Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Default Is Shawn Marion a keeper? Will we resign him? & what I would do: (Off Season moves)

In the 6 games that the Matrix has played (removing the one where he had the flu)

His averages are:
PPG 15.8 RPG 10.3 APG 3.5 BPG 0.8 SPG 1.5

Now im not a rocket scientist but those are the numbers we have needed from our small forward all year...But we shouldn't break the bank to resign him I would say anything over 8.5 million per would be to much plus with the economy the way it is he should be happy with that or lower...

We need to keep him and just look for a slashing shooting guard that can creat his own shot.

This is what we should do in the off season:

Note: only player with numbers in front of there names should be on this team next year.

1. Shawn Marion - $8,500,000 (Resign)
2. Chris Bosh - $15,779,912
3. Jose Calderon - $8,219,009
4. Jason Kapono - $6,212,960 <----(Trade Kapono for Reggie Evans $4,640,000 Philly has no outside shooting.)
5. Andrea Bargnani - $6,527,490
6. Anthony Parker - $1,033,342 (resign vet minimum)
Garbajosa - (Contract comes off the books finally!)
7. Marcus Banks - $4,464,000 (Try to trade him if not give him some run early next season and see where he is at.)
8. Kris Humphries - $3,200,000
Joey Graham - (Let him walk!)
9. Patrick O'Bryant - $1,620,000
10. Roko Leni Ukic - $1,350,000
Jake Voskuhl - (Let him walk!)
Nathan Jawai - (Let him walk!)
11. Matt Barnes or Ben Gordon if we can get him for this much - $5,585,000 (Sign with our mid level exeption as the slashing shooting guard that can creat his own shot & he Does not count against the salary cap.)
12. James Harden or Earl Clark - $1,802,400 (8th pick salary)
13. Carlos Delfino - $ 1,543,847 (Resign him)

Team Salary: $58,680,000 + $5,585,000 mid level exeption
Salary Cap: $58,680,000

Starting Lineup:

Jose PG
Barnes SG/SF or Ben Gordon SG/PG
Matrix SF/PF
CB4 PF/C
AB C/PF

Bench:

AP SG/PG
Reggie Evans PF
Marcus Banks PG
Kris Humphries PF/C
Patrick O'Bryant C
Roko Leni Ukic PG/SG
James Harden SG/SF or Earl Clark SF/SG
Carlos Delfino SG/SF

At least this is what I would do we would instantly get better at rebounding and also have a deeper better overall team.

What would you do?

Last edited by HalphbreedBaller : 03-04-2009 at 10:19 PM.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Default Re: Is Shawn Marion a keeper? Will we resign him? & what I would do: (Off Season moves)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller

1. Shawn Marion - $8,500,000 (Resign)
2. Chris Bosh - $15,779,912
3. Jose Calderon - $8,219,009
4. Jason Kapono - $6,212,960 <----(Trade Kapono for Reggie Evans $4,640,000 Philly has no outside shooting.)
5. Andrea Bargnani - $6,527,490
6. Anthony Parker - $1,033,342 (resign vet minimum)
Garbajosa - (Contract comes off the books finally!)
7. Marcus Banks - $4,464,000 (Try to trade him if not give him some run early next season and see where he is at.)
8. Kris Humphries - $3,200,000
Joey Graham - (Let him walk!)
9. Patrick O'Bryant - $1,620,000
10. Roko Leni Ukic - $1,350,000
Jake Voskuhl - (Let him walk!)
Nathan Jawai - (Let him walk!)
11. Matt Barnes or Ben Gordon if we can get him for this much - $5,585,000 (Sign with our mid level exeption as the slashing shooting guard that can creat his own shot & he Does not count against the salary cap.)
12. James Harden or Earl Clark - $1,802,400 (8th pick salary)
13. Carlos Delfino - $ 1,543,847 (Resign him)

Team Salary: $58,680,000 + $5,585,000 mid level exeption
Salary Cap: $58,680,000

Starting Lineup:

Jose PG
Barnes SG/SF or Ben Gordon SG/PG
Matrix SF/PF
CB4 PF/C
AB C/PF

Bench:

AP SG/PG
Reggie Evans PF
Marcus Banks PG
Kris Humphries PF/C
Patrick O'Bryant C
Roko Leni Ukic PG/SG
James Harden SG/SF or Earl Clark SF/SG
Carlos Delfino SG/SF

Obviously trading Banks and Kapono for anything expiring is crucial. I would actually resign Joey Graham for the right price as he can be a decent player off the bench for us. I think Parker will command more than the veteran's minimum. Lot's of teams would be willing to pay him 3 million I think. We will definitely not get James Harden with the 8th pick, he will be gone at number 4 at the most. O'Bryant's contract comes off the books this summer. H oops h ype got his contract wrong (We wouldn't have been able to work out a deal with Will Solomon) as it is half of the price you mentioned and is non-guaranteed for next year. Jawai still has another year on his contract. Voskuhl I would agree to let go, he was just insurance because of injuries this season. Matt Barnes is NOT a SG and is overrated IMO. He is a tough player but he is a good bench role player at best. He will probably get a decent paycheck because he's been making the minimum and lot's of teams will probably overpay for that toughness. Ben Gordon would be decent but he's looking at 10 million per season and has been quite stubborn about not getting what he thinks he deserves. Marion won't sign for 8.5M. Probably more like 10M per season.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

Default Re: Is Shawn Marion a keeper? Will we resign him? & what I would do: (Off Season moves)

Gordon will make more then that.....Delfino would make more if he comes back to the NBA....and Marion will sign for more.

Other then that, I would be happy with that team.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #4
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Obviously trading Banks and Kapono for anything expiring is crucial. I would actually resign Joey Graham for the right price as he can be a decent player off the bench for us. I think Parker will command more than the veteran's minimum. Lot's of teams would be willing to pay him 3 million I think. We will definitely not get James Harden with the 8th pick, he will be gone at number 4 at the most. O'Bryant's contract comes off the books this summer. H oops h ype got his contract wrong (We wouldn't have been able to work out a deal with Will Solomon) as it is half of the price you mentioned and is non-guaranteed for next year. Jawai still has another year on his contract. Voskuhl I would agree to let go, he was just insurance because of injuries this season. Matt Barnes is NOT a SG and is overrated IMO. He is a tough player but he is a good bench role player at best. He will probably get a decent paycheck because he's been making the minimum and lot's of teams will probably overpay for that toughness. Ben Gordon would be decent but he's looking at 10 million per season and has been quite stubborn about not getting what he thinks he deserves. Marion won't sign for 8.5M. Probably more like 10M per season.

-Why would you resign Joey Graham he isn't worth it! he is Garbage in comparison he has been in the league longer than AB and still he is Garbage enough of waiting its not going to happen!

-Barns Can play SG or Small forward you must not be watching the Sun's are you saying Barnes isn't better than Joey?

-We aren't going to get an expirer with kapono so I say trade for what we need defence and rebounding in Evans

-Your right about 10 million plus for Gordan though, one can only hope...

-No one is going to take Banks off our hands.

-And I'm not wrong about O'bryant's Contract it is as I had originally posted.

-Jawai is a team option that won't be resigned.

(Besides Barnes & Gordon there are no SG or SF that are very good in this years free agent class)

Last edited by HalphbreedBaller : 03-05-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:18 AM   #5
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Gordon will make more then that.....Delfino would make more if he comes back to the NBA....and Marion will sign for more.

Other then that, I would be happy with that team.

lol yeah, other than the fact that it clearly financially doesn't work, it's great. While we're at it, how about Kobe opts out of LA and signs with us for the MLE?
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

If we can keep Marion for a decent price ( Not over paying him like Kapono ) we should keep him he is perfect for a small foward but we still need a SG who can create for others and his self ...... If Marion ask too much we should just sign a next SF who can create for his self and Park is fine at the SG as long as we have a SF who can take alot of the pressure off of him ....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

We need a Defensive Center who will CLOG the paint, When Bargnani plays center he stands around the 3 point line so when Bosh takes those jumps shots we get ZERO OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS!

Center and Bargani or Center and Bosh ..... take you pick!

We will never win with Bargnani and Bosh are Center and Powerfoward! You can't have 2 big time scores playing both those positions if you look around mostly ever time has either position as scorer and defence ......
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #8
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
We need a Defensive Center who will CLOG the paint, When Bargnani plays center he stands around the 3 point line so when Bosh takes those jumps shots we get ZERO OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS!

Center and Bargani or Center and Bosh ..... take you pick!

We will never win with Bargnani and Bosh are Center and Powerfoward! You can't have 2 big time scores playing both those positions if you look around mostly ever time has either position as scorer and defence ......

With your prognostication abilities I wish you were a ground hog. Just in case, do you know what the weather is going to be next spring?
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
If we can keep Marion for a decent price ( Not over paying him like Kapono ) we should keep him he is perfect for a small foward but we still need a SG who can create for others and his self ...... If Marion ask too much we should just sign a next SF who can create for his self and Park is fine at the SG as long as we have a SF who can take alot of the pressure off of him ....

Parker is not fine as our SG next year, regardless of the other 4 starters. We need a better player at that position.If we keep him, he's as a 6th or 7th man and spot starter.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #10
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

In all honesty, my first move would be getting rid of Calderon. I feel he is the "chemistry" killer. It starts with him. @ Shawn Marion, I'll keep him. Bargnani + Bosh + Marion will look good in the future.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #11
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
In all honesty, my first move would be getting rid of Calderon. I feel he is the "chemistry" killer. It starts with him. @ Shawn Marion, I'll keep him. Bargnani + Bosh + Marion will look good in the future.

Calderon just needs to rest up and get off his bad hammy...for a while he has no burst of speed when he isn't healthy the raps should actually send him to the injured list and see what we can get out of Banks for the rest of the year...same goes for Bosh lets see what we got in O'Bryant and Pops.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #12
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Calderon just needs to rest up and get off his bad hammy...for a while he has no burst of speed when he isn't healthy the raps should actually send him to the injured list and see what we can get out of Banks for the rest of the year...same goes for Bosh lets see what we got in O'Bryant and Pops.

We will instantly become the worst team in the league.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #13
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
We will instantly become the worst team in the league.

We are already one of the worst what does it matter...at this point the raps should be looking towards next season rather trying to make the playoffs.

Last edited by HalphbreedBaller : 03-05-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #14
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Ewwww you act like you work for the Raptors which I highly Doubt I on the other hand work as a free lancer for Chris-Bosh.com & Raptors T.V. and I work for Rogers sportsnet....

I am also the designer who made the Jack Armstrong hello T-Shirt of whom I am good friends with, I have all the sources I need at my finger tips...so you can keep believing what you want...

I made this thread with the question at the bottom that said what would you do?

Not: Can you please read in to all my info that I have posted figure out if I am right or not and call me out on anything that I have typed in my post?

Hater!

lol I'm not a hater I was just pointing out where you went wrong. Just don't go on TV saying that stuff..

You make it seem like your so important for knowing Jack Armstrong

Last edited by Toni : 03-05-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
We are already one of the worst what does it matter...at this point the raps should be looking towards next season rather trying to make the playoffs.

That I actually do agree with.. the more games we lose the closer we get to Harden. The season is lost anyways. I'm kind of intrigued by what Bonsu can bring to this team. He really put up really good stats in the D-League, maybe he could be a decent role player in the big leagues.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: