Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
bracer028
Banned

bracer028 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default OT: Would Matt Hughes do good in Pr1de?

i think he would get f'ed up by silva, even gomi for that matter
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
bracer028
Banned

oh shit...wrong place
Old 06-03-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
Raptors4life
I brick open layups

Raptors4life has an OK reputation so far

tut tut :P

would you think Chuck Liddel has a place in pride?
Raptors4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #4
Voratian
Serious playground baller

Voratian has an OK reputation so far

I saw a fight Liddell had in Pride;
He got served.
Voratian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #5
Raptors4life
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voratian
He got served.

well that answers my question
Old 06-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
bracer028
Banned

what about mr. "submission" machine?

i think he would get choked out iwth a ki
Old 06-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
He got served.
I saw Silva in the UFC... he got served, too. Did you ever see the Vitor Belfort fight? Vitor beat the snot out of Silva in about 30 seconds.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #8
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He got served.

I saw Silva in the UFC... he got served, too. Did you ever see the Vitor Belfort fight? Vitor beat the snot out of Silva in about 30 seconds. Tito Ortiz also beat Silva. He was an average fighter in the UFC.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
Voratian

Wasn't Silva a newcomer when he was in the UFC?

Anyway I love the UFC and Pride both, don't get me wrong. I just recall seeing Liddell getting whalloped on.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:43 PM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He was somewhat of a newcomer to sanctioned MMA when Belfort destroyed him (much worse than Liddell got beat in PRIDE). He was not a newcomer when Ortiz beat him.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #11
Raptors4life
I brick open layups

Well there are men in both that can beat others in fights
only one way to find out and thats seeing the fights
Old 06-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #12
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I would also say that Liddell is much better now than he was when Jackson KOed him in PRIDE. I believe in the fight prior to that one, Couture KOed him. Since he just KOed Couture, I think he has improved.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 06-03-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #13
Voratian

Yeah, every time I see Liddell on UFC he's always destroying.

I saw a few Silva fights, man is beasting over there.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

PRIDE and UFC need to merge. There are great fighters in both. Why have the division? It doesn't make any sense. I want to know who the best MMA fighters in the world are and, with PRIDE and UFC fighting separately, we will never know for sure.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:53 PM   #15
bracer028
Banned

i agree...but pride pays so much more than UFC...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: