Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #16
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: So a friend of mine hung himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
Shit was crazy when I heard. I was shooting hoops w/ him a few days ago. He used his goal and a belt. The general synopsis is that it was over his ex-g/f, but that is retarted. Kid had plenty of people, and was always clowning. Only 18. Any of you guys know some one who pulled some off the wall shit like this?
i knew a guy that robbed a bank so he could have money to take his girl to vegas. he got chased and cornered near the galleria in houston and he shot himself. the girl was hot but she's a gold digging ho.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #17
Sicknote
National High School Star

Sicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation here

That sucks bro.. sorry for your loss..
Sicknote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #18
Back In Shape
Great young streetballer

Back In Shape has not been impressing people

A friend of mine did the same thing. Never saw it coming. Me and him with a couple of girls had just spent a week near Ensanada at his parent's summer house. He was separated from his wife but seemed like he was in awesome spirits, we had a blast down there. He had got back with his wife, but hung himself like 6 months later. Guy was only 19. I have trouble feeling sorry for him though without being a little pissed because he hung himself at his parent's house when he was alone with his 2 year old daughter. When his parents walked in, the baby was staring up at him crying, He didn't even bother to close the door to the room so his daughter couldn't get in.

Makes you wonder what a deep, dark world the human mind sinks into in order to get to the point where you can wrap something around your neck and let yourself go, knowing that you are going to probably suffer violently before you die.
Back In Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #19
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

One of boys tried to hang himself in the woods across from where we played football when we were in middle school. Luckily for him the branch broke and the boys went out looking for him and found him.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #20
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

damn im sorry man.. my classmate in ninth grade hung himself.. his supposed friend borrowed his ball and never gave it back.. my classmate to get it back but they wouldnt give it back to him.. his dad gave him that ball on his last birthday with him before he died of cancer..

RIP J.F.
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #21
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

two suicides in 2008 for me, made it through all the teen angst years when people usually do it only to have two friends take themselves out when i was 29. one of them was my basketball buddy who i'd talk fantasy hoops and nba stuff with every day and his death is the reason i'm here really. shot himself in the chest with a shotgun and left a note that said "sorry for the mess". f*cking nightmare man, still not over it, so confusing and heart breaking. in august another friend of mine (not as close to as the aforementioned) hung himself with his belt. doesn't make any sense to me, i can't imagine how low you have to be to feel like nothing is better than the pain you're in. sorry about your friend anyway, it's a horrible horrible thing that we'll deal with the rest of our lives probably.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #22
Back In Shape
Great young streetballer

Back In Shape has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
One of boys tried to hang himself in the woods across from where we played football when we were in middle school. Luckily for him the branch broke and the boys went out looking for him and found him.

Reminds me of this kid from Indonesia at our boarding school in the 8th grade. He got a bad grade in something and started flipping out. All the noise brought everyone from the halls piling into the room and the guy just starts slashing at himself with a butter knife. Instead of helping him people just started laughing at him. Then kid the gos for the window trying to get it open(we were on the 2nd floor) and an upper classmen, a room leader, grabs him back starts beating the living sh!t out of him because he won't let go o the knife. I shouldn't laugh but it was funny as hell.
Back In Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #23
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

HisAirness has decent reputationHisAirness has decent reputation

I'm unbelievably sorry to hear that. Stay strong.
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #24
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Gunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected poster

Sorry to hear about all this. Listening to every story in here makes me sad and I feel we gotta show appreciation from time to time to show we still think of them. My old elementary buddy died in a car crash on a late saturday night. Apparently he and his friend were drinking and goin 120 in a Benz and hit a railroad track that got them airbourne and lost control. They ended up hitting the poles and the f.ucking car caught on fire!! A f.ucking mercedes that one of its features were the gas valves shut off. They lost conciousness and burned to the death. Just to write that hurts me.. to burn to a death and blackout like that. man its so depressing. RIP ERNIE AND DANNY
Gunnin4HoLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #25
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Suicide is always devestating. My dad's best friend committed suicide and so did one of my former teachers. It is always unexpected and difficult to believe.

Sorry for your loss.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #26
barne100
Good High School Starter

barne100 is considered somewhat coolbarne100 is considered somewhat cool

just a few observations..

why do so many people say rest in peace.. i'm assuming the majority of people writing this are religious and therefore don't believe they are resting..

also, really, any religious person is essentially feeling sorry for themselves as they believe their friends are in the greatest place ever.

i actually have wished i had any semblance of religiousness in me during some hard funerals.
barne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #27
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Sorry Bro.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #28
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by barne100

why do so many people say rest in peace.. i'm assuming the majority of people writing this are religious and therefore don't believe they are resting..

Its just like when people say "God Bless You" when you sneeze. Its just a common courtesy gesture. Most people dont know what god bless you means, they just say it bc its become the norm thing to say, along with RIP.

Quote:
also, really, any religious person is essentially feeling sorry for themselves as they believe their friends are in the greatest place ever.

Is that a problem to feel bad for themselves? You lose a close person in your life, and although you know they are going someplace better, you cant help but be sad that they will no longer be apart of your life here on earth. Also, not everyone goes to heaven so people can feel bad in that sense as well
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #29
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

i actually have wished i had any semblance of religiousness in me during some hard funerals.

Wouldn't someone that kills his or herself go to hell (according to the bible)?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #30
barne100
Good High School Starter

barne100 is considered somewhat coolbarne100 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Is that a problem to feel bad for themselves? You lose a close person in your life, and although you know they are going someplace better, you cant help but be sad that they will no longer be apart of your life here on earth. Also, not everyone goes to heaven so people can feel bad in that sense as well

absolutely no problem with that... in fact you'd have to be crazy to not feel bad for yourself. just an observation.
barne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: