Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #31
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Default Re: Raptors' 'trying' year leaves Bosh frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
I don't know if people would agree with me or this or not, but I think one of the main problems of this organization for the last several years is that they lack any sort of direction. What system does Toronto want to implement? What kind of players do they want on their team? Talent level is usually the most positively correlated with success, but this team has no identity, and hasn't had one for a while (possibly due to the net flux of players coming in and out).

Its like this franchise is stuck in the mud.

And a large portion of this problem is the fact that we continue to have d-league coaches on this team. I feel like the 06 run hurt us by a) convincing us that we were better than we were and b) Preventing the initial scurge of the previous coach that tends to take place when a GM comes into a new team. For the love of God can we please sign a respectible coach this offseason? Its not like there aren't any available. If Smitch is going to be a "commodity" as some people think, hopefully we can get his contract off the books and sign someone with some proven NBA experience.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #32
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
And a large portion of this problem is the fact that we continue to have d-league coaches on this team. I feel like the 06 run hurt us by a) convincing us that we were better than we were and b) Preventing the initial scurge of the previous coach that tends to take place when a GM comes into a new team. For the love of God can we please sign a respectible coach this offseason? Its not like there aren't any available. If Smitch is going to be a "commodity" as some people think, hopefully we can get his contract off the books and sign someone with some proven NBA experience.

Eddie Jordan would be an awesome coach for this squad. They need more discipline!
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #33
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

What do you guys think about his latest video blog?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7c_EbCMxa8

Mentioned the unwillingness to talk any ball, but also mentioned stuff about him leaving not being true. I'm not sure what to make of it.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #34
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason

damn you are on a role. Again, another time i agree with you.

We have had a bunch of coaches on this team. It leaves any player and organization just badly mismanaged. Every coach comes in, brings in his people and sets his rules...gets fired and new things start. Its bound to leave teams in a mess.

For ****s sake hire a good experienced coach that has proven to win. Fill in the missing pieces at our sg/sf position and lets see how this team does. Lets not explode without seeing how a complete team does. That would be extremely immature and irresponsible. fill in teh gaps and see the team's performance.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: