Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #106
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Michael Vick can't even sell his house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
surrre... I live in about as rural as it gets. and no one dog fights... dogs are looked on as companions.
i agree. Ive lived in rural MI, IA, NM, OH and TX. and the only animal fighting ive seen is **** and dog fights among the hispanic population of texas and NM.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #107
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
i agree. Ive lived in rural MI, IA, NM, OH and TX. and the only animal fighting ive seen is **** and dog fights among the hispanic population of texas and NM.
i'd see white thugz doing it in PHL.

i feel like like there is a correlation between hip hop culture and dog fighting.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #108
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
i'd see white thugz doing it in PHL.

i feel like like there is a correlation between hip hop culture and dog fighting.
sure, Im not saying it doesnt happen. especially in the wanna be population. but the dominant dog fighting scene is associated with rural blacks whether that is accurate or nor.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #109
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
why? what is hypocritical? comparing animal fighting to slaughter for food is ludicrous
In some cultures they eat what we consider pets, and we eat what some cultures consider holy.(cows for example)
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #110
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
sure, Im not saying it doesnt happen. especially in the wanna be population. but the dominant dog fighting scene is associated with rural blacks whether that is accurate or nor.
Im not sure about the dog fighting being rural or not but I know for damn sure the cock fighting is. Are you against cock fighting?
Old 03-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #111
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
bull****.

human life is created when the sperm meets the egg...
Should women be tried for manslaughter when their own actions mistakenly cause a miscarriage?
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #112
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just curious, who do you guys think is the bigger asshole; Chris Brown or Michael Vick?
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #113
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Just curious, who do you guys think is the bigger asshole; Chris Brown or Michael Vick?

Good question. The thing is with Chris Brown the beating occurred once and I'm still not sure if their was instigation. However I'm not defending what he did to any extent. Vick did horrendous things to those dogs multiple times. I don't think its possible those dogs did anything to justify what he did to them and thats really the difference. Chris Brown also didn't murder
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #114
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanity
Good question. The thing is with Chris Brown the beating occurred once and I'm still not sure if their was instigation. However I'm not defending what he did to any extent. Vick did horrendous things to those dogs multiple times. I don't think its possible those dogs did anything to justify what he did to them and thats really the difference. Chris Brown also didn't murder

I really can't take a side. I'd probably say Chris Brown, since if you showed me a woman's face battered, it'd bother me more than hearing about dogs getting tortured and killed. Then again, what Vick did was probably even more heinous.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #115
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
In some cultures they eat what we consider pets, and we eat what some cultures consider holy.(cows for example)
sure, but they dont keep them as pets. In Korea, they raise dogs to be eaten. and, frankly, Id be fine if Vick shot and ate dogs. Hell, even fine with a Mikey Vick's BBQ Dawgs all over the south.

What I do have an issue with (and I agree that its a cultural phenomena) is bady slamming a dog or cow or whatever to death, electrocuting an animal with jumpers, etc. You cant do that to a cow or a goat or bunny or horse or any of the other bullcrap slaughterhouse or racetrack or lab analogy.
You cant eat horse in the US either. are you all indignant about that?

Regardless of your cultural views, its illegal in the US to torture animals and to run gambling operations. Who cares if you agree or disagree, its against the law, he got caught and he paid for it. and if your gonna go crying for vick, how about the millions of other ex-cons with way worse job prospects and for lesser sentences than what he did? Never see yall fussing over that
Old 03-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #116
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't believe the Michael Vick situation. All this bull**** aside, I don't believe he deserved what he got. What he did was basically bring dogs back to their old nature of fighting for dominance, any animal did that before humans came along.

To think that so many celebrities get off easily, all of that anger from the public clearly built up inside them until they blasted that heat against Vick. "Oh no! You're not getting off like the other ones!" so he gets blasted for 2 years in prison for doing something COUNTLESS people do in your country.

Not only that, but regular civilians get away with little crimes like this, but he's Michael Vick and he's a big name so he naturally either gets off clean or gets too much. They are humans just like the rest of us, why should they get extreme punishment or no punishment?

And what, all because he's black?!? Now he can't even sell his house! lol
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #117
mrpuente
pheelme?

Quote:
sure, but they dont keep them as pets. In Korea, they raise dogs to be eaten. and, frankly, Id be fine if Vick shot and ate dogs. Hell, even fine with a Mikey Vick's BBQ Dawgs all over the south.

What I do have an issue with (and I agree that its a cultural phenomena) is bady slamming a dog or cow or whatever to death, electrocuting an animal with jumpers, etc. You cant do that to a cow or a goat or bunny or horse or any of the other bullcrap slaughterhouse or racetrack or lab analogy.
You cant eat horse in the US either. are you all indignant about that?

Regardless of your cultural views, its illegal in the US to torture animals and to run gambling operations. Who cares if you agree or disagree, its against the law, he got caught and he paid for it. and if your gonna go crying for vick, how about the millions of other ex-cons with way worse job prospects and for lesser sentences than what he did? Never see yall fussing over that
I dont torture animals.
I do believe in eating them.
Having them as a pet.
Using them as a tool to fight crime.
Making belts and boots.
Seeing them in zoo's, circuses, and race tracks.
Plumping em for show.
And for clinical testing.

Funny how you brought up the law and said its illegal all I was talking about is how people see differently than the US.

Are you against cock fighting?

Last edited by mrpuente : 03-11-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #118
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
Im not sure about the dog fighting being rural or not but I know for damn sure the cock fighting is. Are you against cock fighting?
Meh, Im not a fan. I have roosters, so I do recognize that they can be aggressive (as can dogs no doubt), but Im not a fan of fighting them. with or without blades?

my point is that vick broke the law in a pretty extreme way (operating an interstate gambling business and dog fighting). he got caught, got a fairly light sentence, and will be out shortly with better job prospects than every other person busted for dog fighting. If anyone is really surprised that a minimum bid $3.5 mil house didnt sell in one of the states with the worst housing crises, then they are out of touch with what is going on in America.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #119
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is America. Dogs are considered pets. I'm not going to rally. Not going to cry, complain, whine, protest countries that treat dogs as I do my turkey hoagie. Thats your own business. I dont agree with it but I cant remember the last time I thought about someone right now eating cat/dog and being upset. But in this country? It doesnt go down like that. Thats the bottomline. There is no debating. No arguments whatsoever. Man's best friend.

You fight dogs. You torture dogs. You shoot dogs to eat like you do a deer? You will have a problem. Period.

The fact this country made a big deal or makes a big deal about what dog the newly elected Presidents of this country will get should tell anyone living here or outside of here where we as a nation stand in regards to dogs. I can go on and on. Hell some old rich hag (forgot her name but she made the news) left her fortune to her dog and not family. Now I'm not saying that is cool/right and its not a bit strange. I'm showing you the overall mentality we Americans have when it comes to dogs. Even Vick loves dogs dispite the crap he was involved in.

I mean anyone who doesnt see an issue with dog fighting or dont see why this is that big of a deal compared to other animals? Watch a dog fight. You probably never watched one nor experienced it. I've watched one where the loser dog was left like a trash bag. The owner fought him for money. Lost. Got pissed. Argued the other dog was bigger/stronger. And they left the dog. Dog tried to follow the group and it stopped in the middle of the alley just injured. Usually when you see a loose pit bul you are afraid of being attacked. And before the dog fight I would have been afraid if it was loose. AFTER the fight that dog looked like nothing more than a scared pup. You could have scared it more than it did you.

Chances are that dog was either left to die or someone contacted animal control for a loose pit bul and it got destroyed. Meanwhile the dogfighters/group continued on with thier DVD.

"Yeah son bring yo dog. Bring yo loot. And bring a gun too. Its real over here."

Yadda yadda yadda. And the fight i watch was G rated compared to one that is rated R. That shyt dont fly here even tho some places still do it. Thats why its UNDERGROUND. They know the people as a whole aint gonna let it fly.

As far as Vick i dont wish anything bad like some kids do. He took part in something wrong. He got caught. He got punished. Served his time. Lost millions. Lost his job and is attempting to regain it. He paid his price.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: