Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default KBR, the US contractor in Iraq (and Afghanistan) pays no taxes and is being sued

So, watching Maddow, I just heard ex-KBR electrician Debbie Crawford allege that they have been guilty of shoddy workmanship, the majority of their work being done by third-country national workers, not American certified electricians. Her own foreman was not an electrician and she specifically cites his lack of care for safety issues. People have been electro-shocked and by defense KBR has said that their contract does not cover safety, or some such insanity (not saying it isn't true, just that that's insane). And there are other whistle-blowers collaborating with her story. Basically, they got a no-bid contract to do ****ty work and avoided taxes with a shelter in the Caiman (sp?) Islands.

Paging Hawker: Your favorite company is a piece of ****.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: KBR, the US contractor in Iraq (and Afghanistan) pays no taxes and is being sued

watch the movie "outfoxed"

you will be amazed what the MIC is getting away with over there.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: KBR, the US contractor in Iraq (and Afghanistan) pays no taxes and is being sued

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
watch the movie "outfoxed"

you will be amazed what the MIC is getting away with over there.
I think my reaction will be disgust, but not amazement. I'll try and hunt that movie down, even though my reaction to such movies is normally to just get pissed off.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #4
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I think my reaction will be disgust, but not amazement. I'll try and hunt that movie down, even though my reaction to such movies is normally to just get pissed off.

Ill try to find it in my archives and upload it in this thread.

edit. It actually isnt "outfoxed"

its called "Iraq for Sale: The War Profiteers"

:P its been a while. im uploading it now.

Last edited by wTFaMonkey : 03-09-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"Outfoxed" stream
and "Iraq For Sale"
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

http://documen.tv/asset/011Irak_for_sale.html

^^^^^^^^^^^stream

awesome doucumentary
Old 03-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

KBR is my favorite company? Uh, no. They are a great company in terms of the service they provide but obviously this isnt right.

Halliburton is my favorite company which KBR is not a part of.

And once again, dont blame KBR. Blame the people who gave them the contract.

But you have to remember that there may not be enough "American certified electricians" for the work that is required and may be easier to use third-country workers. Not saying it's right but they should obviously give them the proper training. Let's see if KBR has anything to say about this (and not an ex-KBR employee who may have left on bad terms).

And KBR is just taking advantage of the laws put in place to avoid paying taxes. Not their fault. I'd do it too. Once again, the blame should be put elsewhere.

Last edited by Hawker : 03-09-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:12 AM   #8
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
So, watching Maddow,

which one are you?
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:16 AM   #9
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
KBR is my favorite company? Uh, no. They are a great company in terms of the service they provide but obviously this isnt right.

But you have to remember that there may not be enough "American certified electricians" for the work that is required and may be easier to use third-country workers. Not saying it's right but they should obviously give them the proper training. Let's see if KBR has anything to say about this (and not an ex-KBR employee who may have left on bad terms).

And KBR is just taking advantage of the laws put in place to avoid paying taxes. Not their fault. I'd do it too. Once again, the blame should be put elsewhere.
13 people have been electrocuted...but KBR is "just taking advantage of the laws." That's garbage, just like your insistence that Halliburton isn't to blame for the actions of their former subsidiary is a joke. They broke off in 2007. And when did Halliburton get the deal to rebuild? Please. And KBR couldn't find electricians? 30% of the International Electric Workers union is unemployed. Your continued defense of these people is senseless. But for the record, while unlike you, I do blame KBR, I do also have plenty of blame for ex-Halliburton CEO Dick Cheney and the rest of the bastards in the Bush admin that gave out this insane no-bid contract so that these already-rich bastards could get even richer at the expense of the rest of the country and give Iraq shoddy services in return, all while paying no taxes.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:17 AM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface

which one are you?
The one you haven't been ****ing.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #11
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
13 people have been electrocuted...but KBR is "just taking advantage of the laws." That's garbage, just like your insistence that Halliburton isn't to blame for the actions of their former subsidiary is a joke. They broke off in 2007. And when did Halliburton get the deal to rebuild? Please. And KBR couldn't find electricians? 30% of the International Electric Workers union is unemployed. Your continued defense of these people is senseless. But for the record, while unlike you, I do blame KBR, I do also have plenty of blame for ex-Halliburton CEO Dick Cheney and the rest of the bastards in the Bush admin that gave out this insane no-bid contract so that these already-rich bastards could get even richer at the expense of the rest of the country and give Iraq shoddy services in return, all while paying no taxes.

Hey idiot, I was referring to the taxes part of the article and not being eletrocuted. Gawd you're a dumbfuck. I was referring to tax laws. Your reading comprehension is fucking bad.

And I'm retarded because I want to hear both sides of the story before I make a legit opinion. I wasnt even defending this. I was being skeptical.

And once again, you dont have a good sense of knowledge of how Halliburton works You're better off not making any opinions on it anymore.

KBR didnt make us go to war. Bush and Cheney did. You're still missing the point. Very sad.

How dare I use logic!

Last edited by Hawker : 03-10-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #12
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Im pretty sure KBR has responded to this if you really want to look it up hawker.

you certainly dont like to hold anyone accountable for anything huh? while the OP isnt clear, a US corporation using offshore holding accounts to avoid paying taxes isnt the law. sure, lots of companies do it, but its not part of US tax law for US based corporations to place profits in offshore accounts and not declare it.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #13
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

This is really indefensible..... I remember reading how an unusually large amount of people were getting electrocuted (soldiers) while taking a shower and other normal activities....

they get a no bid contract and do a sh*tty job.....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #14
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
This is really indefensible..... I remember reading how an unusually large amount of people were getting electrocuted (soldiers) while taking a shower and other normal activities....

they get a no bid contract and do a sh*tty job.....
I remember those reports as well. a year or more ago as i recall.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #15
kps
Decent playground baller

kps has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Halliburton is my favorite company

It would be you tool
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: