Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 05-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #16
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread(Clippers with #1)

I really really hope that the Clippers end up making E.Gor and Griffin the franchise players of the team... and have every move made with that in mind...

I still cant stop thinking about how bad ass a line up of the following would be:

Baron - E.Gor - Al. T - Griffin - Camby

That running team would be entertaining as HELL to view...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #17
xtn5021
Serious playground baller

xtn5021 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtn5021
I'm praying to jesus that we get Blake Griffin.
Wow! I was actually right! We will probably and hopefully.... draft Griffin.
xtn5021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
FULL CLIP
I hit open 5-footers

FULL CLIP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtn5021
Wow! I was actually right! We will probably and hopefully.... draft Griffin.

What were you right about?
FULL CLIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:51 AM   #19
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Is there any chance of the clippers trading the pick?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:18 AM   #20
BRINKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Baron - E.Gor - Al. T - Griffin - Camby

That running team would be entertaining as HELL to view...

actually, to be a running team, you have to have two components:

athleticism - check.

three point shooting - not so much.

baron and thornton are statistically miserable 3 point shooters, and griffin and camby forget about it. that lineup could throw down some nice slams on fast breaks once in a while, but they could not sustain a running style because they dont spread the floor well enough.

thats why i really want to get a defensive minded SF who can knock down threes to add to the starting lineup and bring Thornton off the bench to score in bunches. Unfortunately tho i think dunleavy is more sold on thornton as a starter than i am.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:50 AM   #21
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRINKER
actually, to be a running team, you have to have two components:

athleticism - check.

three point shooting - not so much.

baron and thornton are statistically miserable 3 point shooters, and griffin and camby forget about it. that lineup could throw down some nice slams on fast breaks once in a while, but they could not sustain a running style because they dont spread the floor well enough.

thats why i really want to get a defensive minded SF who can knock down threes to add to the starting lineup and bring Thornton off the bench to score in bunches. Unfortunately tho i think dunleavy is more sold on thornton as a starter than i am.

If we are willing to spend money, Tayshaun Prince or Ron Artest would work. If we want to get someone for cheap, Matt Barnes would be the perfect fit. I was really hoping we would try to get him last offseason but we didn't. A guy we did try to get was Kelenna Azubuike and he would work too.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:36 AM   #22
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
CHICAGO (AP)—Blake Griffin showed up in an orange, black and white sweatsuit. For the record, he insisted there was no Clippers jersey underneath it.

In fact, the All-American forward from Oklahoma still wasn’t quite ready to sign a mortgage in Los Angeles or declare himself the NBA’s No. 1 pick. He’ll wait for commissioner David Stern to make that announcement on June 25, even if the Clippers indicated it’s really not necessary.

“I’m planning it as if I don’t know right now, which I don’t,” said Griffin, who was in Chicago on Thursday for the NBA draft combine. “I’m not going to guarantee anything. I’m going through it just like everybody else is.”

Well, not exactly.

While some players are facing a long line of workouts and interviews the next few weeks, Griffin said he’s only scheduled to visit the Clippers next week. And he wasn’t sure he would meet with any teams while in Chicago.

More In Link
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #23
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Pre-Draft Measurements Released

Old 06-02-2009, 07:38 AM   #24
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich

wow blake griffin in LA can only mean one thing....alot of feasting by other teams...

OK LA has Blake, Gordon and Thornton....they will not want to move these guys...

the guys they want to move will be Baron davis...who no one wants cause of his contract....

Kaman....who a few teams like but will give you a crap player in return for...

randolph....who no one wants again...maybe memphis...who will unload milicic on you guys..

and camby...who alot of teams will want but LA will want to keep...

Kaman and camby are the only guys to bring LA salary cap down...

i can see cleveland, NOH , Miami, wanting camby.
Kaman will be an interest in Dallas if shaq does not happen...or in detroit...
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #25
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
As you know, Blake Griffin worked out for the Clippers today at their practice facility in Playa Vista. Afterward, both Griffin and Mike Dunleavy spoke extensively about the workout about how things might look with Griffin in a Clippers uniform. Here's the transcript of both interviews...

Link to Transcript
Old 06-12-2009, 03:03 AM   #26
EDENS CLIPPS
Can barely lace up my sneakers

EDENS CLIPPS has an OK reputation so far

No Thorton Is Staying Hes A Keeper Hes So Versitile He Can Play The 2 The 3 And The 4 Defense Will Come Why Play Defense When No One Else Is Doing It He Is Humman After All Big Love For Al Thorton Hes A True Clipper Never Complains Just Works Hard
EDENS CLIPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:05 AM   #27
EDENS CLIPPS
Can barely lace up my sneakers

EDENS CLIPPS has an OK reputation so far

U Have Good Sence I Like The Line Up Now Who Do We Get In Return For Kaman And Randolph I Would Love 1 Out Of Thses 3 Brook Lopez Al Jefferson Or Hasheem Thabeet God Is Good And Pay For This Anything Is Possible
EDENS CLIPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #28
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I really hope Griffin works out well for you guys, I would LOVE to see the Staples Center Rockin with a Clippers Vs. Lakers Western Conference Finals.....can you imagine??? Unfortunately Clipper history is to draft guys who end up busts while guys drafted 2-4 picks below them being All-Stars......lets hope not this time.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #29
Atomic DOG
Banned

Atomic DOG has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba24
i can see cleveland, NOH , Miami, wanting camby.

Camby for Posey?

NOH exchanges a role player for a role player, sheds long-term salary.

LAC thins the frontcourt log jam, gets exactly what they need on the perimeter.
Atomic DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #30
qrich
King Heno

Blake Griffin Its official!

Oh man, I was still nervous we would've taken Rubio to be honest, glad we didn't.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: