Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #16
HAzE024
KRYPTONATE!

HAzE024 has decent reputationHAzE024 has decent reputation
Default Re: Top 5 indie songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendofthe718
Nice list there, arcade fire is another one of my favorites and about Jim Greco, I skate and he's one of my favorites to ever shred it, not the best out there but his madness made up for it. I don't think there are many others that skate or are into skating around here either.

Greco's the man but I'm more of a Dustin Dollin and Ali fan.

As for i seen hippos, I'm not a big fan of indie but it's a shitload better than funeral doom and gloom rock or what ever the dookie you listen to. By the way, don't even bring house into this. You just rolled for the first time in your life - you'll get over it in like a week.
HAzE024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #17
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAzE024

As for i seen hippos, I'm not a big fan of indie but it's a shitload better than funeral doom and gloom rock or what ever the dookie you listen to. By the way, don't even bring house into this. You just rolled for the first time in your life - you'll get over it in like a week.

Rolled what? Don't even know what that means...

What's gloom rock?

I won't bring house into this. It has been established that indie rock sucks. Full of pretentious 20 somethings that lack the ability to make memorable music.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #18
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
You can't top this...on drugs or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQnMH32tEy0

that track is sick.

anyway, as for indie music, the stuff i'm into is all from the '90s: pavement, sonic youth, some cat power, etc. etc. i haven't listened to any of it in a while, though.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #19
Legendofthe718
Danze Manatee

Legendofthe718 has decent reputation

[quote=i seen hippos]No. Good indie doesn't exist. If this was the underwear industry, indie would be Fruit of the Loom.

You assume I haven't listened to any.[/QUOTE
Oh and FYI, metal Is all but dead. Metallica sold out, came back, then proceeded to sell out again. House was cool in 1999 and only among crowds of grown men who still had bangs and wore leather pants.

Radiohead isn't indie.

Last edited by Legendofthe718 : 03-07-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Legendofthe718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #20
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Radiohead isn't indie.

Did you search wiki to figure that out?
Old 03-07-2009, 12:28 AM   #21
Legendofthe718
Danze Manatee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAzE024

Dustin is sick, I think erik Ellington is another nice skater and throw in the renegade mike vallely. I wish he would leave element and sign with a better team like emerica or even zoo York and get that magera stink of him.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #22
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

heres some i listened to today:

Lykke Li - Dance Dance Dance
Andrew Bird - Plasticities
Fleet Foxes - Blue Ridge Mountains
Band Of Horses - Ode To LRC
Appleseed Cast - South Facing Col
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:37 AM   #23
Legendofthe718
Danze Manatee

Quote:
Did you search wiki to figure that out?
That was sarcasm at your expense there. You're quite the witty one aren't you?

Though it seems wikipedia is where you supplement your knowledge on indie music from, explains why you're so oblivious on the subject matter.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:40 AM   #24
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
That was sarcasm at your expense there. You're quite the witty one aren't you?

I love posters like you. Can just play you again and again and again.

Like a yo-yo.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #25
Legendofthe718
Danze Manatee

Quote:
I love posters like you. Can just play you again and again and again.

Like a yo-yo.
Then you realize you don't know how to use a yo yo.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:02 AM   #26
Legendofthe718
Danze Manatee

There's no agreeing here and I'm not going to prolong this empty debate much longer. We both feel each others favored choice of music sucks, end of discussion.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:14 AM   #27
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

I agree with hippos. Indie is bad. If you wanna talk about trying too hard to be different, indie is spot on.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:21 AM   #28
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

were not talking about alternative right?
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:30 AM   #29
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
I agree with hippos. Indie is bad. If you wanna talk about trying too hard to be different, indie is spot on.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:44 AM   #30
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation

Quote:
Rolled what? Don't even know what that means...

What's gloom rock?

I won't bring house into this. It has been established that indie rock sucks. Full of pretentious 20 somethings that lack the ability to make memorable music.

Rolled = using ecstasy.

Yo man, I was rolling so hard last night, I listened to techno and waved glowsticks it was awesome.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: