Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #16
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: IMHO............the top 5 ballparks in baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ballahollic
IMO Dodger Stadium is the best ballpark..
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #17
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wriggly Field FTW.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #18
adam_morrison
Landry is a true balla

adam_morrison has an OK reputation so far

I have been to most of the current ballparks and I would say the absolute best park is Wrigley Field

top 3 classics
1. Wrigley
2. Fenway
3. Yankee

top 3 newer parks
1. Pac Bell
2. PNC
3. Petco/Camden Yards

the worst park is where the A's play, the oakland coliseum
the most underrated park is Safeco

The park that I want to visit is Citizens Bank
adam_morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #19
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakitoEspanoza

NO HOMER

Best part about Arlington is obviously right field.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #20
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

I wouldn't list at&t in my top b/c I used to watch games at the old 'stick. The chain link of fence, brutal winds, and cold temps all added to the charm of the park.
Safeco is the prettiest new park I've been to. But, the only stadium I'd plan a trip around to watch a game would be Camden Yards since I've never been.

Worst parks: Shea and any one of Riverfront/Three Rivers/Veterans.

edit: worst parks I've been to for a baseball game*

Last edited by intrinsic : 03-09-2009 at 06:14 PM.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Agreed with pnc, just sucks the fans cant see a winner in a beautiful ballpark.

Fenway is up there for nostalgia sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianballer
pnc HOMER ALERT

Where fail happens.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #22
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I live in Pittsburgh and it is an absolutely beautiful park. I would have it as the best in baseball also. The best part of the game is when you first sit down in your seat and just admire the beauty of the field and the park. But then the game starts and it all down hill from there.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #23
adam_morrison
Landry is a true balla

adam_morrison has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ballahollic
IMO Dodger Stadium is the best ballpark..

Dodger stadium one of the worst. Its a great looking park and historic but it actually sucks. There is only a couple of ways up to park so it gets backed up like crazy, this is why fans don't arive till the 3rd inning and they leave in the 7th to beat the traffic.
The biggest problem with the park is that you can't walk around and enjoy all of the different areas of it. When I went I got an upper deck ticket and arrived 2hrs early to watch batting practice and walk around to all areas of the park. When I tried to go to the bleachers and walk around the lower areas the ushers didnt let me because my ticket was for the upper deck. Every other park that I have been to lets you walk around the stadium and take in all that it has to offer except Dodger Stadium, so I have only been around the upper deck.
adam_morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My 2nd favorite that I have been too is probably Wrigley. The stadium has such a great atmosphere.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #25
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_morrison
Dodger stadium one of the worst. Its a great looking park and historic but it actually sucks. There is only a couple of ways up to park so it gets backed up like crazy, this is why fans don't arive till the 3rd inning and they leave in the 7th to beat the traffic.
The biggest problem with the park is that you can't walk around and enjoy all of the different areas of it. When I went I got an upper deck ticket and arrived 2hrs early to watch batting practice and walk around to all areas of the park. When I tried to go to the bleachers and walk around the lower areas the ushers didnt let me because my ticket was for the upper deck. Every other park that I have been to lets you walk around the stadium and take in all that it has to offer except Dodger Stadium, so I have only been around the upper deck.

I went about 9 years ago, and I experienced the same thing, with them making you stay in your seating section and what not. I think that has something to with the fact that it's built into a ravine. It doesn't have ramps like most stadiums do. It has the the escalators along the side. It would probably be too much work for their ticket people to have to check/recheck tickets for everyone who went from section to section walking around.

I just waited until after the game. I walked around the whole stadium then. The view from the 5th deck is breathtaking.

I found out the hard way that one really cannot walk to Dodger Stadium. The bus dropped me off at the bottom there at Elysian Pkwy. and it was a steep climb up a huge hill, and then there was the issue of going by foot through a five tiered, 16,000 space parking lot.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #26
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
I wouldn't list at&t in my top b/c I used to watch games at the old 'stick. The chain link of fence, brutal winds, and cold temps all added to the charm of the park.
Safeco is the prettiest new park I've been to. But, the only stadium I'd plan a trip around to watch a game would be Camden Yards since I've never been.

Worst parks: Shea and any one of Riverfront/Three Rivers/Veterans.

edit: worst parks I've been to for a baseball game*

The 'Stick was great, the bleachers in left and center field, the opposing teams clubhouse was down the right field line. The right field seats that were family section where there was no beer or swearing.

I have to agree that Shea and Veterans were both very bad stadiums. The worst current park is Oakland, you are so far from the action you need binoculars if you are in the 15th row.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #27
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:53 AM   #28
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

sick park ^^ those were the days MARCUS GILES!! Raffy Furcal/Javy Lopez/Chipper/Andruw **** with Sheff for 1 yr
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:10 AM   #29
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
sick park ^^ those were the days MARCUS GILES!! Raffy Furcal/Javy Lopez/Chipper/Andruw **** with Sheff for 1 yr

Downtown Atlanta is very nice too.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:45 AM   #30
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I went about 9 years ago, and I experienced the same thing, with them making you stay in your seating section and what not. I think that has something to with the fact that it's built into a ravine. It doesn't have ramps like most stadiums do. It has the the escalators along the side. It would probably be too much work for their ticket people to have to check/recheck tickets for everyone who went from section to section walking around.

I just waited until after the game. I walked around the whole stadium then. The view from the 5th deck is breathtaking.

I found out the hard way that one really cannot walk to Dodger Stadium. The bus dropped me off at the bottom there at Elysian Pkwy. and it was a steep climb up a huge hill, and then there was the issue of going by foot through a five tiered, 16,000 space parking lot.

LOL I live up the hill on Scott Ave. so I always walk to every game. Why pay 10 bucks for parking when I live 2 min away?
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: