Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far
Default The Game Against Utah

All of you in favour of tanking were probably really happy about to today's lose, but for the true fans like me, it was beyond upsetting. This team played so well for the first 3 quarters, very efficient on both ends of the floor. The fourth quarter comes, and thats it, everything just falls apart. Why the hell can't this team close out games? Bosh again, in the last 4 minutes, did not do much to help the outcome of this game.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Game Against Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
All of you in favour of tanking were probably really happy about to today's lose, but for the true fans like me, it was beyond upsetting. This team played so well for the first 3 quarters, very efficient on both ends of the floor. The fourth quarter comes, and thats it, everything just falls apart. Why the hell can't this team close out games? Bosh again, in the last 4 minutes, did not do much to help the outcome of this game.

Because the Raptors best player is lousy in the fourth quarter the rest of the team follows suite the writing is on the wall bosh needs to get traded he obviously doesn't believe he can be the go to guy down the stretch and that is it!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
Because the Raptors best player is lousy in the fourth quarter the rest of the team follows suite the writing is on the wall bosh needs to get traded he obviously doesn't believe he can be the go to guy down the stretch and that is it!

Pretty Bold statement, I don't know if I fully agree with that, but he has been extremely lousy in this season down the stretch.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

All Bosh needs is a wing player who can attack the rim and get to the line at the end of games.

Our end of game plans are: Give it to Bosh and hope he gets a good look.. if he's doubled.. kick it out to a jump shooter.

If we had a wing player capable of taking over a game it would also open up Bosh for some easier looks down low.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
All Bosh needs is a wing player who can attack the rim and get to the line at the end of games.

Our end of game plans are: Give it to Bosh and hope he gets a good look.. if he's doubled.. kick it out to a jump shooter.

If we had a wing player capable of taking over a game it would also open up Bosh for some easier looks down low.

Thats what how I've been looking at it too. But he just disappeared today, couldn't make a shot, and stopped driving. I hope all he needs is a wing..
Old 03-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

The whole team gets us to the last few minutes but we look only to Bosh to close it out. Bosh struggles because of the double and triple teams he commands and he's loosing confidence.

I like Triano but somebody has to see that we can't rely on Bosh to close out all our games, the effects of failing regularly are detrimental to keeping him.

Bargnani sat to long in the fourth quarter (came in around the 8 minute mark) and when he came into the game you saw him stretching a lot trying to warm up. He was cold and only got two touches as a result until the last few seconds when he got and failed at his third attempt. Bad game management is what is costing us these games. Bargnani has been scoring regularly and in bunches, to have him sit that long and then send him in and not use him is pure folly.

Bargnani can open space up for Bosh, and vice versa. If we continue to use one or the other as opposed to the terrific tandem we have the results will be the same.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #7
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
The whole team gets us to the last few minutes but we look only to Bosh to close it out. Bosh struggles because of the double and triple teams he commands and he's loosing confidence.

I like Triano but somebody has to see that we can't rely on Bosh to close out all our games, the effects of failing regularly are detrimental to keeping him.

Bargnani sat to long in the fourth quarter (came in around the 8 minute mark) and when he came into the game you saw him stretching a lot trying to warm up. He was cold and only got two touches as a result until the last few seconds when he got and failed at his third attempt. Bad game management is what is costing us these games. Bargnani has been scoring regularly and in bunches, to have him sit that long and then send him in and not use him is pure folly.

Bargnani can open space up for Bosh, and vice versa. If we continue to use one or the other as opposed to the terrific tandem we have the results will be the same.

He was in foul trouble the whole game. They couldn't put him in sooner than that so it really wasn't Triano's fault.

I had to go do some stuff so I missed the 2nd and 3rd quarters and came back for the fourth. I was pleasantly surprised that the Raptors were winning against a pretty decent Jazz squad. Then ever since I started watching they went like 4/18 in the 4th quarter and lost control of the game badly. Am I really that bad of luck? I should just stop watching.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:37 AM   #8
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain

I wish this was our game plan, it would be a huge improvement over the actual one.
The real game plan is "Give it to Bosh and hope he gets a good look... if he's doubled.. he'll shoot anyway, and sure as hell he'll miss it".
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #9
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Raps4Life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
He was in foul trouble the whole game. They couldn't put him in sooner than that so it really wasn't Triano's fault.

I had to go do some stuff so I missed the 2nd and 3rd quarters and came back for the fourth. I was pleasantly surprised that the Raptors were winning against a pretty decent Jazz squad. Then ever since I started watching they went like 4/18 in the 4th quarter and lost control of the game badly. Am I really that bad of luck? I should just stop watching.

lol, I only caught the fourth quarter and thought the same thing, that I was the bad luck, now I'm happy to blame you instead.
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
sipitri
Chuckwagoner

sipitri has decent reputationsipitri has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball

During the last minutes everyone was giving ball to Bosh hoping to get a foul or something and after the Parker's stupid turnover + foul on Kirilenko all went wrong.
sipitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #11
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Its like they expect to lose even if they are up by 8 in the 4th quarter.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #12
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps4Life
lol, I only caught the fourth quarter and thought the same thing, that I was the bad luck, now I'm happy to blame you instead.

bahaha I guess I'll take the responsibility for the loss
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #13
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Trade Toni for a lottery pick.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #14
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
I wish this was our game plan, it would be a huge improvement over the actual one.
The real game plan is "Give it to Bosh and hope he gets a good look... if he's doubled.. he'll shoot anyway, and sure as hell he'll miss it".

I couldn't have put it better myself. The backup plan to that of course is for Bosh to size his man up at the top of the key and then dribble the ball off of his foot and out of bounds. That fade away jump shot he took over the double team in the final few seconds had me ripping my hair out. Trade this chump as soon as the season is over! And for the love of all things Holy can we get a coach who knows what he's doing? Even a d-league coach could see after the 15th or so time that Bosh has failed us down the stretch that he is NOT the one who should take the last shot.

On the plus side, this game brings us one step closer to Harden
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #15
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
I couldn't have put it better myself. The backup plan to that of course is for Bosh to size his man up at the top of the key and then dribble the ball off of his foot and out of bounds. That fade away jump shot he took over the double team in the final few seconds had me ripping my hair out. Trade this chump as soon as the season is over! And for the love of all things Holy can we get a coach who knows what he's doing? Even a d-league coach could see after the 15th or so time that Bosh has failed us down the stretch that he is NOT the one who should take the last shot.

On the plus side, this game brings us one step closer to Harden

Bosh isn't a franchise player but he's probably going to be the closest we'll have for a while. Probably not the best idea to trade him in the off season for unequal talent and/or bad contracts. No team is going to give us much young talent or enough picks for him anyhow. Even the draft doesn't look very promising. I mean there's Harden to solve our wing problems but what's his ceiling really? This is all assuming that we get super lucky and even land him in the first place. We have no forseeable means of trading with another team to improve our draft position.

Here's the million dollar question. If the Raptors for some impossible chance DO get the first pick of the draft who would you guys want them to take? There has always been the endless discussion of picking talent versus picking need. Would you guys want the best player in the draft class in Mr. Blake Griffen who happens to (again like Bargnani and O'Neal) play the same position as Bosh or take Harden to solve our wing problems? Keeping in mind that acquiring Griffen could net us a good trade packaged with some of our bad contracts for an allstar calibre wing player. (Vince Carter anyone? I kid I kid.)
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: