Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 09-30-2006, 01:07 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Would you trade Shawn Marion for KG

Would you?
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:11 AM   #2
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation
Default kg is a great guy and.....

very tempting but no, shawn marion is almost kg anyways and there's just something special about him, he's too cool
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:22 AM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

if shawn marion was almost KG you would've won the championship last year.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:46 AM   #4
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

This is a joke right? Please tell me you're not comparing Marion to KG? Jesus Christ. Yeah you should trade him for KG, but Kevin McHale might be a bad GM but he isn't insane. Anyway, not putting down Marion, great player, but can't compare him to KG, that's ridiculous.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:16 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Marion for Prime KG... yes... now... he just seem to be so un-KG... can't belive what happened to him... Marion's the REAL thing...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #6
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
Marion for Prime KG... yes... now... he just seem to be so un-KG... can't belive what happened to him... Marion's the REAL thing...

what are you talking about....KG put up 22/12/4 in his worst season and Marion had 22/11/2 last year in his best season.

Its a no brainer, if you had KG you wold immediately be favorites for the championship. I was only asking your thoughts because I was considering trading KG for Marion/Kurt Thomas in my Wolves franchise. I opted not to but geez could someone explain to me the rationale for NOT wanting KG from a GM's standpoint?

The way I see it, Garnett had his worst season last year because of lack of intensity. Its not that he doesnt want to win personally but I think its hard to bring your hardest every night when your team sucks. And its not that he didnt try hard. He still put up better numbers than Marion EVER did.

What are you people THINKING? Who knows if Stoudamire will ever be the same and you have a chance to pick up GARNETT?!? And you say NO?? Some of you guys are crazy...
Old 09-30-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
joni
I hit open layups

joni has an OK reputation so far

"Worst year" and "best year" don't tell the whole story. KG's been in the league 11 years, Shawn's been in 7 years. Regardless of your one-year stats, it's more telling to look at the past three years -- KG's numbers have gone down, Shawn's have gone up. Other factors may be involved, as you state, still there's credibility in the poster's reference to "prime" KG.
joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #8
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
This is a joke right? Please tell me you're not comparing Marion to KG? Jesus Christ. Yeah you should trade him for KG, but Kevin McHale might be a bad GM but he isn't insane. Anyway, not putting down Marion, great player, but can't compare him to KG, that's ridiculous.
whats ridiculous is how you have no idea what youre talkin about, look at both marion and kg's stats from this year, almost the same like i said earlier the only slightly big difference is kg has 3 more assts.
Shawn Marion
Phoenix Suns
Position: F
Height: 6-7 Weight: 228
College : UNLV
Player file | Team stats

2005-06 Statistics
PPG 21.8
RPG 11.8
APG 1.8
SPG 1.98
BPG 1.69
FG% .525
FT% .809
3P% .331
MPG 40.3
Kevin Garnett
Minnesota Timberwolves
Position: F
Height: 6-11 Weight: 220
High School : Farragut Academy HS (IL)
Player file | Team stats

2005-06 Statistics
PPG 21.8
RPG 12.7
APG 4.1
SPG 1.37
BPG 1.41
FG% .526
FT% .810
3P% .267
MPG 38.9
and marion is 4 inches shorter
Old 09-30-2006, 07:45 PM   #9
final.wrath
Banned

but that was KG's WORST season and marion's BEST season. and KG still had better numbers more assists and 1 more rebound. Marions good but hes not on the same level as KG.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:56 PM   #10
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

so whats your point? we're talkin about trading marion for garnett RIGHT NOW-THIS SEASON, my answer would still be no, maybe im just a die-hard suns fan, but dont get me wrong i like kg alot but besides best or worst seasons for either we're talkin about now and right now theyre not that different
Old 09-30-2006, 10:01 PM   #11
RiseUpAtlanta
I hit open layups

RiseUpAtlanta has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32

and marion is 4 inches shorter

Lol, like that's a good thing in basketball.
RiseUpAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:42 PM   #12
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
so whats your point? we're talkin about trading marion for garnett RIGHT NOW-THIS SEASON, my answer would still be no, maybe im just a die-hard suns fan, but dont get me wrong i like kg alot but besides best or worst seasons for either we're talkin about now and right now theyre not that different

i see what you mean, but just because their numbers were similar for one season doesnt mean they are similar players. KG is a more talented player and better player overall NOW. I mean...Tim Duncan put up numbers similar to Marion last year...does that mean Marion is almost Tim Duncan? Stat sheerts don't show everything.

But speaking of stat sheets, with Stoudamire returning next season Marion's overall numbers are bound to go down. That is, if Amare is anywhere near his old self.

I do think you're being a bit of a homer. I mean come on...KG for Marion. KG for Stoudamire is more fair. I honestly didnt think there would be very many Suns fans sying they wouldnt take Marion for KG. Especially with the talk of who will stay and who will go between Diaw and Marion next off-season.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:22 AM   #13
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
i see what you mean, but just because their numbers were similar for one season doesnt mean they are similar players. KG is a more talented player and better player overall NOW. I mean...Tim Duncan put up numbers similar to Marion last year...does that mean Marion is almost Tim Duncan? Stat sheerts don't show everything.

But speaking of stat sheets, with Stoudamire returning next season Marion's overall numbers are bound to go down. That is, if Amare is anywhere near his old self.

I do think you're being a bit of a homer. I mean come on...KG for Marion. KG for Stoudamire is more fair. I honestly didnt think there would be very many Suns fans sying they wouldnt take Marion for KG. Especially with the talk of who will stay and who will go between Diaw and Marion next off-season.
Call me crazy, but I would do it. Though Marion is younger, and KG is past his prime, he is a legit, go-to guy he can dribble, and pass better than Marion. I love Shawn, but to me it's a no brainer.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:33 AM   #14
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
If you had KG instead of Marion you would win 65+ games every season and win championships. Marion is not a go to guy, he can't create his own shot, he can't create for others, Garnett plays a more significant position and as good as Marion is defensively he's not on Garnett's level in that category either, numbers don't tell the whole story. Marion has Nash creating shots for him, who does KG have? Marko Jaric?
KG probably is a top 5 player or at least top 7-8, Marion isn't even top 20, how can you compare them?
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:57 AM   #15
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Marion plays in a team of All-Stars, he's a back-up player to Nash and maybe even STAT, if he's given a situation like KG's he play better than KG definetly.... and stats (not Amare) doesn't prove anything, the hustle Marion brings to the game is different, the fast break style of Marion is what the Suns need!!!

Marion + Nash + Amare = MJ + Pippen + Rodman???

what if...

KG + Nash + Amare = Starbury + Stevie Franchice + Crawford???!!!

see the diff???!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: