Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-05-2009, 11:09 PM   #16
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: working out at night or day?

Running in the morning: Light. Safer. Can see things.

Running in the dark:

crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #17
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OP: V normally knows what he'z talking about but I'll tell you this much. Your testosterone peaks in the early hours, 3 hours after you wake up, and 9 hours after you wake up... So if you kipup outta bed at say 8:00.. an Afternoon workout at 11, or an evening workout at 5 will do good.

Time really doezn't matter as much as the intensity and the timing of your meals. I've been an evening guy 95% of the time because the serene night air motivates me moreso than lazy-a$$ daytime. Especially with the lethargic sun all up in there.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:58 AM   #18
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

thanks for the advise everyone

but heres what i do and critiqe me. iam not currently doing much right now

mon,wed,fri- i use 25 pound dumbells do 3 sets of 10 curls,300 situps,30 seconds of core muslce things(cant really explain it)

tue,thur-100 pushups,about 400 situps

my diet isnt great since iam pretty poor iam 5'10 maybe 5'11 165 pounds

i want to do some running on tuesdasy and thursdays seems to me like when i play basketball i get tired cuz i dont run at all iam trying to change that

oh and i do all these workouts while iam watching jay leno and conan o brien
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:08 AM   #19
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train

I'm not doubting what you are saying, but it makes me chuckle when people say "its a SCIENTIFIC FACT... blah blah". Classic Will Ferrell.
continue.

"agree to disagree"
"When in Rome"
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #20
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

focus on getting it done first, that is the most important part.

P.S if you want to loose fat you need to focus on your diet. Exercise is NOT efficient enough and should be used to train your CV system and help create a calorie deficet. A clean diet will be far more effective when you want to lower your body fat.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #21
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

I work out in the evenings/nights. I'd like to work out in the mornings but it's hard to fit it around my schedule.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #22
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have high metabolism so I'm weak as shyt in the morning.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #23
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

i find it easier to work out in the morning. my job sometimes keeps me late and i often don't know when im off work. when i do get off late i sometimes get too lazy. working out in the morning seems to energize me, and oddly enough i am less tired when the work day is over if i worked out in the morning as supposed to not. thats just me though.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #24
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
thanks for the advise everyone

but heres what i do and critiqe me. iam not currently doing much right now

mon,wed,fri- i use 25 pound dumbells do 3 sets of 10 curls,300 situps,30 seconds of core muslce things(cant really explain it)

tue,thur-100 pushups,about 400 situps

my diet isnt great since iam pretty poor iam 5'10 maybe 5'11 165 pounds

i want to do some running on tuesdasy and thursdays seems to me like when i play basketball i get tired cuz i dont run at all iam trying to change that

oh and i do all these workouts while iam watching jay leno and conan o brien

No need to waste your type doing sh!tloads of REPS AND REPS of the same boring, strenuous exercise. It'z actually counterproductive too. Mix up your ab routine with wall-sits contracting your abs, V-Ups, bicycle kick, six-inch l aying on your back leg lifts. You'll feel the burn faster and you won't get bored. Do regular pushups. Close diamond push-ups (triceps and shouldres. Pushups while leaning your feet against the wall. Clapping pushups. Elevated Pushups. Hindu Pushups. Hold the 25 DB'z to your side and do like 100 squat reps. So much man just got to seeek and find.

Your height and weight are very similar to mine but even being pobre, you can stack up on eggs, steel-cut oatmeals, milk, apples, bananas, potatos, green beans, peanuts, pistachoiss (Produce don't have to be organic), CANZ of TUNA, bread, salad in bulk. Tough part is to acquire the EVOO, the flaxseed, and the whey.. but we'll leave that when you get serious.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: