Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #31
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top 5 Jim Carrey Movies?

1.Dumb and Dumber
2.Liar Liar
3.Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
4.The Mask
5. The Truman Show
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #32
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
ace ventura 2 is my favorite comedy of all time. i've honestly seen the movie at least 75 times and it doesn't grow old.

completely agree, When Nature Calls never gets any love, i think its better than the first one that movie is absolutely hysterical.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #33
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

[1] the Truman Show [should've won best actor, IMO]
[2] Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
[3] the Majestic
[4] How the Grinch Stole Christmas
[5] the Cable Guy
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #34
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Gunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
he is not funnier than Robin Williams, Richard Pryor, or Billy Murray for example.
Yes he is. Aside from R.P
Gunnin4HoLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #35
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't worry, Marlo. These kids think comedy is only farts and boogers, they don't know what real comedy is. Let them have this one.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #36
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
[3] the Majestic
[5] the Cable Guy

GTFO
Old 03-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #37
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Gunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Don't worry, Marlo. These kids think comedy is only farts and boogers, they don't know what real comedy is. Let them have this one.
Opinions.. they form from thoughts .
Gunnin4HoLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #38
starface
Banned

Quote:

LOL

Every thread you talk about how yo'ure a movie buff here. But nobody else ever mentions you in that category. You even got owned to hell in that thread about directors.

You don't actually know anything about movies. What has given you such a misguided impression of yourself?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #39
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Hey, you typed in really large letters. Congrats. Now let the big boys discuss film. Go back to the other subjects you know nothing about, like football for example.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #40
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
LOL

Every thread you talk about how yo'ure a movie buff here. But nobody else ever mentions you in that category. You even got owned to hell in that thread about directors.

You don't actually know anything about movies. What has given you such a misguided impression of yourself?

I don't know, why don't you tell me?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #41
starface
Banned

Quote:
I don't know, why don't you tell me?

Yeah, you always ask for recognition about what a "film buff" you are, yet nobody here ever remembers you when naming people who have given takes they've enjoyed. You got completely punked in one thread. And the sad thing is, you being exposed as a fool is the only thing memorable you've ever contributed to a movie discussion.

Nobody here sees you as having good taste in movies. Why do you constantly act like its "your thing." Apparently it's not. It's not your thing.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #42
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
Yeah, you always ask for recognition about what a "film buff" you are, yet nobody here ever remembers you when naming people who have given takes they've enjoyed. You got completely punked in one thread. And the sad thing is, you being exposed as a fool is the only thing noteworthy you've contributed to a movie discussion.

Nobody here sees you as having good taste in movies. Why do you constantly act like its "your thing." Apparently it's not. It's not your thing.

Coming from you, I take this as a compliment. I mean, to be made fun by without a doubt the biggest loser on this forum is like...a privilege. I appreciate what you do for this forum, keep it up. When I feel down, I know I can always browse for the last starface post and laugh. Thanks for the good times, bro.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #43
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
clearly everyone knows I am, yet you're the only one saying it. meanwhile you on the other hand every1 would contest that you're one of the lamest posters on ISH. just admit you are what i say you are. you're posting on a message board where the majority of the posters don't like you.
i'd definitely agree that you're that off-beat, edgy, semi-hipster type. you come off as that guy who reads obscure poetry in starbucks.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #44
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (one of the best movies i've ever seen and i fancy myself a pretty big film guy, the story is fantastic and Michel Gandry is a mad man next level director)

2. Cable Guy (this movie was not good to me when it came out because Carrey had just done the Mask and Ace Ventura and was so played out, but i watched it a few years later and now i'm convinced it's genius and carrey gives a brilliant comedic performance)

3. Truman Show

4. Dumb and Dumber

5. Man on the Moon (this is kind of a default 5th here, the first four were easy picks, this is a step down from the rest to me)
This sums it up nicely for me, although probably not in that order. Dumb and Dumber was better than Cable Guy IMO, and Ace Ventura might actually have been as well. Been a while since I've seen either mind you. Man on the Moon is also one of my all-time favs, so it would definitely be way up there, at least for me.

I also thought The Majestic was underappreciated when it came out. It wasn't a masterpiece, but it definitely had a certain moxie.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #45
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
[3] the Majestic
[5] the Cable Guy

I said the top 5, meaning his best.
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: