Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Least wanted as a teammate

Which player would you least like to have on your team?

Stephon Marbury, Celtics G.....22%
Ron Artest, Rockets F.....9%
Stephen Jackson, Warriors F/G.....5%
Kobe Bryant, Lakers G.....5%
Gilbert Arenas, Wizards G.....5%

[Based on a survey of 190 NBA players]

FAST FACTS: Poll was completed before Boston claimed Marbury on waivers last week.... Tracy McGrady tied for fifth; with him out with a knee injury, the Rockets had gone 81 at week's end.... Jackson has been on five teams in his nine-year career.... Arenas hasn't played since signing a six-year, $111 million deal last July (knee surgery); in '0607 his 1,548 shots were fourth in the NBA.

This is an NBA poll from the March 9, 2009 issue of Sports Illustrated.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Least wanted as a teammate

Where's Allen Iverson?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's an odd list. I find it wierd the put Kobe on the list but leave off someone like McGrady who can't get out of the first round or Allen Iverson.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Ron Artest gets a bad rap......from what I hear, most of his teammates love the guy. He's a favorite here as well.

Ron Artest is the perfect case of a perceived reputation giving somebody a bad rap.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

marbury
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
That's an odd list. I find it wierd the put Kobe on the list but leave off someone like McGrady who can't get out of the first round or Allen Iverson.
Somebody didn't just "make" the list, it was a survey of NBA players.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
bruceblitz
blitzsportsnetwork.com

bruceblitz has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22

Kobe Bryant, Lakers G.....5%
Gilbert Arenas, Wizards G.....5%

FAST FACTS: Poll was completed before Boston claimed Marbury on waivers last week.... Tracy McGrady tied for fifth; with him out with a knee injury, the Rockets had gone 81 at week's end.... Jackson has been on five teams in his nine-year career.... Arenas hasn't played since signing a six-year, $111 million deal last July (knee surgery); in '0607 his 1,548 shots were fourth in the NBA.

That list is accurate. I think Iverson skated off the list because he lessened his role in Denver and Detroit. Iverson has always been a willing passer just check his assists per game year by year. The fact of the matter is he's also a shot-jacker and probably belongs getting at least 3% of the vote.

Notice: LeBron would never be on a list like this.

I would like to see the question posed to NBA players: "Which NBA superstar from the league's entire history would you want to play with?" I guarantee Jordan would win the vote.
bruceblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Where's Allen Iverson?

Hes hard to play with but is a great teammate.
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #9
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

i don't understand how kobe's in there. i wouldn't mind having a top player on my team.

the answer is terrell owens, damn, they did my boy wrong.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #10
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

i'd hate to be on AI's squad. you don't show up to practice and then in games you dribble all over the court? f*ck outta here, that sh*t aint going down on my squad.

unless you're shaq, cuz then it's like 'ok, what can i do about it?'
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
i don't understand how kobe's in there. i wouldn't mind having a top player on my team.

the answer is terrell owens, damn, they did my boy wrong.

Maybe because Kobe takes too much shots? Obviously some NBA players might not like that. They probably prefer it if the shot attempts are balanced.

Either that or he has a big ego.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22

Kobe Bryant, Lakers G.....5%Gilbert Arenas, Wizards G.....5%

Wow. Must have polled Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Raja Bell, Chris Childs, and the entire Boston Celtics organization.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #13
bruceblitz
blitzsportsnetwork.com

bruceblitz has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
Wow. Must have polled Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Raja Bell, Chris Childs, and the entire Boston Celtics organization.

Yeah, that's it, they are all just Kobe haters. Man, you mean to tell me that you, a Kobe Bryant "fan", can't see why players wouldn't want to play with him?
bruceblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #14
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceblitz
Yeah, that's it, they are all just Kobe haters. Man, you mean to tell me that you, a Kobe Bryant "fan", can't see why players wouldn't want to play with him?

Oh boy. Here we go. Look at the list. All those guys, other than Kobe and Arenas, are crazy as cat $hit. Arenas is always hurt. Whats the reason that someone wouldn't wanna play with one the hardest working cats in sports? He raped someone? He chewed his gum like Mike yesterday? He tasted Shaq's a$$?
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #15
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think it's that surprising that Kobe's on that list. He's not the most popular player around the league and he demands a lot out of his teammates. I guarantee that most of the players who matter though would love to have him as a teammate.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: