Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 03-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #16
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Should We Call It In?

Also, Jason Quick is in the locker room. He doesn't know these guys outside of the locker room no matter how much he thinks he does. Some players like to be left alone and get into deep thought and crap before and during a game. I know when I had a game, I wanted to be left alone because all my competetive fire was starting to burn and I knew if I messed around before a game, it would all go away. This is most common in baseball but it's still evident in basketball. Kobe Bryant does it and nobody says these things about him.

When Jason Quick goes to a Brandon Roy BBQ and sees Oden sitting alone crying while holding a knife to his wrist, then I'll believe him.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #17
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Should We Call It In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
When Jason Quick goes to a Brandon Roy BBQ and sees Oden sitting alone crying while holding a knife to his wrist, then I'll believe him.

Actually, new article I just found. Seems like they are going to treat him more normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by News Article
Greg Oden has become more of a private individual with the Blazers. As he doesnít hang out with any of the Blazer players off the court. He is well respected as a player by the Blazers, but doesnít like to do anything after the game or after community activities. A lot of times on the road he prefers to order room service then go out to eat with his teammates.

Jason Quick said the Blazers blame themselves for some of Gregís increased privacy. There are concerns that he is very frustrated with the last two seasons and he is not having any fun. His teammates and coaches canít figure out how to get through to him to relax as he appears moody in the locker room.

One thing that will start to come to an end on road trips is Gregís use of Paul Allenís bedroom. Allen has a bedroom in the back of the plane and Greg has been allowed to go back there and sleep during the plane ride. So Greg doesnít get a chance to get to know his teammates better on road trips. Greg is asked to stay up front, talk to his teammates, play video or board games with the team or just relax and be there with Roy and LaMarcus and get to know them better. I can only assume that he also was asked to go out to dinners and get to know his teammates while on the road instead of staying in his room.

The Blazers want to help Greg and have realized that they have treated him with kid gloves and need to stop some of the special treatments that players like Brandon or LaMarcus donít even get. So Blazers will be asking Greg to participate more with the team off the court in hopes he will feel closer with the team.

Good news I guess...
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: