Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool
Default Better album All Eyez on Me or Life After Death?

Which one do ya think was better? And Why?

Gotta say that LAD was one of the greatest, but AEOM has more hitz
DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Better album All Eyez on Me or Life After Death?

All Eyez On Me was the more superior album IMO. As popular and great as All Eyez On Me is, it's still vastly underrated but those with supreme knowledge of rap music (aka backpackers). To me, All Eyez On Me > Reasonable Doubt, Paid In Full, Life After Death, etc. All Eyez On Me = Top 10 rap album of all time IMO.

Biggie's Life After Death, Top 25 or so. Now, if we're talking about BIG's Ready To Die, that's a different story. Ready To Die > All Eyez On Me.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All Eyez On Me for sure...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

i liked biggie better so i'd have to say life after death.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Aside from the annoying skits (not including the classic Mad Rapper skit), I prefer Life After Death. Very creative yet mainstream sounding album.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #6
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster

i'd have to say life after death.

i listened to all eyez on me the other day for the first time in like 4 years, and honestly, it sounded a little dated. and that's no knock on pac (hahah), he's a great mc and i like most of his stuff.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerface
i'd have to say life after death.

i listened to all eyez on me the other day for the first time in like 4 years, and honestly, it sounded a little dated. and that's no knock on pac (hahah), he's a great mc and i like most of his stuff.

yes. the production on life after death is a lot better.
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #8
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

All Eyez On Me is Pac's greatest album(arguably[Me Against The World]). Life After Death is not Biggie's best album, this cannot be argued(Ready To Die is). So considering that they are "even" in terms of rankings, All Eyez On Me > Life After Death.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #9
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Life After Death is not Biggie's best album, this cannot be argued(Ready To Die is)
I agree with you but I think it probably could be argued.

I think All Eyez On Me was a little better. The difference between the two is razor thin. 'All About U', 'Got My Mind Made Up', '2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted', 'Life Goes On', 'California Love', 'Can't C Me', 'Shorty Wanna Be A Thug', 'Picture Me Rollin', 'Rather Be Ya', 'All Eyez On Me' are allll my jams.

But Biggie came hard with 'Hypnotize'. That was in every club at every second across the country when that dropped. Then add 'Kick In The Door', 'I Love The Dough', 'Mo Money Mo Problems', 'I Got A Story To Tell', 'Going Back To Cali', 'Ten Crack Commandments', 'Nasty Boy', 'Sky's The Limit'.

Pac's seemed to have more hits to me. Production goes to Life After Death, though All Eyez On Me had great production too. They're too good albums to compare because they are both MUCH different than the albums that preceded them. All Eyez On Me is worlds different from Me Against the World, and Life After Death is worlds different from Ready to Die. Both albums are much more upbeat, much more fun to listen to, and still contain good lyricism. Both are among my favorites ever. (Though I like Ready to Die over Life After Death). Some of my favorite bars from those albums... both coming from the very first lines they kick on the tracks.

"Your reign on the top was short like leprechauns
As I crush so-called willies, thugs, and rapper-dons
Get in that ass, quick fast, like ramadan
Its that rap phenomenon Don-Dadda

"So mandatory my elevation my lyrics like orientation
So you can be more familiar with the n1gga you facing
We must be patient, nothing's better than communication
Known to damage and highly flamable like gas stations
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #10
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

hard to choose but I think AEOM is higher ranked in hip hop history but life after death is an amazing album..
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Life after Death was a weak ass album.
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #12
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All Eyes On Me, no contest.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #13
R.i.p. B.i.g.
Banned

R.i.p. B.i.g. has an OK reputation so far

all eyez on me>>>>life after death
ready to die>>>>>> all eyez on me
R.i.p. B.i.g. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #14
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far

Biggie>Tupac

Ready To Die> All Eyez On Me> Life After Death.

That's My Word.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #15
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
All Eyez On Me is Pac's greatest album(arguably[Me Against The World]). Life After Death is not Biggie's best album, this cannot be argued(Ready To Die is). So considering that they are "even" in terms of rankings, All Eyez On Me > Life After Death.
LOL at not his best like he has a discography to choose from.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: