrong is look for his shot way too much, but with time, he'll learn to play within the offence better. No way he is the reason for this teams lack of chemistry, if there even is any lack of chemistry.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #10
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

the problem with andrea bargnani is that it seems he does not have a plan when he is out there. He just seems to drive whenever he wants, throw shots from the perimeter or just walk around if he doesn't feel like it. Thats a chemistry problem and i agree.

i am just waiting for the guys to show up and blame Bosh.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

I think Calderon's D is killing the team more than Bargnani stopping ball in the offensive end.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #12
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
jcpr3 is the chemistry killer on this board.

Funny stuff here...lol
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #13
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
the problem with andrea bargnani is that it seems he does not have a plan when he is out there. He just seems to drive whenever he wants, throw shots from the perimeter or just walk around if he doesn't feel like it. Thats a chemistry problem and i agree.

i am just waiting for the guys to show up and blame Bosh.

The problem with Andrea is that he is one of the best players on this team and he's proving many of you wrong.

And now it's "chemistry killer", you guys are funny.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #14
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Trade Bargnani while his stock is high...I don't care what you guys think, but I think that it might be best if we get a banger at the 2 guard or at center so we can get physical toughness...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #15
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Trade Bargnani while his stock is high...I don't care what you guys think, but I think that it might be best if we get a banger at the 2 guard or at center so we can get physical toughness...

Bargnani is tougher than Bosh, plays better post defense (Still not that great) and is a lot bigger. But I really couldn't care less which one of the two gets traded but one has to go. The only way we win with the Killer Bs is if they put up 30 points each. Which rarely happens.

Sometimes I wish we could draft Teague or Jennings and trade Calderon for another high pick and draft Thabeet, Griffin or Hill. Then Bargnani or Bosh will be expendible to pick up the other guard we need. I'm tired of this weak ass team. We need to blow this the **** up.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: