Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #31
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: ISH: help me choose my next hobby.

what's the price of ruger compared to price of desert eagle?
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #32
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

About $1500.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #33
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
I've lost in this game plenty of times in the past
the really good playrs never make it past practice..it's a sad sport
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #34
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

can't afford to do both?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #35
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
can't afford to do both?

Right now? No. Maybe in the future. It'll probably cost me anywhere from $50 - 75 a month for Aikido, depending on where I go, plus the cost of a Gi if the school requires one. Obviously I would have to pay to go to a gun range and I don't even know how much that would cost, plus the gun, ammunition, safety gear, cleaning kit, gun case, training classes. It would cost a lot to do that, and I'm not sure if I'd even be able to afford it.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #36
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Nothing without good ol' DESERT EAGLE

Aikido masters will easily beat Desert Eagle in a close range.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #37
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

President Interminator suggests you pick up a hobby of MMA in your spare time.

Comment approved by Interminator
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #38
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

HisAirness has decent reputationHisAirness has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Aikido masters will easily beat Desert Eagle in a close range.

That was a joke right?
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #39
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I think he means close combat, within two or three feet.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #40
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I think he means close combat, within two or three feet.

It would take less than a second to shoot someone. I mean, granted, there will be the occasional fluke or misfire, but if they're that close, you don't really even have to aim.

I'd take the desert eagle, every time, or any martial art. I'd lose very, very few times out of one hundred.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #41
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
About $1500.
OMG, that much? And ruger?
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #42
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I took three months of it and had a ball. I want to get back into it.

How do you know you wouldn't have as much or more fun in a different discipline? If you have fun with it and there's a legit school close by, then go with that. I'd think it would be more entertaining than the gun thing, but that's just my opinion.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #43
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness
It would take less than a second to shoot someone. I mean, granted, there will be the occasional fluke or misfire, but if they're that close, you don't really even have to aim.

I'd take the desert eagle, every time, or any martial art. I'd lose very, very few times out of one hundred.

Martial artists can punch far faster than a single second, sometimes as fast as four hundredths of a second. If an experienced martial artist is within arms reach of a person holding a gun, I would take the martial artist 10 times out of 10.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #44
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
OMG, that much? And ruger?

The Ruger I've been looking at is about $450 brand new, while Desert Eagles are about $2,000 brand new.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #45
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

Quote:
Martial artists can punch far faster than a single second, sometimes as fast as four hundredths of a second. If an experienced martial artist is within arms reach of a person holding a gun, I would take the martial artist 10 times out of 10.

Even if the martial artist knocked the gun away, if the guy still has the gun, the martial artist won't win.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: