Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #16
k-vil
It's Time!

k-vil has decent reputation
Default Re: Gooden will put the Spurs over the top.

Gooden will be an added scoring option on the spurs 2nd team. The only problem i see is his defense... being in the west he will have to guard most of the time good bigs like David West, Pau Gasol, Shaq( if they will let him, )or Amare if he comes back, Dirk etc. But he can definitely help the Spurs
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #17
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

I can't see Gooden not playing with the 1st team more often than not, especially at the end of games. He has way too much talent not to. I haven't watched the Spurs much this year but i'm highly doubting Gooden is going to only run with the 2nd team ...or be just a off the bench scoring option
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #18
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

While this post is interesting you are forgetting one crucial point:

Drew Gooden sucks.
DukeDelonte13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #19
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
While this post is interesting you are forgetting one crucial point:

Drew Gooden sucks.

Just remember you said that so i can call all of you haters out later
Old 03-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #20
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingereffic
Even without Bynum ,I think the Lakers have a better top three than the Spurs...

so kobe, gasol, and odom > tim, tony, and manu?

really? i mean.. really?
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Just remember you said that so i can call all of you haters out later

me too. at least defensively. no way he is out there on defense in a close playoff game.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #22
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
me too. at least defensively. no way he is out there on defense in a close playoff game.

Like i said, when you can find a Bull's fan to start *****ing about anything Gooden does then i'll take what you Cav's fans say more seriously

And this idea that playing with Lebron is more the norm than playing for the Bulls is just some retarded ****. Playing with any chucker is not a 'normal' team. I don't even get how you Cav's fans logic that

Last but not least, defense a lot of times by posters here in particular is very over-emphasized. Especially when y'all are knit-picky to a fault. Yep, there were tons of Porter/Avery supporters here, but i'm sure they won't call themselves out
Old 03-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #23
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Like i said, when you can find a Bull's fan to start *****ing about anything Gooden does then i'll take what you Cav's fans say more seriously

And this idea that playing with Lebron is more the norm than playing for the Bulls is just some retarded ****. Playing with any chucker is not a 'normal' team. I don't even get how you Cav's fans logic that

Last but not least, defense a lot of times by posters here in particular is very over-emphasized. Especially when y'all are knit-picky to a fault. Yep, there were tons of Porter/Avery supporters here, but i'm sure they won't call themselves out

i'm not a cavs fan, i don't want them to win the title. i want them to completely fall apart. i similarly hate the bulls but they suck. i dont want SA to win because they seem to win all the time, and i SURE as hell am not a porter / avery supporter. Nor do i think you need to preach defense to a fault to win.

and dude, Of course playing for the Cavs was more important than the bulls this year, they had real playoff games - thats where he was killing them and ultimately they lost faith in him. Playing for the Spurs in the playoffs is a hell of a lot more imporant than the bulls too. Are you insane?

i think Gooden can help, just not defensively because his defense is poor. you can keep saying it doesn't but its just not true. he's renowned for mental lapses and defensive lapses, you are basically saying that everyone (media, former teammates, every single person on this board besides you) is seeing things that dont exist.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #24
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: Spurs sign Drew Gooden

Signing is official
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #25
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

well. I dont think anyone can predict how hes going to play with the spurs. time will tell
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #26
xtn5021
Serious playground baller

xtn5021 has an OK reputation so far

Gooden will be a good person to come off the bench for the Spurs.
xtn5021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #27
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Duncan, Bowen, Parker, Gooden, Manu, Mason, is a dangerous core...
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #28
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Duncan, Bowen, Parker, Gooden, Manu, Mason, is a dangerous core...

kurt thomas and bonner are both going to get more playing time then gooden
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #29
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
kurt thomas and bonner are both going to get more playing time then gooden

Bonner initially but not Thomas and after a few games neither Bonner as well.

Gooden > Bonner
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #30
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Gooden is the perfect fourth option for the Spurs, behind Duncan, Parker and Ginobelli.

This move provides the Spurs with the big they have lacked since Mohammed left a few years ago.

The Spurs should win the championship again this year, over the Hawks in 6.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: