Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #31
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: TO is a buffalo bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
As a long-time, die hard Buccaneer fan, I can admit that JEFF GARCIA IS A HORRIBLE PLAYER, but you are right, he is a great leader. HOWEVER, I am extremely glad we didn't re-sign him and I'm much more comfortable with LUKE MCCOWN as our starting QB this coming season.

Garcia got happy feet way too often and only went through his first read. He NEVER threw the ball more than 10 yards and is below average accuracy.

There's a reason why Garcia is still lookin for work.
that and he's like 39 or something
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #32
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
As a long-time, die hard Buccaneer fan, I can admit that JEFF GARCIA IS A HORRIBLE PLAYER, but you are right, he is a great leader. HOWEVER, I am extremely glad we didn't re-sign him and I'm much more comfortable with LUKE MCCOWN as our starting QB this coming season.

Garcia got happy feet way too often and only went through his first read. He NEVER threw the ball more than 10 yards and is below average accuracy.

I agree completely. It bothered me to watch ESPN Gameday previews and Tom Jackson hyping Garcia like he's so great, and how all he does is win There were a lot of times in Buc's games where he was just awful, and even hesitating in throwing the ball where he'd just run out of bounds. I swear he'd single handedly lose them games based on how awful he played, but its like nobody ever factors that into Garcia's downsides. I didn't blame Gruden at all for benching him, and trying to look towards someone else. While Tom JAckson and Bermann would be like "why aren't you starting Garcia?"...

And thats not to take away from Garcia when he is on his game and does some amazing things. I just wouldn't want to have to rely on him game to game, more than as a backup, which he's perfectly suited for.

As for TO, i think he is getting a bad rap after seeing some Cowboys video clips of their players talking about how shocked they were, and only like Darren Woodson agreeing with the move. Barber, Hurd, and some others came out saying it wasn't TO's fault and that the media had exaggerated a lot of it, talking about how TO was a good leader, and wanted to end his career in Dallas. I think he is getting a lot of his past mistakes piled on the Cowboys failures this past season, and some of the stuff he did, which is kind of unfair. I do think the Bills could get a model citizen TO, which would make him a steal. We'll see i guess~
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Garcia is a system QB. I think the analysts love affair with him is on the basis that he doesnt have to win games with his arm. He just needs to manage them and make the right decisions given his limitations. Let the rushing attack be the offense and the defense beat up on the opposition. I dont wanna use Trent Dilfer to compare both QBs games. Moreso similarities as far as what you expect/want out of that position.

If you rely on Garcia to do more than he is capable of? Then you are hurting yourself. If you have an offense that can be successful without a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning? Then Garcia isnt that bad of a choice. If you need to buy some time developing a young QB? Then Garcia isnt that bad of a choice. He's no Kurt Warner. And I'm not saying I'd pass up on Brady/Manning to go with a cheaper QB with Garcia. But if there arent many options out there? He's not that bad of a choice.

He can however exceed his stay. And thats evident in TB. Garcia is a true backup for a situation when your Mcnabb goes down for a significant amount of time. Servicable starter just not for the long haul. Year or Two.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #34
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You guys are referring to the QB that played for Tampa and Philly. He had some GREAT years in SF where he was a legit top 5 at QB. He could make a lot of plays and did a lot of things well. He never had a super strong arm but it was stronger than. You don't put up 32/12, 31/10, if you are only a good system QB. Granted his talents are best suited in a WCO he could still play well elsewhere.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm talkin about now (TB fan was upset with Garcia, and another poster mentioned the love affair via nfl analysts). Not his earlier days.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #36
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'm talkin about now (TB fan was upset with Garcia, and another poster mentioned the love affair via nfl analysts). Not his earlier days.
Ok, now he should be a starter anywhere, I agree with everything said.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #37
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Bills could do some damage if they had a QB, and if they could keep their defensive players (thanks for Fletcher...).
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #38
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
The Bills could do some damage if they had a QB, and if they could keep their defensive players (thanks for Fletcher...).
fletcher = beast

HOF worthy IMO
Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18

What are you talkin about???? They DO have a QB. Stanford great Trent Edwards baby!

(mockin the stanford fanboys here)
Old 03-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #40
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

Quote:
What are you talkin about???? They DO have a QB. Stanford great Trent Edwards baby!

(mockin the stanford fanboys here)

That isnt mocking we love all of the smilies, keep it up goob.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:18 AM   #41
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

this post is retarded.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #42
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Garcia is a system QB. I think the analysts love affair with him is on the basis that he doesnt have to win games with his arm. He just needs to manage them and make the right decisions given his limitations. Let the rushing attack be the offense and the defense beat up on the opposition. I dont wanna use Trent Dilfer to compare both QBs games. Moreso similarities as far as what you expect/want out of that position.

If you rely on Garcia to do more than he is capable of? Then you are hurting yourself. If you have an offense that can be successful without a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning? Then Garcia isnt that bad of a choice. If you need to buy some time developing a young QB? Then Garcia isnt that bad of a choice. He's no Kurt Warner. And I'm not saying I'd pass up on Brady/Manning to go with a cheaper QB with Garcia. But if there arent many options out there? He's not that bad of a choice.

He can however exceed his stay. And thats evident in TB. Garcia is a true backup for a situation when your Mcnabb goes down for a significant amount of time. Servicable starter just not for the long haul. Year or Two.

Is this post stupid? I think so. Garcia is a system guy? What does that even mean? Can he throw it as hard as Roethlisberger? Pretty much. Is Gobb still bitter Garcia came into Philly and showed up McNaab? Definitely. If Garcia is a system, QB, what does that make McNaab? The most overrated player in the game? Yep.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:31 AM   #43
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TO didnt get cut b/c of his attitude or his drama.

he got cut b/c teams figured out this year that if you jam him at the line, he can't get off. Even average corners were able to shut hm down last year. Its only going to get worse. He can't get off the line anymore and he has lost a step. Watch him get jammed up and down all next year.

B/c of his decline it makes it impossible to justify all the crying he does. Complaining he didn't get the ball enough when he was thrown to more than anyone on the Cowboys is unacceptable when your skills have decreased to the point they have.

I was as big a TO defender on the side show stuff as you could have been last year but facts were he has lost a step and wasn't worth the extra media attention (fair or not) OR his fat price tag anymore.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:37 AM   #44
starface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
TO didnt get cut b/c of his attitude or his drama.

he got cut b/c teams figured out this year that if you jam him at the line, he can't get off. Even average corners were able to shut hm down last year. Its only going to get worse. He can't get off the line anymore and he has lost a step. Watch him get jammed up and down all next year.

B/c of his decline it makes it impossible to justify all the crying he does. Complaining he didn't get the ball enough when he was thrown to more than anyone on the Cowboys is unacceptable when your skills have decreased to the point they have.

I was as big a TO defender on the side show stuff as you could have been last year but facts were he has lost a step and wasn't worth the extra media attention (fair or not) OR his fat price tag anymore.

What? He had 10 TD's. Maybe getting jammed is a better way of slowing him down than not, but it has hardly rendered him ineffective.

The real reason they cut him was as a scapegoat for the team's failure, even tho he is one of the more productive players, it was easier to just blame TO rather than admit they didnt have a good enough team all around which really is the case. This takes the blame off the GM and coach and QB and players and makes everyone think TO's was causin huge problems and thats what held the team back. not really the case.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:12 AM   #45
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
What? He had 10 TD's. Maybe getting jammed is a better way of slowing him down than not, but it has hardly rendered him ineffective.

The real reason they cut him was as a scapegoat for the team's failure, even tho he is one of the more productive players, it was easier to just blame TO rather than admit they didnt have a good enough team all around which really is the case. This takes the blame off the GM and coach and QB and players and makes everyone think TO's was causin huge problems and thats what held the team back. not really the case.

no you are wrong. I am a TO fan BUT I watched EVERY Cows game the last 3 years when he was on the team. Many of them twice. TO CLEARLY has lost a step. Complete NOBODIES were stopping him with simple bump coverage. If you are the #1 guy you need to be able to power through that with a swim move. TO just cant do that anymore.

I dont have the stats right now but he was thrown to something like 130 times this year and only caught 69 of those balls. He was not getting to many of them b/c he either couldn't get open, dropped them or worse QUIT on the route. I can think of at least 3 INTS just off the top of my head that were b/c he slowed up on a route and at least 1 more that was b/c he tipped a ball he should have had. Sorry. You just can't have that.

his diminishing skills and absolute inability to be a smaller part of the offense without blowing up about it made it impossible to keep him.

If he was still the player he was a few years ago, Jerry wouldnt have cared about the other stuff. But b/c he isnt, that got his ass cut.

Last edited by kentatm : 03-10-2009 at 03:14 AM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: