Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Phish no longer cares about their fans

http://showhype.com/article/police_s..._arrest _194/

kind of sad. back in the old days they were famous for protecting concert goers from narcs and over-zealous cops.

nowadays, pfft!...who cares?

Trey Sad-astacio
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Phish no longer cares about their fans

Maybe they shouldn't be doing 1.2 million dollars worth of drugs at concerts.

I don't understand how they could confiscate cash though, unless it was from people caught clearly in the act of buying drugs, there's no proof that it was going to purchase drugs. That could have very well been for merchandise or gas money home if they made a trek.

I don't have any sympathy for the people that thought it would be a good idea to bring thousands of dollars of acid to a Phish concert. I would probably need to do thousands dollars worth of acid to find a Phish concert enjoyable though.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

without a response from the band to this, I am unwilling to hold them accountable. What was the context of the arrests? outside, dealing, etc?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
Maybe they shouldn't be doing 1.2 million dollars worth of drugs at concerts.

I don't understand how they could confiscate cash though, unless it was from people caught clearly in the act of buying drugs, there's no proof that it was going to purchase drugs. That could have very well been for merchandise or gas money home if they made a trek.

I don't have any sympathy for the people that thought it would be a good idea to bring thousands of dollars of acid to a Phish concert. I would probably need to do thousands dollars worth of acid to find a Phish concert enjoyable though.

it is part of the culture of their concerts for people to do a lot of drugs.

no one can really defend that with a straight face and say the cops should have f*cked off.

HOWEVER

in past concerts, the fans have been spared the shakedowns and the concerts have been non-violent without serious incident. the band was vocal in their protection of fans and letting them do what they want.

the fans got used to this, so in a way they kind of got burned.

again, tough to defend, but the rules changed and no one was informed.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
without a response from the band to this, I am unwilling to hold them accountable. What was the context of the arrests? outside, dealing, etc?

I hope you are right.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I <3 Phish. Man I'd love to see a show.

Even better I'd love to drop acid at a show.

Or just drop acid period.

Maybe I'll just stick to weed and the occasional shrooms.

But yeah, go Phish! Hopefully they aren't *******s as is being proposed.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I <3 Phish. Man I'd love to see a show.

Even better I'd love to drop acid at a show.

Or just drop acid period.

Maybe I'll just stick to weed and the occasional shrooms.

But yeah, go Phish! Hopefully they aren't *******s as is being proposed.

they used to play a three day show every August in Limestone Maine at Loring Airforce base. 100,000 people camping and partying, no scuffles, no fights, no trouble. Just lots of partying. Great time.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #8
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

195 arrests and they estimated 75,00 people. That's not a lot of arrests considering almost everyone there was probably high.

The poeple they busted were probably the idiots who show up looking to make profit off drug sells at these concerts.

I have no problem with people doing whatever drugs they want, but you can't just expect to slang your drugs to 75,000 people with no consequences.

Here's some advice for drug dealers, since I was one for years as a teenager; don't get caught.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #9
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
195 arrests and they estimated 75,00 people. That's not a lot of arrests considering almost everyone there was probably high.

The poeple they busted were probably the idiots who show up looking to make profit off drug sells at these concerts.

I have no problem with people doing whatever drugs they want, but you can't just expect to slang your drugs to 75,000 people with no consequences.

Here's some advice for drug dealers, since I was one for years as a teenager; don't get caught.

They got away with it forever with Dead head concerts. Thats how a lot of them survived since they just followed the band everywhere and had no jobs. I know when the Grateful Dead would come around where i live there would be a lot more acid around.

I guess they all gravitated to Phish...
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There have always been a good bit of drug arrests at Phish shows. The band may not have liked it, but there was always that element in the lot before and after performances.

I saw the band 10 or more times in the late-90s and early-00s in both Pittsburgh and Columbus. There were always undercover cops in the lot and, at nearly every one, I saw someone getting arrested for selling drugs. It was sort of scary because the undercovers looked like your average Phish head... tie-dye shirts, long hair (some had dreads)...

This is nothing new. I would think around 150 arrests would be the norm at a Phish show in those days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

The thing is, though, that many of the people that want to drop acid or have a toke don't always bring the drugs with them. When you go to a Phish show, you pretty much know that you will be able to get whatever you want in the lot. Why risk getting pulled over on your way to the show?

Anything that I ever did at a Phish show, I bought there. The dealers are providing a service to the concert-goers. That is how that community operates, however strange it may be to some.

It isn't even necessarily about 'making a profit.' It is like a traveling circus and everyone in the lot has a job.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #11
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hilarious mugshots of those arrested at the Phish show.

You can almost smell the patchouli.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #12
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what the hell do you want them to do?

tell the cops to piss off? they dont want to get arrested too ya know.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: