Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 10-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #16
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I Think They have a REALLY HIGH chance to repeat, But Shaq Needs to slow his role, Suns, Spurs and Mavs got better in the West, The East it's the Bulls, Detroit and Heat. Bulls are looking good right now but can they beat the heat i dont even know
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #17
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
In other news:

Baron Davis looks to bounce back.

T-Mac's back feels great.

Bender looks to make a comeback.

Grant Hill's ankle is no longer bothering him.

Amare is in the best shape of his life.

Penny pondering comeback.

Nice try, but none of those can actually be provided as facts, nor is this from Shaq's mouth or how he "personally feels". . This is from Riley's pre-camp report/talk to the media.

Shaq body % fat can actually be provided as actual substantial evidence.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #18
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Penny and Bender Tryin To Come Back ? pff.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #19
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Nice try, but none of those can actually be provided as facts, nor is this from Shaq's mouth or how he "personally feels". . This is from Riley's pre-camp report/talk to the media.

Shaq body % fat can actually be provided as actual substantial evidence.

I've herad this alot about Shaq, it's never true.

What is his body fat then?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #20
BFRESH44
College star

I don't know the specific percentage, that wasn't noted. But Shaq of-course in prior years has gained a reputation of coming into camp much moreso out of shape then he needs too, and uses the season to work himself back in it. Riley stated he's in much better shape coming IN (ala his first year down here) as opposed to last year where used his old method.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #21
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
I don't know the specific percentage, that wasn't noted. But Shaq of-course in prior years has gained a reputation of coming into camp much moreso out of shape then he needs too, and uses the season to work himself back in it. Riley stated he's in much better shape coming IN (ala his first year down here) as opposed to last year where used his old method.

And what is he supposed to say?

When was the last time any player or coach came into camp saying "I was pretty lazy this summer, I'm a little over weight and feel kinda slow. Really gonna have to pick it up throughout the season so I'm in shape by the playoffs."

It's Shaq, he's in his mid 30's, and he just won a championship. THere's no way he's in the best shape of his career or even the past 5 years.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #22
BFRESH44
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
And what is he supposed to say?

When was the last time any player or coach came into camp saying "I was pretty lazy this summer, I'm a little over weight and feel kinda slow. Really gonna have to pick it up throughout the season so I'm in shape by the playoffs."

It's Shaq, he's in his mid 30's, and he just won a championship. THere's no way he's in the best shape of his career or even the past 5 years.

You need to brush up your reading comprehension skills there sir.

Quote:
• Shaquille O'Neal's body: The franchise center is coming into camp in much better shape than last year, when he eventually lost weight and finished with a fourth title.

"Best shape of his career" was never in discussion. But the fact that he's mildly in shape after coming off a championship(where years prior he'd, come in horrible shape, then work into shape through the season) is a good thing.

And Riley does not lie in that regard. He said straight up the Shaq did not come into camp in the shape he wanted him in last year.

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 10-01-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:44 PM   #23
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Well I mean any year. Even last. You would have hoped he would have come in shape last year after losing the ECF.

I know he didn't say career, I'm saying there's no way he's in shape. Especially after winning it all. Coem on, it's Shaq, you're kidding yourself.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #24
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
hasn't anyone seen the Heat formula yet?

coast through the regular season, beat the teams you are supposed to beat, then have Shaq take weekends off and struggle a bit against elite teams (2-12 against the Top 5 other teams: Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Pistons,Nets) only to instill a false sense of confidence in other teams, and then take em out.

And the crap is only working, becaue they play in the East. 52 wins in the West and you start the first round on the road, and then IŽd like to see Miami take down Dallas, San Antonio and Phoenix in a row. It might be getting a bit too blantant, when the refs have to cheat every game every round. The Lakers are a stupid organisation. They should have known Shaq would be a beast in the East. The Lakers could have gotten a better deal out West and Shaq would have never won another Championship.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:39 PM   #25
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

They have a good shot at repeating. I don't see how this statement is shock worthy, or not possible. They have a strong chance. All depends on how long Shaq can go. I mean, you see what he did for that team when he made his return. Dramatically improved them. It all depends on how healthy Shaq is, and how motivated, and willing he is to compete. If he's ready, the Heat will be un-stoppable. If not, it will be a grind.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:47 PM   #26
chauzer
I brick open layups

chauzer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

"We have a formula and we're going to stick to that formula," O'Neal said. "A lot of guys are getting better, but I'm not impressed by what anybody else has done. I've seen it all before. We know what we have to do. We already know teams, when they come play us, they play extra hard. We'll be ready."
how is that guranteeing another championship? :confused:
chauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #27
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

what's so hard to believe?

they just won it all and they have everyone back. they didn't lose any key members to free agency or retirement. if anything, they might even be tougher because they got more chemistry and experience with each other. everyone on that team already knows his role. even freakin antoine walker's bought into the team concept. riley masterfully switched off all their egos.

and the heat have proven they can hang with anyone. they can play dirty half court ball or run and gun with any team. their only weakness is their age, and they might not all be healthy by the end of the season.

Last edited by DCL : 10-01-2006 at 06:14 PM.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #28
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

"We have a formula and we're going to stick to that formula," O'Neal said. "A lot of refs are getting better, but I'm not impressed by what anybody else has offered the refs. I've seen it all before. We know how much we have to pay them. We already know teams, when they come play us, they play extra hard. Refs will be ready."

That was a good one!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #29
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Unfortunately the heat get by on repuatation. They are a team for the casual fan not for us at ISH. (who aernt Heat fans)Their the team for the person who doesn't watch ball until the finals.

And with that said, and the help they get from the refs to ensure they win and regular joes tune in to boost advertisement money, I don't see them losing this year.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #30
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Shaq is a *****. I'm pretty sure that it's the same article where he said the first 3 rings was won by HIMSELF. Get the **** outta here.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: