Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #16
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Top 5 Jim Carrey Movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
no surprise marlo would take bill murray and robin williams over Carey. they're considered more "offbeat/abstractist/artsy-fartsy" actors than Carey. marlo loves pretending stuff that is bohemian artsy-fartsy is cool.
He's into the "finer" things in life. Bless his lil heart.
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here

I can't stand Jim Carrey and don't find have funny one bit.
Liar Liar, Dumb and Dumber and Eternal Sunshine are my favorite movies of his and about the only ones I can tolerate.
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #18
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
no surprise marlo would take bill murray and robin williams over Carey. they're considered more "offbeat/abstractist/artsy-fartsy" actors than Carey. marlo loves pretending stuff that is bohemian artsy-fartsy is cool.
you're so clueless. name me all of their offbeat/abstractist/artsy-fartsy roles please?
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #19
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
you're so clueless. name me all of their offbeat/abstractist/artsy-fartsy roles please?

the life acquatic, the birdcage, probably more that im not familiar with. murray and williams are known for being more eccentric personalities, u love all that eccentric, off-center, bohemian stuff - in movies and music - but really 99% of it sucks.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #20
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
the life acquatic, the birdcage, probably more that im not familiar with. murray and williams are known for being more eccentric personalities, u love all that eccentric, off-center, bohemian stuff - in movies and music - but really 99% of it sucks.
lol the birdcage is a very famous play and i don't know many ppl who didn't like life aquatic hence meaning it's not very "off-center" tool.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #21
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Robin Williams is far from artsy fartsy.

The World According to Garp
Seize the Day
Good Morning, Vietnam
Dead Poets Society
Awakenings
The Fisher King
Insomnia
Good Will Hunting
One Hour Photo
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #22
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
lol the birdcage is a very famous play and i don't know many ppl who didn't like life aquatic hence meaning it's not very "off-center" tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The offbeat comedy stars Bill Murray as Steve Zissou, an eccentric oceanographer.

are you trying to say you aren't what i say you are? clearly everyone knows you are. why deny it. just admit it and accept it.

its like gigantes always claiming he's an independent yet in every post he slams one party and defends the other. denying it makes you look foolish. just admit who you are and be proud! u love all that artsy-fartsy, eccentric, bohemian off-beat stuff. thats you.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #23
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
are you trying to say you aren't what i say you are? clearly everyone knows you are. why deny it. just admit it and accept it.
clearly everyone knows I am, yet you're the only one saying it. meanwhile you on the other hand every1 would contest that you're one of the lamest posters on ISH. just admit you are what i say you are. you're posting on a message board where the majority of the posters don't like you.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #24
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You have to forgive Starface; he's 16 and doesn't really know much before '95.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #25
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

I literally almost piss my pants everytime I watch Dumb & Dumber.
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #26
starface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
16 and doesn't really know much before '95.

> pushing 30 and having no money and an ugly girl/no girl.

so thats why you're always so bitter towards "the man"

...or should i say "the men," your two dads lol
Old 03-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #27
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

ace ventura 2 is my favorite comedy of all time. i've honestly seen the movie at least 75 times and it doesn't grow old.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #28
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the truman show>>>>>>>>>>>>>jack
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #29
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Basically what everyones said here. I don't really think there has been one Jim Carrey film I haven't liked. Yes, Man was one I had thought would suck, but that shit was hilarious

Quote:
Carey is GOAT comedic actor and it's not even remotely close.

Yup.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #30
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (one of the best movies i've ever seen and i fancy myself a pretty big film guy, the story is fantastic and Michel Gandry is a mad man next level director)

2. Cable Guy (this movie was not good to me when it came out because Carrey had just done the Mask and Ace Ventura and was so played out, but i watched it a few years later and now i'm convinced it's genius and carrey gives a brilliant comedic performance)

3. Truman Show

4. Dumb and Dumber

5. Man on the Moon (this is kind of a default 5th here, the first four were easy picks, this is a step down from the rest to me)
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: