Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here
Default Wow this is maddening

These Creationist teach that the science museum they work at is false. They just straight up brainwash these kids.

Creationist Lunacy Invades Science Museum.
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Wow this is maddening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanity
These Creationist teach that the science museum they work at is false. They just straight up brainwash these kids.

Creationist Lunacy Invades Science Museum.

What'z new d!ckwad? Catholic Church been oppresin' science for hundreds of years. People have retaliated and have utter contemptful opinions of Catholics in this day and age. Lay off, kid, you're only instigain' sh!t.

And don't uze the term "brainwashing" when it is essentially teaching, just as a terrorist is a freedom fighter, and stallwartness is stubborn. All a matter of perspectives and who's to say we haven't been fed lies growing up?
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
What'z new d!ckwad? Catholic Church been oppresin' science for hundreds of years. People have retaliated and have utter contemptful opinions of Catholics in this day and age. Lay off, kid, you're only instigain' sh!t.

And don't uze the term "brainwashing" when it is essentially teaching, just as a terrorist is a freedom fighter, and stallwartness is stubborn. All a matter of perspectives and who's to say we haven't been fed lies growing up?

I guess you haven't noticed but your opinion means nothing to me. You do everything simply for attention cause your such a sad individual. If you didn't have this site to act so "cool" on your life would be worthless. I'm not your kid either your attempt to be condescending to me is a failure. You might impress the idiots on this site with your stupid z's but it just proves how juvenile you really are. I now feel like a lesser person for wasting my time on such a worthless individual. Its been real
Old 03-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

link............
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
QuickTrigger
Banned

QuickTrigger has decent reputationQuickTrigger has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanity
I guess you haven't noticed but your opinion means nothing to me. You do everything simply for attention cause your such a sad individual. If you didn't have this site to act so "cool" on your life would be worthless. I'm not your kid either your attempt to be condescending to me is a failure. You might impress the idiots on this site with your stupid z's but it just proves how juvenile you really are. I now feel like a lesser person for wasting my time on such a worthless individual. Its been real
Don't listen to that turber.
QuickTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
Sanity
I know from experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
link............

Ok ok. I'll pm it to you in a few
Old 03-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that has been going on for ages. i just feel sad for the kids, going through life with a twisted sense of reality.

evolution is a fact. time for the government to put the debate to rest. how can your country move forward if 50% of its population don't even understand a basic scientific idea?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Sanity
I know from experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
that has been going on for ages. i just feel sad for the kids, going through life with a twisted sense of reality.

evolution is a fact. time for the government to put the debate to rest. how can your country move forward if 50% of its population don't even understand a basic scientific idea?

Thats what I'm saying. During the Bush era he put a gag order on park rangers at the Grand Canyon. They couldn't say the earth was 4 1/2 billion years old.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #9
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY

this sweeping statement is too much a generalization.

actually, the intellectual framework of the catholic church is one of the most hopeful means to go beyond the dualistic thinking that faith and science not only can coexist, but enhance one another

the following is probably too deep for most of the ish-ers that post here, but it can shed light on the topic at hand:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13598b.htm

n.b. the section on the dignity of science

dare anyone here actually educate themselves in the nuanced stances of the catholic church or will religious bigotry continue through ad hominem fallacies with priest molestation "jokes"
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #10
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

No it isn't. I hate creationists as much as the next guy, but evolution is still technically a theory.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet

actually, the intellectual framework of the catholic church is one of the most hopeful means to go beyond the dualistic thinking that faith and science not only can coexist, but enhance one another

the following is probably too deep for most of the ish-ers that post here, but it can shed light on the topic at hand:

dare anyone here actually educate themselves in the nuanced stances of the catholic church or will religious bigotry continue through ad hominem fallacies with priest molestation "jokes"

I was going to say "JM is an idiot", but this will do....
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #12
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
No it isn't. I hate creationists as much as the next guy, but evolution is still technically a theory.

no, like gravity, evolution is a fact. natural selection is a theory, it is the theory of evolution.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #13
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
no, like gravity, evolution is a fact. natural selection is a theory, it is the theory of evolution.

Provide proof.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #14
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet

The problem is 95% of religiious people out there aren't what you tend to speak for. Go out to just about any church, and you will find WAY more religious people who take the Bible literally, way more than figuratively. What you tend to say i never see from most religious people. Most do not believe science can coexist with religious preachings where they tend to deny stuff like evolution or big bang, even dinosaurs, and things along those lines. Isn't that the whole reason why religious people tried to make Creationism a course in schools as an alternative to scientific thinking?

I just know a lot of how you justify religion here isn't what/how most religious people i see/know tend to see it.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #15
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
The problem is 95% of religiious people out there aren't what you tend to speak for. Go out to just about any church, and you will find WAY more religious people who take the Bible literally, way more than figuratively. What you tend to say i never see from most religious people. Most do not believe science can coexist with religious preachings where they tend to deny stuff like evolution or big bang, even dinosaurs, and things along those lines. Isn't that the whole reason why religious people tried to make Creationism a course in schools as an alternative to scientific thinking?

I just know a lot of how you justify religion here isn't what/how most religious people i see/know tend to see it.

You're outlining evangelicals more than Catholics or the average protestant.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: