Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #46
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Joe Smith bought out, will sign with Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
I hope Sheed gets bought out, but I really doubt it. My gut tells me he is the "surprise" FA if he happens to get bought out. Drew would be great for the Cavs as well. Mr. W&G on realcavsfans.com told us it was basically a done deal about Smith joining the Cavs.

your gut is wrong, sheed isn't discussing a buyout, why would he give up money to leave the pistons when he doesnt want to leave the pistons and they dont want him to leave?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #47
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Joe Smith bought out, will sign with Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
I hope Sheed gets bought out, but I really doubt it. My gut tells me he is the "surprise" FA if he happens to get bought out. Drew would be great for the Cavs as well. Mr. W&G on realcavsfans.com told us it was basically a done deal about Smith joining the Cavs.

Why would a team in the middle of a playoff run, cut their best big man? Sorry to put an end to your pipe dream, but there is a no chance Sheed gets bought out.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:59 AM   #48
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Thunder waive Joe Smith

Cavs fans are funny.

You actually thought there was a chance the Pistons would cut Sheed?

You guys are insane. A couple good seasons have warped your minds.

Why in gods name would Dumars cut Sheed?
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:50 AM   #49
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I heard that there is a good chance that either, the Spurs will buyout Duncan, the Suns will buyout Shaq, or the Celtics will buy out Garnett. I think the third one has the best chance of happening since the Celtics just acquired Mikki Moore.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #50
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
Cavs fans are funny.

You actually thought there was a chance the Pistons would cut Sheed?

You guys are insane. A couple good seasons have warped your minds.

Why in gods name would Dumars cut Sheed?
I only saw one poster mention it. So how did one poster become every cavs fan?
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #51
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

NOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this board

I wonder if the trade would have gone through if we would have been asked to waive Joe too.... probably so

I wish we were closer to contention so we could pick up ring hungry vets
NOHCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #52
TheWitness
Serious playground baller

TheWitness has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
I only saw one poster mention it. So how did one poster become every cavs fan?

LOL i havent even saw that post posted by the one poster...

the cavs need Smith.. not Sheed
TheWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #53
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOHCP3
I wonder if the trade would have gone through if we would have been asked to waive Joe too.... probably so

I wish we were closer to contention so we could pick up ring hungry vets

its not the distance from contention, it's the fact that your tream wouldn't be willing to take on the extra salary. You could offer your full $1.5 million exemption but you never would.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #54
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

when is he expected to clear wavers/sign with the cavs?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #55
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Quote:
when is he expected to clear wavers/sign with the cavs?

Wednesday morning.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #56
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaiel
Wednesday morning.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:59 AM   #57
TheWitness

so its sure that the cavs will be getting Smith?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #58
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWitness
so its sure that the cavs will be getting Smith?
yep. 2morrow morn.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #59
TheWitness

Quote:
yep. 2morrow morn.

the cavs line up is improving!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #60
BillytheKidder
I airball my layups

BillytheKidder has an OK reputation so far

So is this correct?.................Even if the Cavs can aquire Smith Wed, he would not be eligable for the playoffs because the deadline for eligability was Sunday?

Bill
BillytheKidder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: