Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation
Default Can anyone rock the guitar harder than clapton???

i think NOT
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Can anyone rock the guitar harder than clapton???

Randy Rhoads, Jimi Hendrix, SRV. There's three, shall I continue?
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #3
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Oh Lord not another who's the better guitarist thread
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:52 AM   #4
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Hendrix is so overrated to me. I'm sorry.. no it's not a racial issue. If SRV can cover one of his songs and do it ten times better then him, he's outta the question. Jimmy Page, Morello, Frusciante, Malmsteen, John Mayer, Vai are all excellent... There are so many guitarists that are great. You can't even really say a who's number 1.. It's all on personal opinion. There's no contest.

Last edited by InLebronWeTrust : 03-06-2009 at 02:12 AM.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

F'ing love Clapton. I can't think of too many with a better sense of when to play what. His improvs are incredible.

And he's absolutely on another level in this video.

And as if someone just called Hendrix overrated and then mentioned Tom fucking Morello. I'm not touching that one with a fifty foot pole. You need to accept that you don't really know what you're talking about and end it at that.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 03-06-2009 at 12:55 AM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:54 AM   #6
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
Hendrix is so overrated to me. I'm sorry.. no it's not a racial issue. If SRV can cover one of his songs and do it ten times better then him, he's outta the question. Jimmy Page, Morello, Frusciante, Malmsteen, John Mayer... There are so many guitarists. You can't even really say a who's number 1.. It's all on personal opinion. There's no contest.
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:54 AM   #7
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
F'ing love Clapton. I can't think of too many with a better sense of when to play what. His improvs are incredible.

And he's absolutely on another level in this video.

The audacity of Sheryl Crow to even hold a guitar with Clapton on the stage. What a filthy whore.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #8
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

The argument for Jimi is that no else was attempting what he was doing at the time except for maybe Carlos Santana and I don't think Carlos is even worth mentioning. My argument for Jimi at least, is that lost potential that would've come from him throughout the years had he not died.

But I agree, the list is long and the list will be based on personal preference.

I mean you have guys like Iommi, Vai, Satriani, Van Halen, Petrucci, Beck, Blackmore and the list goes on and on.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #9
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Hendrix is so overrated to me. I'm sorry.. no it's not a racial issue. If SRV can cover one of his songs and do it ten times better then him, he's outta the question. Jimmy Page, Morello, Frusciante, Malmsteen, John Mayer... There are so many guitarists. You can't even really say a who's number 1.. It's all on personal opinion. There's no contest.
Ban.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #10
InLebronWeTrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks

Hmmm.. looks like you don't know much about him anyway. He's like top 25 on rolling stones greatest guitarists of all-time. Get past his gushy songs and listen to that blues ring out. Just see where people rank him in years to come. You don't know shyt.

Jimi Hendrix is overrated. I never said Morello was better then him, but I will still say Hendrix is overrated. I do know what I'm talking about actually so go chug some liquid plumr or something
Old 03-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #11
InLebronWeTrust

and tell me why Hendrix is such a God? Please.. let me hear it.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #12
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
The argument for Jimi is that no else was attempting what he was doing at the time except for maybe Carlos Santana and I don't think Carlos is even worth mentioning. My argument for Jimi at least, is that lost potential that would've come from him throughout the years had he not died.

But I agree, the list is long and the list will be based on personal preference.

I mean you have guys like Iommi, Vai, Satriani, Van Halen, Petrucci, Beck, Blackmore and the list goes on and on.
The argument is that everyone on that list that he mentioned aren't even close to the same guitar players without Hendrix. I mean, he picked guys that are devout Hendrix disciples (SRV, Mayer, Frusciante) and a guy who lists Hendrix alongside Paganini as some of his biggest influences?

What's next? Him mentioning Joe "Voodoo Child SR is the greatest piece of guitar work ever recorded" Satriani and then talking about Hendrix being overrated?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #13
Randy

Quote:
Hmmm.. looks like you don't know much about him anyway. He's like top 25 on rolling stones greatest guitarists of all-time. Get past his gushy songs and listen to that blues ring out. Just see where people rank him in years to come. You don't know shyt.

Jimi Hendrix is overrated. I never said Morello was better then him, but I will still say Hendrix is overrated. I do know what I'm talking about actually so go chug some liquid plumr or something

Old 03-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #14
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
wow, I dont know what to say. Go listen to who knows off of band of gypsies and then get back to me. most of those guys you listed are solid but not transcendent.

For someone who rocks harder than clapton, how about the guy who made layla scream?
<------
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #15
PistolPete
The Pistol

Quote:

No offense, but Rolling Stone is garbage. Their list is absolute hogwash.

They have Kurt Cobain, Keith Richards, and Jack White in their top 20 ahead of names like Buddy Guy, John Fogerty, Brian May, Eddie Van Halen (they have him 70th!), Randy Rhoads, Tony Iommi, and many more!

The fact that you referenced Rolling Stone as them being the best judge of who's better than whom gives you no credibility regarding the music industry. With the exception of your boy Morello (Mr. Creativity), Mayer and Black are absolute garbage.

Here's the link, see for yourselves: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...all_time/print
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: