Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #31
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist
 
2LeTTeRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: www.twitter.com/EsquireSports
Posts: 6,608
2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
You Americans have your priorities messed up. You will jail a guy for killing dogs, yet, abortion in the early trimester is allowed.

Not for nothing, when I was young me and my cousins used to raise dogs all the time for fighting and used to leash them on other dogs and cats. I guess if I was a renowned athlete in America at the time, I would have been jailed or raped by PETA.

My point is this, they’re f*cking dogs! Who gives a sh*t!

Agreed. I like dogs, I even own 2, but I really don't see what Vick did as that big of a deal. With as many people as I've seen with pit bulls, it doesn't surprise me that there is a big fighting scene going on. Vick was the scapegoat to the entire community, and honestly it wasn't fair.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #32
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,091
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Again though, why can they be killed legally and dogs can't? Because people have them as pets? Because deer are only in the woods? How many get killed ILLegally?
because people eat deer? Because they are killing them with a gunshot or broadhead and not by bodyslaming them to death? Because they arent pitting them against each other and fighting them to the death?

Are you really this stupid kid? Really weak argument
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #33
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,091
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
True. I will say that there are plenty of cases of dogs killing people, and chinese people eat dogs/cats (no raci)
find one.
does michael vick live in Korea? Was he bodyslaming the dog to death for a butcher?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #34
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,091
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
You Americans have your priorities messed up. You will jail a guy for killing dogs, yet, abortion in the early trimester is allowed.

Not for nothing, when I was young me and my cousins used to raise dogs all the time for fighting and used to leash them on other dogs and cats. I guess if I was a renowned athlete in America at the time, I would have been jailed or raped by PETA.

My point is this, they’re f*cking dogs! Who gives a sh*t!
and my point is, they're ****ing undeveloped fetuses, who gives a ****?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #35
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,091
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Agreed. I like dogs, I even own 2, but I really don't see what Vick did as that big of a deal. With as many people as I've seen with pit bulls, it doesn't surprise me that there is a big fighting scene going on. Vick was the scapegoat to the entire community, and honestly it wasn't fair.
how was he a scapegoat? He ran an interstate gambling ring and got caught. He didnt get charged with anything he didnt do. Sure, the media may have made him the posterboy, but that has nothing to do with his legal proceedings.



and besides, his house isnt selling because its way out of line for a house in that area, especially with the economy. Georgia is one of the states with incredibly high foreclousure rates, its a terrible market right now. No one is gonna drop 3.5 mil on a house that will be worth less than that in 6 months.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #36
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,674
ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
because people eat deer? Because they are killing them with a gunshot or broadhead and not by bodyslaming them to death? Because they arent pitting them against each other and fighting them to the death?

Are you really this stupid kid? Really weak argument

People eat deer, but let’s not act so ****ign righteous. I guess your point is if we consume the animal, then our actions our justified. But have ou ever eaten a half of a hamburger and threw it out? Hey we’re all guilty of wasting an animal’s life in that respect. Should we blame obese people for eating too much meat and wasting unnecessary animal’s lives.

What about veal? I’ve heard in Japan they don’t even let the baby cows touch the floor and they have them hanging by a string to soften their meat. Or how about the animals that are raised for the sole purpose of our consumption, isn’t that wasting an animal’s life.

IMO they’re animals. If 100 rabbits need to be tested on and killed afterwards to give me better smelling cologne, then so be it.

Quote:
and my point is, they're ****ing undeveloped fetuses, who gives a ****?

Again typical response. Imagine if you mom thought of you as an “unborn” fetus and had you killed. Besides that “unborn fetus” has the potential to do all the things me and you can and by killing the fetus, you are denying it's life to fulfill these things.. But I don’t want to turn this into an abortion debate.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #37
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,091
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Again typical response. Imagine if you mom thought of you as an “unborn” fetus and had you killed. Besides that “unborn fetus” has the potential to do all the things me and you can and by killing the fetus, you are denying it's life to fulfill these things.. But I don’t want to turn this into an abortion debate.
which is why it was ridiculous to bring it up. It has nothing to do with this story. just think, everytime you nut outside of a ******, you are killing millions of sperm cells that have the "potential" to do all the things me and you can. In fact, god is the murderer by creating a system where only one of those millions of cells will actually fertilize an egg and all the rest will die in vain.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #38
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,091
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
People eat deer, but let’s not act so ****ign righteous. I guess your point is if we consume the animal, then our actions our justified. But have ou ever eaten a half of a hamburger and threw it out? Hey we’re all guilty of wasting an animal’s life in that respect. Should we blame obese people for eating too much meat and wasting unnecessary animal’s lives.

What about veal? I’ve heard in Japan they don’t even let the baby cows touch the floor and they have them hanging by a string to soften their meat. Or how about the animals that are raised for the sole purpose of our consumption, isn’t that wasting an animal’s life.

IMO they’re animals. If 100 rabbits need to be tested on and killed afterwards to give me better smelling cologne, then so be it.

what does any of this have to do with dog fighting? Is dog fighting helping develop your fancy cologne? Every example you have used results in that animal's death having a benefit (however small) to some product creation or food. Is it that hard to see the difference between killing an animal for a constructive purpose and dog fighting? Personally, I dont eat veal and I dont wear cologne. I am a firm believer that you shouldnt be willing to eat meat unless you are willing to kill and butcher for it (not that you have to for all meat you eat, simply that you should be willing to).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #39
DCL
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,078
DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

i saw a video of his house. it's alright, but it doesn't really look like it's worth $3.2million or whatever he's trying to sell it at. and i checked the location or that zip code. all the surrounding homes are nowhere close to 3 mil, so the price for his home is considered off the charts in his neighborhood. there's a listing for a 7br, 7bath mansion going for $1.4 million. and there isn't even green grass around his place, just dirt. plus, the view wasn't that spectacular. the lake outside his window kinda looks like a swamp. he picked a bad location to build his home. there are better homes at that price in much better locations. there's a reason why there's no interest in his home. the $3.2million price tag is just too high.

Last edited by DCL : 03-11-2009 at 10:24 AM.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #40
JayGuevara
Hellbound
 
JayGuevara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5,799
JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kute
You must be half-retarded. The woes of the world don't justify making animals fight for your entertainment, then drowning them if they don't perform.

That many of us have dogs, and have become fond of them, and recognize how wonderful and loyal they are, is just icing.

I hope Michael Vick ends up like Gerald McClellan.

Such compassion for dogs and wishing a man ends up unable to care for himself, legally blind and deaf, and with very few memories of his entire life?

Very classy.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #41
v-unit
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,150
v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
What Vick did was bad, but he's paid the price.

Exactly, and now this? Dude can't sell his house. Someone is going to write a book on the bad luck Vick is having because this really isn't right.

Give the black man a chance, for once.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #42
Sanity
I know from experience
 
Sanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,838
Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Exactly, and now this? Dude can't sell his house. Someone is going to write a book on the bad luck Vick is having because this really isn't right.

Give the black man a chance, for once.

Yeah and quit ****ing the white man too.





Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #43
EastBayFuNk510
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 329
EastBayFuNk510 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Who cares..i never understood why they make vick out as some type of murderer...its just DOGS...
EastBayFuNk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #44
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,091
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Exactly, and now this? Dude can't sell his house. Someone is going to write a book on the bad luck Vick is having because this really isn't right.

Give the black man a chance, for once.
his house isnt selling because the market in GA is severly depressed. people arent not buying it because they are trying to spite him or something.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #45
Sanity
I know from experience
 
Sanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,838
Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBayFuNk510
Who cares..i never understood why they make vick out as some type of murderer...its just DOGS...

thats what I'm saying. Then they lock Jeffrey Dahmer up for torturing, raping and chopping up a few black dudes. I Don't get it
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy