Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #16
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who is the chemistry killer?

Bosh and Bargnani are redundant on offense, especially when Bosh isn't driving, and both of them are mediocre/soft interior defenders. Having barely seen Pops play, I can already say that I feel much better when he is out there with one of them, because he does the dirty work.

Bosh and Bargnani do not fit together. It's unfortunate, but it should have been obvious before we drafted him.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #17
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Bosh and Bargnani are redundant on offense, especially when Bosh isn't driving, and both of them are mediocre/soft interior defenders. Having barely seen Pops play, I can already say that I feel much better when he is out there with one of them, because he does the dirty work.

Bosh and Bargnani do not fit together. It's unfortunate, but it should have been obvious before we drafted him.

Exactly. Both are at fault for this and anyone who says otherwise is simply a Bargnani hater who can't stand to see the kid succeed.

That said, I think Calderon is a bigger chemistry killer on this team than the both of them with his gimp leg trying to run a quick offense and being unable to guard Steven Hawking.

But at the end of the day BC is the chemistry killer for creating this team and expecting D-League coaches to turn them into a championship contender.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #18
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Exactly. Both are at fault for this and anyone who says otherwise is simply a Bargnani hater who can't stand to see the kid succeed.

That said, I think Calderon is a bigger chemistry killer on this team than the both of them with his gimp leg trying to run a quick offense and being unable to guard Steven Hawking.

But at the end of the day BC is the chemistry killer for creating this team and expecting D-League coaches to turn them into a championship contender.

This confuses me. AMG said that Bosh and Bargs don't fit together....how did fans being Bargs haters come into play?

Many have been saying it for a long time....we had a young all star PF in Bosh when we drafted Bargs....that in itself was a ridiculous mistake. Now we have two PFs, and one has to be traded to have any hope of future success.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #19
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

the problem has been calderon. Dude is not the same player. If he played like this last season, i think the raps would have traded him for TJ Ford. Either he is injured/unhealthy right now or the starting position without competition has gotten into this head. He is a solid hard worker, but his game has many missing pieces. The fact that he is unable to keep anyone infront of him or run the offense from end to end is what is kiling the raptors. He is a half-court pg. Also, this season he hasn't been able to make his shots in crunch time or when needed the most like he did last season.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #20
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
This confuses me. AMG said that Bosh and Bargs don't fit together....how did fans being Bargs haters come into play?

Many have been saying it for a long time....we had a young all star PF in Bosh when we drafted Bargs....that in itself was a ridiculous mistake. Now we have two PFs, and one has to be traded to have any hope of future success.

If you read earlier in the thread many people call Bargnani the chemistry killer because he and Bosh don't fit together. I'm calling that hating on Bargnani because both Bosh and Bargnani are responsiblr for this, and ultimately BC is the most at fault for putting the two of them in such an awkward situation.

I totally agree that one needs to go for this team to go anywhere good.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #21
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
If you read earlier in the thread many people call Bargnani the chemistry killer because he and Bosh don't fit together. I'm calling that hating on Bargnani because both Bosh and Bargnani are responsiblr for this, and ultimately BC is the most at fault for putting the two of them in such an awkward situation.

I totally agree that one needs to go for this team to go anywhere good.

We should trade Bosh for Biedrins and filler.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #22
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Maybe, just maybe Bargnani is a centre.

There simply aren't enough traditional big banging centres with enough talent available to fill every teams needs. Actually there are very few. Bargnani has the size and talent to be a non traditional centre, next best thing IMO to an undersized or untalented centre.

Do you all think that if Bosh is traded that we move Bargnani to the 4?

I want Bargnani to play centre and regarless of what happens with Bosh that's where he should play.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #23
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Maybe, just maybe Bargnani is a centre.

There simply aren't enough traditional big banging centres with enough talent available to fill every teams needs. Actually there are very few. Bargnani has the size and talent to be a non traditional centre, next best thing IMO to an undersized or untalented centre.

Do you all think that if Bosh is traded that we move Bargnani to the 4?

I want Bargnani to play centre and regarless of what happens with Bosh that's where he should play.

A 7 foot 250 lb power forward is MASSIVE. Even if we do get another centre to replace him, Bargnani will probably be equal or greater size.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #24
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

We need to trade Bargnani while his stock is high. Bosh is the kind of guy who can hit clutch shots. He just needs that low post rebounding presence.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #25
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
We need to trade Bargnani while his stock is high. Bosh is the kind of guy who can hit clutch shots. He just needs that low post rebounding presence.

He hasn't hit many of them and he's had ample opportunities. Why would having a rebounding presence down low help Bosh make those shots? Maybe clean up the rebound after he misses the clutch shot. I haven't seen him make a clutch shot since his rookie year when he hit that 3 pointer against Houston. That's the only thing that comes to mind. Every other time he forces a jumper with 2 sets of hands in his face or stumbles to the ground awkwardly looking for a foul call that is NEVER called with 10 seconds or less in a close game.

I'm open to trading either, but I think it's safe to say Bargs is more clutch of the two.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #26
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:

are you ****ing kidding me?
Darrick Martin hits more clutch shots...
now as for the topic i dont really think you can blame one player and i think the way to solve this mess is either keep Marion and get a LEGIT scoring SG, Jason Richardson esque player,
OR trade bosh to washington for butler and a filler (big), let Marion go and try to acquire and or draft a big man
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #27
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Bosh would be able to have a pass off or even get to the net easier if we had an aggressive center. Biedrins alongside bosh n marion might be nice. But Calderon's game needs to drastically improve!
Old 03-13-2009, 04:55 AM   #28
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Quote:
Bosh would be able to have a pass off or even get to the net easier if we had an aggressive center. Biedrins alongside bosh n marion might be nice. But Calderon's game needs to drastically improve!

Bosh needs a path to the rim of the size of an highway to drive, so an aggressive C would just stand in his way and force him to take even more jumpshots.

Btw, Bosh is clutch?
Have you ever watched the Raps this season?
I'm starting to believe he's the worst 4th quarter player of the team XD
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #29
T-Low
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
Bosh needs a path to the rim of the size of an highway to drive, so an aggressive C would just stand in his way and force him to take even more jumpshots.

Btw, Bosh is clutch?
Have you ever watched the Raps this season?
I'm starting to believe he's the worst 4th quarter player of the team XD

Bosh hasn't been giving the right team. He is put in a bad situation. For example, when Nesterovic played with Toronto, Bosh's play excelled with a big man in the middle. See, when Bosh shoots, he knows there won't be any rebounders in the middle because we lack it. But the reassurance of having a big man down low might help out. And don't say O'Neal was that big man because he can't get an offensive board or box out well at all.

I am not gonna say Bosh is clutch. But he has more skill in pressure than anyone else on our team.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #30
Parps
I hit open 5-footers

Parps is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I think Calderon's D is killing the team more than Bargnani stopping ball in the offensive end.

+1. I love the guy, but he just can't keep up with other PG's....
Parps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: