Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far
Default what if we never traded kidd and jefferson

Kidd/Dooling
Carter/CDR(?)
Jefferson/Hayes
Boone/Williams
Lopez/Boone

basically im wondering how the Nets would be if Lopez was there to support the "big 3"
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: what if we never traded kidd and jefferson

The real question would be if Kidd is still durable enough by that time. Right now on the Mavs, age is finally catching up to him. He still has some spectacular nights (Hes on my fantasy team and Im really happy by his production this season) but hes having a lot of trouble guarding the young quick PG's in the league.

But if we had Lopez in 06-07, I think we have a good chance at beating the Cavs.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJames2010
Kidd/Dooling
Carter/CDR(?)
Jefferson/Hayes
Boone/Williams
Lopez/Boone

basically im wondering how the Nets would be if Lopez was there to support the "big 3"
lopez is of course the big piece that was missing during the time of the big three, but...

- your PF spot doesn't work- boone can only play there in spots and neither he nor williams are starter material.
- kidd/carter/RJ have too much redundancy in what they do, especially when RJ tries to be too much of a scorer and carter too much of a passer. the fact is that all three are very good players but an inefficient combination with or w/o a quality big man.
- if kidd had stayed then likely the record would have been different, meaning we probably wouldn't have been in position to draft lopez anyway.

btw, watching dallas this year, kidd looks better than ever to me. he might have slowed down a tiny bit, but as long as someone can check the pocket rockets his overall defense is outstanding and he is the heart and captain of that defense. last i checked he was #2 in the league in steals and had an unusually high number of blocked shots for a PG (.6 a game).
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

eh forgot to throw antoine wright in there some where. He looked pretty sharp when terry was out. I live in dallas so i watch the mavs play all the time. Kidd is def. a better fit for them than Harris. I like the trade for both teams.
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
The real question would be if Kidd is still durable enough by that time. Right now on the Mavs, age is finally catching up to him. He still has some spectacular nights (Hes on my fantasy team and Im really happy by his production this season) but hes having a lot of trouble guarding the young quick PG's in the league.

But if we had Lopez in 06-07, I think we have a good chance at beating the Cavs.

Imagine if RJ and Krstic had never been injured in 2006-2007. Kidd had a 13, 8 and 9 season while VC had a 25, 6 and 5 season. With Krstic and RJ healthy I bet that team wins around 50 games and gets to the Conference Finals.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
SLY
Brooklyn Lopez

SLY has an OK reputation so far

Never dwell on the past
Think to the Future

PG - Harris / Dooling
SG - VC / CDR
SF - Lebron / Simmons / Hayes
PF - Yi / SWAT
C - Lopez / Boone
SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Imagine if RJ and Krstic had never been injured in 2006-2007. Kidd had a 13, 8 and 9 season while VC had a 25, 6 and 5 season. With Krstic and RJ healthy I bet that team wins around 50 games and gets to the Conference Finals.
Yeah. If we stayed healthy in 07, I think we would have gotten really far.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJames2010
Kidd/Dooling
Carter/CDR(?)
Jefferson/Hayes
Boone/Williams
Lopez/Boone

Let's take it a step back even farther for fun...
What if we paid for K-Mart and survived the time he was off with injuries. We could not have been much worse looking back now. the line up would be:

KIDD
CDR
JEFFERSON
MARTIN
LOPEZ

We would still have three of the nucleus that took us to the finals. right now they would all be healthy and we would have a mix of young and old. Kinda interesting?......
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #9
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY
Never dwell on the past
Think to the Future

PG - Harris / Dooling
SG - VC / CDR
SF - Lebron / Simmons / Hayes
PF - Yi / SWAT
C - Lopez / Boone

Yeeaaahhh Boooeeeyy!
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

If Mourning and Kidd weren't injured in 2004, we could have beaten the Pistons, Pacers and Lakers to win that title...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: