Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #31
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: New Simpsons Intro

Quote:
Family Guy is in no way better than The Simpsons.
I'd settle on them being equally bad I think. But if I had to pick one, Family Guy takes it.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #32
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Simpsons is better written.

Family Guys' random jokes are funnier.

I'd take The Simpsons......
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #33
Fuhqueue
Pick and rofl offence

Fuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
How come people who haven't watched the show in years are always the ones talking about how horrible it is now? If you don't watch it anymore, then how do you know? It may not be as good as it use to be, but it hasn't gotten that bad, and the Halloween episodes still kick ass. I watched the last episodes and it wasn't that bad.
I still watch it, it's decent TV. But the gulf in writing quality between the first dozen seasons or so, and now, is astronomical

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Downfall was when John Swartzwelder stopped writing for the show.
Fuhqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #34
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I don't need profundity from the Family Guy, but some of the jokes just seem like mean-spirited cheap shots at celebrities instead of being humorous, lighthearted jabs at celebrities. I don't mind the random pop culture references, but there use to be some sort of point to them. Now, it seems like they're just using them for filler.

Family Guy is in no way better than The Simpsons.

Who gives a f*ck. Most celebrities are horrible people. And even if I'm wrong, they have enough money that they should be able to handle it.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #35
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am still watching this show on my Cable Channel, but the Simpson's back in the late 1990's was much better.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:06 AM   #36
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

Wasn't Conan only a writer for like 3 or 4 seasons? I don't think his leaving was the downfall of the show, it was still good up until season 11 or 12 I think.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:54 AM   #37
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

too longg
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:03 AM   #38
RomeoLuvCasanova
I brick open layups

RomeoLuvCasanova has an OK reputation so far

I think the South Park episode that mocked Family Guy summed up Family Guy perfectly. Non stop joke after joke that has nothing to do with the plot whatsoever.

Lately though I've gotten into King Of The Hill re-runs. That show is completely underrated.
RomeoLuvCasanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #39
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Season 4=GOAT
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #40
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Season 4=GOAT
Not just GOAT Simpsons season either, but perhaps GOAT TV season of any genre ever produced.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #41
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation

the episode with the most funny bits in it has to be when milhouses parents get a divorce, and then homer thinks him and marge are.

couple of funny moments:

*homer trying to sing marge back to sleep with sounds of the ocean
*Bart walking in on homer and breaking a chair on his back
*Milhouses Mom and the Gladiator rolling away in the big ball
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #42
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

Family Guy has regressed as well, but it's still better than the Simpsons.

Agreed.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: