Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 10-01-2006, 05:58 AM   #1
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Shaq guarantees another championship

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

"We have a formula and we're going to stick to that formula," O'Neal said. "A lot of guys are getting better, but I'm not impressed by what anybody else has done. I've seen it all before. We know what we have to do. We already know teams, when they come play us, they play extra hard. We'll be ready."
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:03 AM   #2
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

"We have a formula and we're going to stick to that formula," O'Neal said. "A lot of refs are getting better, but I'm not impressed by what anybody else has offered the refs. I've seen it all before. We know how much we have to pay them. We already know teams, when they come play us, they play extra hard. Refs will be ready."
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:10 AM   #3
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When you have won 4 titles and been to the finals 6 times with 3 teams you can make those kinds of comments I guess. Nothing there to stop them from possibly winning again. But I dont see them doing it if the Spurs get to the finals.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:11 AM   #4
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

"We have a formula and we're going to stick to that formula," O'Neal said."

Being in the garbage conference and let the refs bail you out in the finals is hardly a plan.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:33 AM   #5
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

I doubt the Heat will win it again unless Wade miraculously develops a deadly jumper over the offseason and goes berserk. Spurs, Dallas, Phoenix will beat them in the finals
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:36 AM   #6
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
I doubt the Heat will win it again unless Wade miraculously develops a deadly jumper over the offseason and goes berserk. Spurs, Dallas, Phoenix will beat them in the finals

That's what everyone said last year. Give the champions the respect.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:51 AM   #7
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

i dont know about yall but i like wade's jumper. he's got a nice midrange jumper and he shot 14/37 3pts in the playoffs. 38% that is.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:15 AM   #8
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
i dont know about yall but i like wade's jumper. he's got a nice midrange jumper and he shot 14/37 3pts in the playoffs. 38% that is.

if you saw Wade's J during the World championships i doubt you'd bear the same enthusiasm.

I find shaq's comments pretty outrageous at times. Whats he going to do? keep promising championships every year until he retires? Please. He's on the decline and its only a matter of time before teams realise they dont need to draw so much attention to him.

This year is the only year i think he may have any hope of getting a ring whilst being a major factor. If he gets any after that i would put it down to being in the right place at the right time. I mean it can happen, but he has just as good a chance as any other guy.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:25 AM   #9
Iskrah
I hit open layups

Iskrah has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
http://www.nba.com/hotzones/popup.html

Not really.
Iskrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:06 AM   #10
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
We have a formula and we're going to stick to that formula," O'Neal said. "A lot of refs are getting better, but I'm not impressed by what anybody else has offered the refs. I've seen it all before. We know how much we have to pay them. We already know teams, when they come play us, they play extra hard. Refs will be ready.

That sh!t was dumb. Nice try though...

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 10-01-2006 at 12:40 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #11
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Shaq is well within his rights to say this if he believes it. His team did win the championship last year... But I think the Spurs will be back at the top this year.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:05 AM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

hasn't anyone seen the Heat formula yet?

coast through the regular season, beat the teams you are supposed to beat, then have Shaq take weekends off and struggle a bit against elite teams (2-12 against the Top 5 other teams: Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Pistons,Nets) only to instill a false sense of confidence in other teams, and then take em out.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #13
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty

Same Kobe fanatics that said Shaq would never win another title, and especially with Wade. Now it's all because of the refs.

Disgusting.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #14
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Sidenote: Shaq is not playing any games...

Training camp notes: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...l/15652652.htm

Quote:
• Jason Williams' health: Coming off offseason knee surgery, Williams might not be ready for the season opener.

Shaquille O'Neal's body: The franchise center is coming into camp in much better shape than last year, when he eventually lost weight and finished with a fourth title.

• Dwyane Wade's stamina: Will a long 2005-06 season and a loaded summer catch up to the 24-year-old?

• The young guys: Dorell Wright, Wayne Simien and Earl Barron all are looking for regular minutes, and this is their chance to earn it.

• Point guard play: The Heat needs a third point guard, and several unsigned rookies have a shot at that spot.

This is a true testament to Riley's greatness. Shaq respects him so much he feels obligated to come into camp in shape(even after a championship)not work himself into shape over the season, like he's done prior.

Must really want that no.5 too...

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 10-01-2006 at 12:41 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #15
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Shaquille O'Neal's body: The franchise center is coming into camp in much better shape than last year, when he eventually lost weight and finished with a fourth title.

In other news:

Baron Davis looks to bounce back.

T-Mac's back feels great.

Bender looks to make a comeback.

Grant Hill's ankle is no longer bothering him.

Amare is in the best shape of his life.

Penny pondering comeback.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: