Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 02-15-2009, 02:38 AM   #1
ndPac
Serious playground baller

ndPac is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Fire Steve Kerr

I don't get it. . Amare is pretty much the best young big man in the NBA, Steve Kerr/Porter ruin the team with trades that don't make sense, and players that don't fit together, ..so the result is to trade the 1 player that should be your future and your franchise?? ....stupid as can be.

I was just talking about this last week saying it makes no sense because they will get rid of Amare, then fire Porter at the end of the year (which looks like it may have already happened now) then Kerr will either "resign" or give up his position for something else by this time next year. Leaving the Suns with a bunch of garbage players (similar to a few years back when Stephon Marbury and Penny Hardaway were playing there), an old Steve Nash, a dinosaur Shaq riding pine, and Amare on another team probably putting up 27 and 10.

......So why doesn't the organization do the logical thing and get rid of Kerr since its bound to happen anyway!?!? (I like Kerr, but as a gm it's clear he is clueless and has caught himself up in a cluster**** that is beyond repair.)
ndPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fire Steve Kerr

I agree. Fire him, and I wouldnt really be mad if Kerr got fired too, he has been making some odd choices recently.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
Domingo84
I airball my layups

Domingo84 has decent reputation

I rather them fire Sarver! He's the one that's been trying to save money over the years! Cheap a$$ didnt want to resign JJ and look at him now! When they got rid of Thomas and our picks just for money too! If they wanted to save money, why they get Shaq for? 20 mill a year! and still has next year too! They had Marion's exp. contract this year and they blew it! I heard Sarver on the radio the other saying things about the economy and the team is not a big market! Why are they trading our best player that's marketable for a bunch of nobody's!
Domingo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool

At least they've FINALLY made a good move and fired Porter
Maybe now Gentry can move Shaq and get back to the run and gun
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
Lucid
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lucid has an OK reputation so far

There was never a need to tear apart this team in the first place, and I thought Amare would be a franchise player for us. Things have changed though. This is not even close to the team it was 2 years ago and it needs to be ripped apart, then rebuilt from the ground up IMO. Amare is still relatively young now, sure, but how young will he still be by the time this team gets a few other pieces in place and is in a position to be a serious contender for a title again? He has also had injury problems on and off the past few years.

IMO we should get what we can for him right now while his stock is still high. We could probably get multiple draft picks and a contributor for him.

It sucks, but Kerr has put this franchise into a hole and moves like this are a necessity if we want to climb out of it.
Lucid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: