Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #16
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Underrated Players in the NFL (By Position)

wtf at the Revis statement
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #17
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
wtf at the Revis statement
Obviously you haven't watched him play extensively. He's an all-pro which obviously puts him in elite company. I watched him play between 6-10 games and he doesn't get tested at all. The times he was tested he displayed great ball skills.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #18
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Skywalker if you want I'll dig up links backing my claim. Here is one I found quickly:

"New coach Rex Ryan called Jets LCB Darrelle Revis "the best corner in football" at his introductory press conference.

Revis probably isn't better than Nnamdi Asomugha, but he's up there and will only get better. Ryan will likely continue to let Revis shadow the Jets opponents' top receivers next season. Revis made his first Pro Bowl in 2008."

http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/...rt=nfl&id=4155
Old 03-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Most of those offensive lineman you have are rated just fine - some have all-pros under their resume and others are known in the football community as great players.

I don't really think Breaston is all that underrated either. He's not your typical 1000 yard reciever but he gets it done because he's in a pass happy offense and has Boldin and Fitzgerald to take a lot of coverage away from him.

Stokley found himself in the same situation with Manning, Harrison & Wayne.... then he left and didn't do as well.

Heath Miller should be on that underrated list for tight ends. He doesn't get enough public appreciation for what he brings to the table in the Steelers offense. He's the Hines Ward of that position.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #20
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Most of those offensive lineman you have are rated just fine - some have all-pros under their resume and others are known in the football community as great players.

I don't really think Breaston is all that underrated either. He's not your typical 1000 yard reciever but he gets it done because he's in a pass happy offense and has Boldin and Fitzgerald to take a lot of coverage away from him.

Stokley found himself in the same situation with Manning, Harrison & Wayne.... then he left and didn't do as well.

Heath Miller should be on that underrated list for tight ends. He doesn't get enough public appreciation for what he brings to the table in the Steelers offense. He's the Hines Ward of that position.
Most of the O-linemen aren't well known by the casual fan hence why they made the list.

Breaston is underrated considering he was a 5th round pick and played really well while Boldin was injured too mind you.

Stokley didn't ever start and play well.

Heath Miller was overlooked and does deserve to be mentioned on the list.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:26 PM   #21
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TE Dustin Keller
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Offensive Guard - Ben Grubbs, Logan Mankins, Jake Scott, Chis Snee, Pete Kendall, Davin Joseph

Offensive Tackle - Jason Peters, Joe Thomas, Ryan Clady, Tony Ugoh, Michael Roos, Sam Baker, Jordan Gross, Jeff Otah, David Diehl

Center - Nick Mangold, Nick Hardwick, Ryan Kalil

Ben Grubbs, Logan Mankins, Chris Snee, Peter Kendall and Davin Joseph are not underrated. Grubbs, maybe.... but that's pushing it. If he is right now he won't be in the future. Logan is part of the Patriots line, who get enough exposure. Snee gets enough exposure on the Giants line. Kendall was a long-time Steeler, he's well known.

Peters was in the pro-bowl, right? Joe Thomas is maybe the best left tackle in football. Ryan Clady is an all-pro. Michael Roos is an all-pro. Jordan Gross just got paid a whopping amount of money and people realize he's one of the best at his position.

Mangold made the pro-bowl, right?

I don't view these guys as underrated. People know about them. People put them at or near the top of their positions.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #23
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Ben Grubbs, Logan Mankins, Chris Snee, Peter Kendall and Davin Joseph are not underrated. Grubbs, maybe.... but that's pushing it. If he is right now he won't be in the future. Logan is part of the Patriots line, who get enough exposure. Snee gets enough exposure on the Giants line. Kendall was a long-time Steeler, he's well known.

Peters was in the pro-bowl, right? Joe Thomas is maybe the best left tackle in football. Ryan Clady is an all-pro. Michael Roos is an all-pro. Jordan Gross just got paid a whopping amount of money and people realize he's one of the best at his position.

Mangold made the pro-bowl, right?

I don't view these guys as underrated. People know about them. People put them at or near the top of their positions.
I understand these guys are considered some of the best at their position for good reason. Most casual fans aren't familiar with these names (outside of their fan bases) whether you acknowledge it or not.

If you sampled a 100 NFL fans the majority wouldn't be able to tell you what team Ryan Clady played for.

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 03-05-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #24
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Correction:

Pete Kendall did not play for the Steelers, I was thinking of Faneca.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #25
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Correction:

Pete Kendall did not play for the Steelers, I was thinking of Faneca.
What are your thoughts about the rest of the list.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #26
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pete Kendell is a bum.

One guy on the Cardinals that is somewhat underrated compared to the attention his peers get is Gerald Hayes.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #27
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
TE Dustin Keller

After one year? I like his potential and have a feeling he'll be the #2 option this season if they don't go after a receiver in the draft and/or trade. Him, Cotchery and Stuckey make a nice little trifecta.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #28
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Keller is on the list already and is a future all-pro IMO.

Pete Kendall had a very good season last year.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #29
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have to agree with Carbine. Most casual fans aren't really familiar with any linemen, but that doesn't mean they're underrated. A lot of casual fans probably couldn't even name more than 1 lineman on the team they cheer for.

It's hard to say for a lot of the guys on your list since many of them get praise, and it's hard for me to call someone who's only played 1-3 years underrated already. Good calls on many of them, as well. I was sad to see Marcus Washington go as he was still pretty good when he was healthy.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #30
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

bumper stickers
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: