Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 06-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool
Default Cmon Wiz fans

where you at? lotta rumors these days lets discuss the future
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
GiveItToBurrito

Default Re: Cmon Wiz fans

Hm, where to start?

Amare for AJ and the 5th pick sounds too good to be true, and Phoenix has made enough dumb decisions in the past that I could see them doing it. At the same time, I'd be just as happy with us drafting Jordan Hill and dealing Blatche and an expirer for an upgrade at shooting guard (I hate starting Dominic McGuire or any other player with no offensive game to speak of; 4 on 5 sucks).

I've read that Grunfeld seems to be high on James Harden, which is about as safe a draft pick as there is. The guy seems like a quality starter, but I'd rather take a gamble on Derozan and just play him until he's good.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Finally someone replies!

anyways...

I would definitely take that Amare trade not because i don't think AJ is good, but he will only be good for another 2 years and Amare is considerably young.

As for Jordan Hill, I like him but I also don't like him. he seems to have good rebound and defensive skills yet he lacks real offensive game and his motor is in question

I am a James Harden fan to say the least. he can score with ease, he has good size and defends well. people say he is not athletic for a SG, yet many people say that about Paul Pierce and look what he does. and the fact that he is a southpaw brings a different facet to his game.

Derozan is nice. his scoring ability and athleticism is unparalleled. all he needs is time to develop. but is that what we want?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Butters
Speed Demon

Butters has an OK reputation so far

I really want to keep the team set.With what we got this year with our Bread and Butter coming back,and the pick,I think we can make a strong push in the east.

Getting there is one thing,well see how we match up against Magic and the celts In the regular season.We have already shown we have the ability to beat The Cav's now.

All in all i think this is going to be a great season for us Wizard fans.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters
I really want to keep the team set.With what we got this year with our Bread and Butter coming back,and the pick,I think we can make a strong push in the east.

Getting there is one thing,well see how we match up against Magic and the celts In the regular season.We have already shown we have the ability to beat The Cav's now.

All in all i think this is going to be a great season for us Wizard fans.

I want to agree with you but i'm not sure i can....i'm sick of a .500 record, a 5th seed and 1st round playoff loss....I'd rather us be in a rebuilding period for another year and have a legitimate team.

I like the the pick of javale Mcgee....when (hoping) he matures and strengthens his game, he will be a solid big man for years to come. we also have some veteran leadership in caron/AJ......our bench is ....thats a prob

what it comes down to is consistency and i feel we don't have it. but hopefully flip saunders turn thigns around
Old 06-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
Butters
Speed Demon

Butters has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
I want to agree with you but i'm not sure i can....i'm sick of a .500 record, a 5th seed and 1st round playoff loss....I'd rather us be in a rebuilding period for another year and have a legitimate team.

I like the the pick of javale Mcgee....when (hoping) he matures and strengthens his game, he will be a solid big man for years to come. we also have some veteran leadership in caron/AJ......our bench is ....thats a prob

what it comes down to is consistency and i feel we don't have it. but hopefully flip saunders turn thigns around

I agree.Im very happy with Mcgee because hes not afraid to throw it down.

As far as the rest of our bench goes,Z?meh we do need work there.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: