Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 03-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #16
cdbleb

cdbleb has decent reputation
Default Re: Iverson out 2 more weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
Pistons staff says he's fine, Iversons doctor says he will be out two weeks. Interesting....

Sounds like hes got a reverse case of "Jon Kitna Syndrome". The Lions said his back was injured but he said it was fine.
cdbleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's a good take on it.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #18
utahjazzrock
Decent playground baller

utahjazzrock has an OK reputation so far

Besides A.I/Piston fans, I was probably the last to call the A.I/Billups a failure for Detroit.
Well, maybe not failure, but now I know for sure that Nuggets for sure got better deal.

This whole injury thing kinda proves it.
They were on what, 7-game losing streak?
Then he gets injured and they start winning.
Even Celtics.
This will give them better chance to secure 6 spot while he's at.
Hopefuly they can still play well with him back...
utahjazzrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #19
Cabbage
Thugget

Cabbage has an OK reputation so far

He won't even play in the playoffs. He knows he out of detroit after this season anyways.
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #20
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage
He won't even play in the playoffs. He knows he out of detroit after this season anyways.
If he sits out the rest of the season he must be considered one of the most selfish players in the history of the game.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #21
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If he sits out the rest of the season he is just hurting himself. For a guy that is going to be entering free agency the last thing he should want is to be thought of as a cancer on a team. I think in the end he will do what is right and come back when he feels healthy enough and come off the bench to finish the season out. He might be selfish and have an ego but when it comes down to it he still needs to find another place in the NBA and try to get the most money he can while doing that.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #22
pohzoko
I airball my layups

pohzoko has an OK reputation so far

Hopefully we'll get the chance to see if AI is the person who is making this team lose. Or is it Michael Curry?
pohzoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #23
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation here

Iverson supposedly still not ready to come back...

When is the deadline when waived players can no longer sign with a new team for the rest of the season? I think that is what the team is waiting for before they get rid of his worthless ass for good.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #24
dd24
College superstar

There's no way they are going to just waive him. It doesn't make sense. His contract is dropping off anyhow. I have to think he is seriously injured. First of all AI has never been known to fake an injury for a prolonged part of a season and things got pretty bad with his last two teams too. Secondly, even Rip is hurt right now so AI would have the starting spot and the playing time. I think his back injury is pretty legit. Anybody that has had a hurt back knows it doesn't cure itself in a week.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: