Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: TO is a buffalo bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudjjay
Lee Evans had over 1,000 rec yards last season.

Your point? Make one? Please? Pretty please?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #17
Spudjjay
Shining on em

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Your point? Make one? Please? Pretty please?

Trent Edwards is good enough to get Owens the ball. You can't get any worst than Drew Bledsoe.

What exactly was your point? Please tell me? please?
Spudjjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #18
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
1. what is lmaooooo?
2. Who is throwing TO the ball in Buffalo. Just sayin.

1. laughin my azz off off off off off

2. trent edwards is a decent QB
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #19
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Trent Edwards may become a decent QB but he played terribly last year. I forgot exactly what the stat was exactly but I think he had less than 3, 30 yard+ passes. That's really bad. TO will help.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #20
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

First off, Drew Bledsoe was a pretty damn solid quarterback. Maybe not so much with Dallas but he had a very solid career.

2ndly, i am a Bills fan. This is a very intriguing deal, and i like it a lot. It's only one year, so if/when he melts down we are not committed long term. But as people have stated he is best in the early stages of his stints with new teams, when he's proving himself. This might be his biggest test of his career, after being released by the team that nobody thought would do so. Edwards is a young guy, but he is a solid quarterback. Sure, he had some rough patches last year, but it was his first full season as a starter. Plus, all we had was Lee Evans and no big guys to throw to in the red zone. Almost no TE production, and all the other guys like Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed are very good slot guys, but not so much on the outside. With TO, Lee will not be doubled teamed very much, and the opposing team can't do all those drop back zones as much with a big target like TO across the middle. This offense can and will be dangerous with this addition, i just hope he behaves himself. So far, he seems like he's willing.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #21
Spudjjay
Shining on em

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
First off, Drew Bledsoe was a pretty damn solid quarterback. Maybe not so much with Dallas but he had a very solid career.

2ndly, i am a Bills fan. This is a very intriguing deal, and i like it a lot. It's only one year, so if/when he melts down we are not committed long term. But as people have stated he is best in the early stages of his stints with new teams, when he's proving himself. This might be his biggest test of his career, after being released by the team that nobody thought would do so. Edwards is a young guy, but he is a solid quarterback. Sure, he had some rough patches last year, but it was his first full season as a starter. Plus, all we had was Lee Evans and no big guys to throw to in the red zone. Almost no TE production, and all the other guys like Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed are very good slot guys, but not so much on the outside. With TO, Lee will not be doubled teamed very much, and the opposing team can't do all those drop back zones as much with a big target like TO across the middle. This offense can and will be dangerous with this addition, i just hope he behaves himself. So far, he seems like he's willing.

Let me rephrase it, you can't get any worse than the 06 Drew "cement boots" Bledsoe.
Spudjjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #22
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Let me rephrase it, you can't get any worse than 06 Drew "cement boots" Bledsoe.

ya i figured that's what you meant, he was just my favorite player so i got a lil defensive.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #23
Smokee
Banned

personally i think its easier for a bad or young QB to focus fire a big talented target than to have to make the right reads all the time. Garcia used to focus fire TO, even Bledsoe did Ben Coates back in the day, so i guess we'll see and Lee is a burner that will take attention away from TO.

I think Garcia is overrated as a passer btw. Bledsoe was a good passer tho.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #24
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
personally i think its easier for a bad or young QB to focus fire a big talented target than to have to make the right reads all the time. Garcia used to focus fire TO, even Bledsoe did Ben Coates back in the day, so i guess we'll see and Lee is a burner that will take attention away from TO.

I think Garcia is overrated as a passer btw. Bledsoe was a good passer tho.
As a passer fo sho but not as a leader. Plus he could do some stuff with his legs and would create a lot of plays. He's tough as nails too. He has a lot of the intangibles you want in a QB.

He put up sick, sick #'s in SF and although TO did play a big part he was still a big time QB.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #25
craigthomasb
College star

i would have loved to see t.o take a pay cut and go to the patriots, could you imagine randy moss, terrell owens and tom brady, that would have been a laugh
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Trent Edwards is good enough to get Owens the ball. You can't get any worst than Drew Bledsoe.

What exactly was your point? Please tell me? please?

Good enough to get Owens the ball? Lee Evans barely got over 1,000yds last season. His production vs his talent/ability dont measure up. Thats LAREGLY due to Trent Edwards. If Trent plays like he did last season what makes you think he gets T.Owens the ball any more than he did a stud in Evans last season? You listing Evans having 1000yds reciving like thats amazing or worth mentioning is f*cking hilarious. Your point is flat out shyt. I showed it and the funny part? Marlo has been trying to throw your ass CLUE cards you fail to pick up on. Do your homework kid.

You're lookin at this solely from on paper. I'm lookin at it from on the field. Smarten up kid.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:38 AM   #27
Local High School Star

Hmmm, this could work. Still need to fill a few gaps on the O-line though or Edwards wont have any time to get the ball to T.O
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:24 AM   #28
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

I wonder how much he has left in the tank? A lot of WR's have really sharp declines after the age of 36.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:41 AM   #29
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

I thought TO wants the ball? They dont throw the ball in Buffalo that was such a dumb move on his part.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #30
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

As a long-time, die hard Buccaneer fan, I can admit that JEFF GARCIA IS A HORRIBLE PLAYER, but you are right, he is a great leader. HOWEVER, I am extremely glad we didn't re-sign him and I'm much more comfortable with LUKE MCCOWN as our starting QB this coming season.

Garcia got happy feet way too often and only went through his first read. He NEVER threw the ball more than 10 yards and is below average accuracy.

There's a reason why Garcia is still lookin for work.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: