Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation
Default jerry west could come back to LA

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2609333

according to the source some guy just bought 70% of the grizzlies and he said he wanted to get rid or jerry west !!

can we get him to come back to LA ??
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #2
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

This is something I've been waiting for!! I hope there is a chance to get West back. Good find it made my day!! One of the reason why West left was Shaq, but the other is Phil but if Phil can get along with Kobe maybe now can look eye to eye with West.
It would be aw-some Laker's would have the best GM the best Coach and the best Player and It might be a close one but also one of the best Owners.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation
Angry they better......

phil better get along with west if he comes back, i wont accept another break up because proffesional people cant stand each other, they get paid milions they better stand each other !!
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

At this stage of West's life, I would doubt he would come back to the Lakers. He does not care for Phil Jackson so unless Phil is gone, no way in heck. I believe he's ready to retire finally.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess there is a reason phil has only 2 years left.

You got people retiring and then coming back from retirement.

I see west back with LA after phil is gone...along with pat riley as head coach too. (although i cant forgive riley for saying he would trade away all his ships for the previous one)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #6
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I guess there is a reason phil has only 2 years left.

You got people retiring and then coming back from retirement.

I see west back with LA after phil is gone...along with pat riley as head coach too. (although i cant forgive riley for saying he would trade away all his ships for the previous one)

Pat Riley would be cool but I got a feeling Coach K. Will change his mind and take the Job by then. My brother was telling me he thinks Phil might end up as GM when he is done coaching. But I dought that he is only good for inside information for Kings stuff.
Because he is a Lawyer and works with people that Works for the Maloof. He told me Webber was going to be traded before it happen. And Peja I was pissed when he said they were going for Artest, he hasn't been wrong but I asked him if it was true that they were going to sign Tayler and he didn't hear anything about that. But said he will ask.
But I wouldn't mine firing Mitch and signing West it sound good. The only reason Phil and West had problem was that Phil and Shaq wanted to trade Kobe. And West wanted no part in that. Now that Phil accepted the fact that Kobe is a Laker for life West and Phil are now on the same page.
So I can see them working together.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:03 AM   #7
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Elebrond has an OK reputation so far
Talking

Greate News, Very Good News. The best in a lot of Time.

That they Remove to Mitch K. and they Enter to Jerry West. We Needed in the Team.

I Hope become Reality.

ELebronD
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:33 AM   #8
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

It just felt wrong seeing West work another organization. He wants to be a GM, then the Lakers should bring him back. Shaq is gone, so the conflicts of old should be gone as well.

I have a feeling Brian Davis might call Coach K. It's a Duke family sort of thing. After Phil retires, I want Rambis or Cleamons to take over, preferably Cleamons.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #9
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

my prediction...no West. instead...Lakers will be close to winning a championship within 2 years, so Phil Jackson will continue to coach them to a championship. Thereafter, he will become GM of the Lakers, due in large part to his relationship with Jeannie Buss. And they all live happily ever after.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
It just felt wrong seeing West work another organization. He wants to be a GM, then the Lakers should bring him back. Shaq is gone, so the conflicts of old should be gone as well.

I have a feeling Brian Davis might call Coach K. It's a Duke family sort of thing. After Phil retires, I want Rambis or Cleamons to take over, preferably Cleamons.

i prefer Rambis over Cleamons because rambis took shaq and Kobe to the western conference finals where they soon got swept by either utah or SA.

But I want pat riley...coach K doesnt look like he preaches much defense.

however coach K knows just how to utlize guys like Kobe and Odom.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: