Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #16
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISH: help me choose my next hobby.

Did anyone even read my post? I gave two choices.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #17
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

I think you should be a bit more liberal with your choices. Look into bowling, pool, darts, golf, or something like that. If you're into sports and competition, it is something that you'll enjoy and you probably won't even get hurt doing it.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #18
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
I think you should be a bit more liberal with your choices. Look into bowling, pool, darts, golf, or something like that. If you're into sports and competition, it is something that you'll enjoy and you probably won't even get hurt doing it.

These are things I've been thinking about doing for years. This **** didn't just pop into my head out of nowhere. I've been in bowling leagues, I've played pool, darts, and I've golfed. All this stuff I've already done before. And who says I'm going to get hurt? It's not like I'd be training out of a book, or going in my backyard and pumping a few rounds into the air. I'm going to pay for lessons and be taught properly.

Thanks for the advice, but I made this post for a reason. I know there's a lot some guys who have experience on both areas I've described. I'm just looking for legit advice, like a few have offered so far.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #19
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I've been looking at this for months and reading reviews:

Ruger KP345

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/3...692d18.jpg?v=0
Old 03-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #20
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why are you so set on aikido? I have to agree with Marlo. Aikido isn't so great and your friends are full of sh!t if they tell you those lazy generalizations. I'm not sure if they're legit MA/MMA places in range that you're willing to drive to, though. Perhaps all of the local places near you are McDojos that are only concerned with taking people's money. You're better off asking in a martial arts website if there are any legit places in your area.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #21
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I don't think it really matters why I'm set on Aikido. I don't really see how anyone can tell me not to take if they haven't taken it themselves.

I took three months of it and had a ball. I want to get back into it.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #22
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

HisAirness has decent reputationHisAirness has decent reputation

Quote:

I did read it, but I thought Lacrosse was a good choice. I say go with Aikido then.
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #23
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Maybe I'll do both.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #24
jessetjames
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jessetjames has an OK reputation so far

id go with the firearm so much fun could be had lol.

(sorry to hijack but why wont it let me make a new topic in the forums??)

Last edited by jessetjames : 03-10-2009 at 06:32 PM.
jessetjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #25
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Maybe we don't like your choices; Steven Segal or Rambo? That doesn't sound fun.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #26
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Maybe we don't like your choices; Steven Segal or Rambo? That doesn't sound fun.

T2>Die Hard
Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #27
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I recommend Aikido. It's great form of self defense art, and it's really, REALLY effective defensively.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #28
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
I recommend Aikido. It's great form of self defense art, and it's really, REALLY effective defensively.

I've noticed lots of schools also offering weapons training along with Aikido. Is it worth it?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #29
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I've been looking at this for months and reading reviews:

Ruger KP345

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/3...692d18.jpg?v=0
Nothing without good ol' DESERT EAGLE

jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #30
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Nothing without good ol' DESERT EAGLE

No way in hell I can afford a Desert Eagle!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: