Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #46
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Default Re: The Game Against Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
The team is great on paper. Is it just a terrible mix of chemistry? What's the REAL problem with this team?

The real Problem is defence!

And it starts with Jose & Ends with Bosh!

Where is the 1 plus steals from Jose which he is completly capable of?

and where are the 1 plus blocks and steals from bosh which he is capable of?

The rest of our problem is our bench they have absolutly no defensive stats!

This team gets only 6.15 Steals per game 2nd last in the NBA!

The bench has to provide more of a defensive mind set for the lack of defence in the starting line up and it just isn't happening!

& why does it feel like Pops has provided more hustle than anyone ever has this whole year in only 2 games?

Last edited by HalphbreedBaller : 03-10-2009 at 05:59 PM.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #47
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
The real Problem is defence!

And it starts with Jose & Ends with Bosh!

Where is the 1 plus steals from Jose which he is completly capable of?

and where are the 1 plus blocks and steals from bosh which he is capable of?

The rest of our problem is our bench they have absolutly no defensive stats!

This team gets only 6.15 Steals per game 2nd last in the NBA!

The bench has to provide more of a defensive mind set for the lack of defence in the starting line up and it just isn't happening!

& why does it feel like Pops has provided more hustle than anyone ever has this whole year in only 2 games?

What's your solution to our defensive woes then? I thought Marion was a step in the right direction but it clearly hasn't helped our cause.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #48
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
What's your solution to our defensive woes then? I thought Marion was a step in the right direction but it clearly hasn't helped our cause.

My guess is that if a team's wing is the best defender/rebounder on the floor by far then that team has issues. We need tough defender in the paint who won't be as injured as JO was and will not demand the offensive touches that he did either. You probably have to trade Bosh or Bargnani to get him but so be it. Don't get me wrong, I do think that Marion is still a step in the right direction.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #49
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
My guess is that if a team's wing is the best defender/rebounder on the floor by far then that team has issues. We need tough defender in the paint who won't be as injured as JO was and will not demand the offensive touches that he did either. You probably have to trade Bosh or Bargnani to get him but so be it. Don't get me wrong, I do think that Marion is still a step in the right direction.

As do I agree with your comments about the Matrix.

What your saying is that a move has to be made with Bosh or AB maybe this off season because of the lack of combined defence we get from them?

Thats the thing about these two players they should balance each other out on paper Bargs can score plus get the blocks and Bosh can score and get the rebounds but who will get the steals & deflections & 50/50 balls between them? That is something you rarely see from those two.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #50
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
As do I agree with your comments about the Matrix.

What your saying is that a move has to be made with Bosh or AB maybe this off season because of the lack of combined defence we get from them?

Thats the thing about these two players they should balance each other out on paper Bargs can score plus get the blocks and Bosh can score and get the rebounds but who will get the steals & deflections & 50/50 balls between them? That is something you rarely see from those two.

That's why we got Pops!
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #51
b4ball
Local High School Star

The problem, as I see it is defense, like everybody else have already aknowledged. And the problem starts with Parker, Jose and Bosh. No hard fouls amongst any of them.

I get so sick of watching Parker with his excuse me fouls it drives me crazy. He's always trying to win the MR. congeniality contest. Never does he foul anybody with any kind of intent. Bosh is the same, excuse me as I try and prevent you from entering the paint by lightly slaping your wrist, and in case you go down to the floor I'll ask one our cheerleaders to try and break your fall. Fudge that drives me crazy.

That weak ass defense is what keeps opposing teams driving in the paint or using that inside out game that opens the three. Until we find that one person who will make somebody pay for coming into our house they will keep coming.

We will not move Bosh, I think Bargs has an edge but I wish he would display it more but we need him in the game. Two quick fouls on him and we all see what happens. Parker and Jose, along with Bosh is why we get torched. The fourth quarter starts and not one the opposing teams players have yet to hit the floor hard.

I have played the game, it's been a few years now but I know that it's a little harder to play when your sore and the opposition are bruisers. Kinda takes the will to go in the paint away, especially after three quarters.

Thus the value of a CHARLES OAKLEY.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #52
bada bing
College star

We have a collection of European players and players that played in Europe. We will be soft. We wont drive. We will stay at the perimeter and make our shots. The shots will help us win but when they aren't falling, we will have horrible defeats. This is how this team is designed. Bosh does drive and is perhaps one of the best in the league for his position, but lately he has just decided to **** it and take his shots.

Him being the only guy on a losing team to actually drive when it counts, it takes a toll both mentally and physically.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: