Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Shaq responds to Bosh

Quote:
"I heard what Chris Bosh said, and that's strong words coming from the RuPaul of big men," O'Neal said. "I'm going to do the same thing (in their next meeting) I did before - make him quit. Make 'em quit and complain. It's what I do."

Spam removed
Actual link: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...soneal-CR.html

Any idea what he means by "RuPaul of big men?

Could it be this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuPaul

Last edited by insidehoops : 03-02-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Shaq responds to Bosh

Shaq had taken a shot at Bosh earlier this year, before the All Star game. Shaq said that he wasen't going to make a video of himself to try and make it into the All Star game, like Bosh did.

Shaq is an entertainer first, and I don't think he likes the competition from Bosh in the arena. Bosh was novel, uses technology and was very imaginative with his cowboy video that was recognized nationally.

Maybe it was a little tasteless, trying to get people to vote for you to make it to the All Star game, but it was entertainment.

Shaq is larger then life, if that's possible and he's always dissed somebody. Bosh is just another in a long line of Shaq's toys. Bosh was right about the refs not calling the three in the key. But, Shaq creates room for himself in the paint just like every player in the league. Everybody tries to play bigger then they are to clear some space to work. Why should Shaq not be allowed the same as everybody else out there?

This is nothing but entertainment. And Shaq is the king of entertainment, not always classy, not always right, but he is the king.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Shaq had taken a shot at Bosh earlier this year, before the All Star game. Shaq said that he wasen't going to make a video of himself to try and make it into the All Star game, like Bosh did.

Shaq is an entertainer first, and I don't think he likes the competition from Bosh in the arena. Bosh was novel, uses technology and was very imaginative with his cowboy video that was recognized nationally.

Maybe it was a little tasteless, trying to get people to vote for you to make it to the All Star game, but it was entertainment.

Shaq is larger then life, if that's possible and he's always dissed somebody. Bosh is just another in a long line of Shaq's toys. Bosh was right about the refs not calling the three in the key. But, Shaq creates room for himself in the paint just like every player in the league. Everybody tries to play bigger then they are to clear some space to work. Why should Shaq not be allowed the same as everybody else out there?

This is nothing but entertainment. And Shaq is the king of entertainment, not always classy, not always right, but he is the king.
Well said. I for one luv Shaq and if the Ref's aren't calling 3 seconds, than it's up to him as a professional basketball player to take advantage.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

One interesting thing I noticed about the way the refs call Shaq is that it seems like in his last days in Miami they were calling a lot of 3 second violations and they were calling offensive fouls for when he would turn and swing his elbows or jump for the layup/dunk and ward off with the left arm. Now they don't seem to call any of those very often and Shaq is reaping the benefits. I mean, I like the big Shaqtus, one of my favorites, but he is receiving somewhat of a veterans pass.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Honestly, I hate Shaq. The guy is way to arrogant for his own good and one of these days he is gonna get it thrown right back in his face.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Bosh did come off like a whiney b**** after the game though. Its like when people complained about Iverson when he got ridiculous calls. You know its going to happen before the game so deal with it and shut up. Is it right? No, but its the NBA. Is it right that Bosh is going to be paid on a Kobe and Lebron level when he isn't worthy of tying their shoes? No, but that's also how the NBA works so Bosh STFU.

Oh, and the refs never call 3 in the key anyway. It happens on damn near every half-court set.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
One interesting thing I noticed about the way the refs call Shaq is that it seems like in his last days in Miami they were calling a lot of 3 second violations and they were calling offensive fouls for when he would turn and swing his elbows or jump for the layup/dunk and ward off with the left arm. Now they don't seem to call any of those very often and Shaq is reaping the benefits. I mean, I like the big Shaqtus, one of my favorites, but he is receiving somewhat of a veterans pass.

You're absolutely right. The refs have stopped calling Shaq for a lot of his indiscretions. And he's taking advantage of it, as he should.

And Shaq is not alone, and it's too bad. Look at the phantom calls Lebron gets, Kobe does his share of pushing off, say as compared to Bonner. And it's too bad, those players all have the talent to be successful under the same rules as everybody else.

Makes you wonder about how the calls change throughout the year. Somebody please remind me that Stern does not get involved in officiating. Somebody please tell me that Stern's first concern in consistency, please remind me that every player is treated equally and given opportunity to succeed by playing to the same set of standard and rules that everybody else has to play by.

This time of year the game is meaningless, just a prelude to the playoffs and Stern has the official deciding who he would like to see there, and how they will be allowed to play.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Any idea what he means by "RuPaul of big men?

Could it be this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuPaul

Why did he call Bosh a drag queen?

I don't get it?

Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #9
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I think maybe he was saying that Bosh was doing anything for attention

I'm not even 100% sure he was making a reference to that guy (..girl?..).
Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Yeah.. that's a guy .

Oh I get it.. so he called him an attention seeking drag queen about the videos he makes on the internet..

Cool. Shaq's an ass. Bosh made a comment about the game (Sounded like he made an excuse) but it's really unprofessional how he continuously takes shots at people's character and personality. I think he feels threatened of Bosh's charisma.

Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #11
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Quote:

I'm not sure that's what he meant though now that I think about it, it could be. I thought he was trying to call Chris Bosh soft or something. At least that's what people on the main board thought.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, at first I thought it was calling him soft, but after reading Chamberlains interpretation his seems to make more sense. In that he thinks that Bosh is trying to do things to get attention but nobody cares.

My thought about it is that Bosh was obviously just mad that he lost, and they probably asked him something about Shaq's performance and why they couldn't stop him or some pointed question like that, and then he kind of gave a snarky response to it and the media saw their opportunity to run to Shaq with it since they know he's always good for a quote or two.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #13
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Chris let his frustrations out in the wrong way.

Did Shaq get away with numerous 3 sec counts? Yes
Should he apologize for it? No
The refs are at fault NOT Shaq. Shaq is a future HOFer for a reason, if they don't call it, he would just keep doing it and he destroyed bosh that way.

I honestly don't think it would have mattered anyway, Shaq is another league than Chris when it comes to playing in the low post.
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #14
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I don't think Bosh was showing any animosity at all towards Shaq. He was more upset that it wasn't being called.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

I was actually at that game and gotta say there was one offensive charge with the ball that Shaq visciously demolished the Rap defender in his path and threw down one nasty dunk. Even the crowd was laughing and stunned that it wasn't called. It really was a badly refereed homer based night. Every Rap was in foul trouble yet the Sun's got away with assault. The NBA seems to often favour the home team but this game was really extreme!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: