Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 03-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
wozzler
I hit open 5-footers

wozzler has an OK reputation so far
Default What socks do you guys wear when ballin?

I realised my socks are getting real crappy and its time to get some new ones..

Also do you wear two socks when playing? I like to but I tend to get too hot unless i'm wearing my best breathe easy socks, hah.
wozzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Re: What socks do you guys wear when ballin?

I wear black nike socks that barely come up to my calf. They look good with black shoes.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

I wear socks made of cotton
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When I used to play I wore arch Nike socks that at least came above my ankles slightly. I hate no-show socks when they sink down in your shoe, then if you're playing the basically start sliding off your heel in your shoe. A thick sock is better, absorbs more sweat, more cushion, gives the shoe a snugger fit.

Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:14 AM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wear black, ankle high socks.

I put on one sock, then put on my neoprene ankle sleeve (black), then the second sock.

I like the extra cushion, snugness, and ankle support.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:29 AM   #6
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

I use Adidas high socks they are extra thick so I have less blisters when I play with them. When they are all in the wash I have to use my Nike ones and those are thin so I have to go double socks when I use those.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:44 AM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

my son wears long black under armour socks, used to wear these cheap starter socks from wally world but they loosen up too fast. i also got him some red nba socks.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

OneMoreSucka has decent reputation

Wool.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
reggiekaty
Can barely lace up my sneakers

reggiekaty has an OK reputation so far

Do you ever wear the power leg sleeves? I see some NBA players wearing them.

http://www.uniquesportsaccessories.c...productId=1284
reggiekaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #10
Capo617
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Capo617 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiekaty
Do you ever wear the power leg sleeves? I see some NBA players wearing them.

http://www.uniquesportsaccessories.c...productId=1284

Those wouldn't count as socks.

But back on topic I just wear some normal crew/tube socks. I want to get some NBA or Nike ones just because they seem a bit thicker. Anyone care to share some info on if they are or not?
Capo617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:20 AM   #11
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

noncotton ones
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
Hoopla
I airball my layups

Hoopla has an OK reputation so far

I wear a pair of football (soccer) socks that are a size too small.

Sounds ridiculous, but the tightness gives ankle support without the sweating associated with multiple pairs

__________________________________________________ ________________
11 ideas to improve your mental ability in basketball.
http://www.best-basketball-tips.com/...an-within.html

Plus, lots of FREE stuff at:
www.best-basketball-tips.com
Hoopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #13
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nike socks
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:08 AM   #14
DPittman
Banned

DPittman is a pretty well-respected posterDPittman is a pretty well-respected posterDPittman is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozzler
I realised my socks are getting real crappy and its time to get some new ones..

Also do you wear two socks when playing? I like to but I tend to get too hot unless i'm wearing my best breathe easy socks, hah.

why do people wear two pais of socks?
DPittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #15
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Tall black nike socks and I have one pair of low cut NBA socks (they're perfect size, they come up a little bit higher than most shoes and they're comfortable)
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: