Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2006, 05:39 PM   #31
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Woah.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #32
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

My boy? I think I mentioned him as a joke when people were stroking their poles over Bush rushing for 49 yards. Our RB is on the shelf right now, if he's done for good maybe we can draft a real runner, Adrian Peterson.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #33
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

His rushing stats aren't that bad.

He hardly gets any carries at this point. Can't give a guy 10-15 carries and expect him to get in a groove and pump out a 4.5 YPC.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
My boy? I think I mentioned him as a joke when people were stroking their poles over Bush rushing for 49 yards. Our RB is on the shelf right now, if he's done for good maybe we can draft a real runner, Adrian Peterson.

Why draft a RB? You guys got them already.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #35
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Why draft a RB? You guys got them already.

You realize I don't have the inside information on Domanick Davis's injury at the moment, don't you? If he's not showing positive recovery by the draft, going in that direction would not be a bad idea.

Quote:
He hardly gets any carries at this point. Can't give a guy 10-15 carries and expect him to get in a groove and pump out a 4.5 YPC.

Agreed, but I also can't assume he will have good rushing stats given the carries, personally I don't see it.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #36
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

miles is confusing the first 4 games of the season with the next 10 years. as if Reggie Bush will strictly not improve at all from this point on. yea right. "skill player?" RBs and QBs can be franchise cornerstones... with very, very few exceptions, that's it. you're not going to turn your franchise around with a defensive end most likely. but a Reggie Bush or Vince Young, possibly. and when you're the Texans and you pretty much suck at everything you take the best player available, especially when the best player available could be the best player ever.. this isn't Marvin Williams vs. Chris Paul kind of thing. This is Lebron vs. like... Josh Howard.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #37
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

"Reggie Bush? Puuuhlease. He's got nothing on me. I am Eric Dickerson, he's Brian Westbrook. You a genius? No worries, it doesn't take one to figure out who the best RB is. While he's running around and getting his precious all-purpose yards, I'll be running at, around and dissipate defenders trying to bring me down."
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:55 PM   #38
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
This is Lebron vs. like... Josh Howard.

More like LeBron vs. Eddie Griffin.(minus the insanity) Williams didn't really do anything at NC State. He was drafted totally on potential.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:55 PM   #39
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love the Texan homers who's only argument for Mario is to trash Reggie even though he's done pretty good all ready returning kicks, punts, receiving, and rushing, whereas Mario only has, up until today, 8 tackles in 3 games!

Ernie Sims already has a 9 and 10 tackle game. I still can't get over what an awful pick that was.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brian Westbrook? :confused:
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #41
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Brian Westbrook is a damn good RB, this eras Marshall Faulk.

Nothing to be ashamed about. Reggie gonna pound it and get the tough yards? Nope.

He will get big gains on the outside & take a swing pass and turn that into a good/great gain, very much Brian Westbrook-like.

I'm not saying Reggie will only be as good as Westbrook, but he reminds me the most of Brian. He's a more explosive Brian Westbrook.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:06 PM   #42
SCY
Put yr guns up

Mario may be a bust, but his stats through Week 4 aren't going to convince me it's been decided. Like I said earlier, it's not fair to either to judge them by the stats so far, as you're so willing to do for Bush.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #43
KB24
Kids at the park dunk on me

KB24 has an OK reputation so far

Yea who needs Bush when you have Dominick 'One Leg' Davis. Dont just look at Bushs rushing stats, the guys a triple threat. He does special team and receives just as much as he rushes. And just by being on the field, he changes the other teams defense. Who knows, both of them might become studs or busts, but you do not pass on Jordan to draft Hakeem.
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #44
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

No, his stats so far are just gravy for my argument.

It's his craptastic college career that makes me think he sucks. Got all his sacks against total junk teams.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #45
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

Quote:
Who knows, both of them might become studs or busts, but you do not pass on Jordan to draft Hakeem.

Depends on team needs.

If I have a weak front-court but have an all-star wing, I'm taking Dream without thinking twice.

Vice versa situation? It's not as easy. Two great big men would be an awesome situation. I'd probably go with Jordan, but it wouldn't be as easy as the frist choice in the first situation.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: