Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-30-2006, 12:04 AM   #1
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Default Maurice Taylor

Knicks just waived him any chance the Laker's might take a look??

Should they??
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:23 AM   #2
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

Waive Cook. Sign him as our backup PF for the vet minimum, he's a pretty good scorer off the bench.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:44 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I knew this would somehow come up.

Maybe he would do good...I mean, He is ok...but not great.

But why should we waive cook...cook can score 8 ppg off the bench easy.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:28 AM   #4
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I knew this would somehow come up.

Maybe he would do good...I mean, He is ok...but not great.

But why should we waive cook...cook can score 8 ppg off the bench easy.
Cook is redundant because we have Radman. Maurice Taylor can guard physical PFs, rebound, block occasionaly and is a good 15 foot jump shooter and not a bad backup to have.

Remember, everyone looks MUCH worse playing for the Knicks than they really are. Jalen Rose was a Star. Q-rich was a star. Malik Rose was a BIG role player for the Spurs. Taylor was a good role player in the Francis/Mobley days. Francis was a superstar, Marbury was good in Minny/NJ. Tim Thomas killed us in the playoffs and what was he doing for the Knicks? What are any of those guys doing for the Knicks? They play in a system that is flawed, there is no chemistry. Therefore, they all look worse than they really are.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:58 AM   #5
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
Cook is redundant because we have Radman. Maurice Taylor can guard physical PFs, rebound, block occasionaly and is a good 15 foot jump shooter and not a bad backup to have.

Remember, everyone looks MUCH worse playing for the Knicks than they really are. Jalen Rose was a Star. Q-rich was a star. Malik Rose was a BIG role player for the Spurs. Taylor was a good role player in the Francis/Mobley days. Francis was a superstar, Marbury was good in Minny/NJ. Tim Thomas killed us in the playoffs and what was he doing for the Knicks? What are any of those guys doing for the Knicks? They play in a system that is flawed, there is no chemistry. Therefore, they all look worse than they really are.

I agree on your statements regarding the Knicks players prior to becoming a Knick were better players with their previous teams and now underachieving in the Knicks system that has continuously flawed by default, and also agree on the fact that acquiring Radman has nullified the use of Cook's abilities on this team. Cook however still have values on the Lakers interms of trade value and will help any team looking to add a young sharp shooter who's still improving every year that will come relatively cheap considering he's still in his rookie contract, and unless we're seriously considering trading Mihm before the deadline we should hang onto Cook being our only other tradeable asset along with Mihm whom I still believe by packaging them off together can get us that quality player we need to upgrade at the point or a young big who can start at PF and also provide us at the back up C position aswell.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

Get him.
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:32 AM   #7
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

I dont know where you got the idea this guy defend or even block shots. All Mo could do is score and an average at best rebounder, Cook does more for the team all around Shoot the tre draw the charge, he plays hard every minute he's on the court, the same cant be said for Mo Taylor.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #8
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
I agree on your statements regarding the Knicks players prior to becoming a Knick were better players with their previous teams and now underachieving in the Knicks system that has continuously flawed by default, and also agree on the fact that acquiring Radman has nullified the use of Cook's abilities on this team. Cook however still have values on the Lakers interms of trade value and will help any team looking to add a young sharp shooter who's still improving every year that will come relatively cheap considering he's still in his rookie contract, and unless we're seriously considering trading Mihm before the deadline we should hang onto Cook being our only other tradeable asset along with Mihm whom I still believe by packaging them off together can get us that quality player we need to upgrade at the point or a young big who can start at PF and also provide us at the back up C position aswell.

I agree even thou I don't like Cook because his lack of D', he has good trade Value and the Suns have a interest in him, I would love it if they traded for Marcus Banks. Did I miss something is there a reason why the Laker's didn't sign him. I know his agent said LA was his first choice but the Laker's didn't
even make a attempt. Another Suns player I would like back is J. Jones Phil regrets letting him go but he is a SF and we would have to send Cook and Milm but if could get back a big guy it might be cool.
Someone else I heard the Knicks might be working on a Buy-out is J. Rose
Phil has a-lot of interest in him. He is 6'8 and plays SF and SG and would be great fit on the team. We can also unload some player's and Draft picks for him. Milm Cook and Mckie and Draft Picks. And even if we don't Keep him next year with his and B. Grant contract gone we should be able to sign some one good.
I know some may say we would have to offer Odom but I didn't want to go there, even thou he is from around there. But if we do trade Odom to Knicks I want Frye included in the deal.
But over all I'm just hoping we pick up Rose after a Buy-out or at least Maurice Taylor. Taylor would be a great pick up, I look at our roster and we are still short of a good PF. And can use a PG like Marcus Banks.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:44 AM   #9
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

The Lakers Need Him.......you Guy Lack Depth At The Front Court......
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:45 AM   #10
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by millencolin735
I dont know where you got the idea this guy defend or even block shots. All Mo could do is score and an average at best rebounder, Cook does more for the team all around Shoot the tre draw the charge, he plays hard every minute he's on the court, the same cant be said for Mo Taylor.

? ?
Old 09-30-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
I agree even thou I don't like Cook because his lack of D', he has good trade Value and the Suns have a interest in him, I would love it if they traded for Marcus Banks. Did I miss something is there a reason why the Laker's didn't sign him. I know his agent said LA was his first choice but the Laker's didn't
even make a attempt.

From what I remembered was that the Lakers had intentions to split the mid-level and offered Banks half of the MLE but Banks wanted the full Mid-level term so Banks didn't accept it. The Lakers and Banks continued to negotiate when the Lakers pulled out of negotiations when they learned that Vlade Divac who now scouts the European talent has persuaded his fellow countryman Radmanovic away from the clips to come play for the Lakers where he was promissed a starting job pairing up with Kobe who had also made a pitch along with Mitch & Magic all placing calls to Rad. Marcus Banks had high hopes on playing with the Lakers where he had the chance on starting as our PG and more importantly he wanted to be near his hometown of Vegas where he initially played with UNLV and became the Rebels star PG, Banks wanting to stay close to home then signed with Phoenix which has a nicer climate than Boston & Minnesota in the winter months.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #12
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
From what I remembered was that the Lakers had intentions to split the mid-level and offered Banks half of the MLE but Banks wanted the full Mid-level term so Banks didn't accept it. The Lakers and Banks continued to negotiate when the Lakers pulled out of negotiations when they learned that Vlade Divac who now scouts the European talent has persuaded his fellow countryman Radmanovic away from the clips to come play for the Lakers where he was promissed a starting job pairing up with Kobe who had also made a pitch along with Mitch & Magic all placing calls to Rad. Marcus Banks had high hopes on playing with the Lakers where he had the chance on starting as our PG and more importantly he wanted to be near his hometown of Vegas where he initially played with UNLV and became the Rebels star PG, Banks wanting to stay close to home then signed with Phoenix which has a nicer climate than Boston & Minnesota in the winter months.

Your right I let that one slip from me! Now I remember! Thanks! I just really wanted Banks on the team, and now thinkings Cooks might be a good trade for him since the Suns have interest in him.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:54 PM   #13
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I have never been a Cook fan, so I am not going to start. I think he is soft defensively, and also I think he is soft mentally on offense. Rad does make Cook obsolete.

I also think Cook would probably do well in a Sun's uniform. He would get some wide open looks and would probably have fun there. Much like Tim Thomas did (who I predict will SUCK for the Clippers as they will actually expect him to play D and not sit out around the perimeter).
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:41 PM   #14
cyclone_nicky
Can barely lace up my sneakers

if ny didnt want him, then niether do i
cyclone_nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:20 AM   #15
Targus™
Good college starter

check out the Kings forum...if u want to get a hint at where he's going to play next season :)
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: