Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool
Default Rant about how stupid your boss is

Here is a thread to let it all out, on one condition, if you intend to rant please review other rants posted so they are not in vien..Thank you

I will post once im at home and not on company systems.

Let the fun begin.

DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rant about how stupid your boss is

I actually like and respect my boss alot. My boss is a woman and she is a very fair but serious boss... She isnt a micro-manager and she wont even bother me... the only time you would have trouble with my boss is if something isnt done the way she expects it to be done... then you could be in trouble..

but as long as you take your responsibilities seriously and handle your business, you are fine... She is even a family friend now....

Im grateful to have a boss like mine, especially in this economy... I worked for a few pricks before and I know it going into work, anything could happen
when you get to work.... from drugs to fist fighting...

sorry I didnt bash my boss, but I did a positive rant
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I actually like and respect my boss alot. My boss is a woman and she is a very fair but serious boss... She isnt a micro-manager and she wont even bother me... the only time you would have trouble with my boss is if something isnt done the way she expects it to be done... then you could be in trouble..

but as long as you take your responsibilities seriously and handle your business, you are fine... She is even a family friend now....

Im grateful to have a boss like mine, especially in this economy... I worked for a few pricks before and I know it going into work, anything could happen
when you get to work.... from drugs to fist fighting...

sorry I didnt bash my boss, but I did a positive rant

You're tappin that ass aren't you.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

HisAirness has decent reputationHisAirness has decent reputation

I wish I had a stupid-ass boss; I'm broke.
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My boss varies from being a nitpicking ******* of a miser to a very nice generous person. I think she's insane or bi-polar.

It's been numerous times where she's yelled at me for insignificant **** to where I'm heated and like "Okay I need to avoid her or I'm bout to walk out", and then 30 minutes later everything'll be everything and she's smiling and bein nice.

So I've become desensitized, and just do what I do now. It's a lot less stressful that way.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
My boss varies from being a nitpicking ******* of a miser to a very nice generous person. I think she's insane or bi-polar.

It's been numerous times where she's yelled at me for insignificant **** to where I'm heated and like "Okay I need to avoid her or I'm bout to walk out", and then 30 minutes later everything'll be everything and she's smiling and bein nice.

So I've become desensitized, and just do what I do now. It's a lot less stressful that way.

You've figured out what us married men all know.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My boss has his PhD.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
My boss has his PhD.

in your ass?
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #9
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
in your ass?
repped
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I don't hate my boss(es). They are pretty cool and are a pleasure to work with.

What I do despise, is the company I work for. And its not the company with the name on the building, but rather the marionette handler… that of the the three headed beast, Cerberus…

FUCK Cerberus.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #11
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have only had one boss I hated. It was when I was a producer/photographer at a news station. Dude was one of those pricks that tries to divide everyone against each other always making up little lies and trying to start sh!t.

The dumbest thing he ever did nearly got his ass fired. Bush 41 was coming to our city to for some kind of random event and our news station was the sponsor. I had been pegged to be the photographer to cover the event. I was going to get to go to a meet and greet, get an exclusive interview and have primo seating over the other stations b/c of us being the sponsor. We had been pimping this event for months. I had to go through a Secret Service background check and sign some paper work just to be allowed and this was a few month process.

Now b/c the boss man was TERRIBLE at managing our hours we were down a photog that day and he was forcing a guy who was hired as an editor to cover the downtown Christmas tree lighting. The poor bastard hardly knew how to use a camera and they were making him shoot at night which is hard enough to make look really good even when you know what you are doing.

So b/c of this, stuff was coming in late to the 6 pm show and our normal 6 & 10 producer was stressing big time as video was literally coming in a minute to 30 seconds before it was to air. That is NOT how its done b/c if there is no video, there is no story. So she is high stressed and he is all on her ass about why did she dump this or why did we skip that and she lost it for a moment and yelled out in the control room something along the lines of "well if you would stop screwing people on their overtime maybe we would have a full staff for once and crap like this wouldn't be an issue every other day!" She was 100% correct and the jackass couldn't handle his pride getting crushed in front of people and after the show fired her on the spot.

All of this is happening as I am loading up my gear to go out the door and he comes and grabs me and starts demanding that I drop the former President and start producing the 10 PM show. I start protesting b/c I am the guy that has the proper credentials to get into the event and he counters with you can do this or not come back. At the time I was in training to take over morning producing duties (was currently weekend producer/photog) and since he had forced me to sign a non compete deal as a photographer there would be nowhere within 100 miles of where I was I could go and there was no way I'd get a morning show or equal standing at that time anyway so I was screwed.

So anyway, the fool then demands that the poor editor go to the event which was about 5 minutes from where we were but easily 35 from the guy with the traffic, packing up his gear and getting to his car. Plus the guy wasnt even dressed for the event and was in jeans and a hoody.

So he calls this guy up, screams at him to do something else that isnt what he was hired for and sends him on his way as I start to produce the show (which both anchors were qualified to do BTW). Of course he gets to the thing late and missed the Secret Service screening that we were supposed to be there for and as he didn't even have the credentials and wasn't on any kind of list they had they were not about to let him in.

So we missed a big ass event that we had been advertising, the only shot of the president was of his back from across the street as he went to his car and b/c we weren't there our main competition ended up getting the exclusive interview. Then the ******* tried to blame it on the editor to our GM crying that he was late and it was his fault even though we would have done everything fine if he had not sent a photog home to avoid paying him OT (as he kept the guy 4 hours extra the day before) causing stress on the show which got the producer to call him out getting her fired and getting me pulled off the event.

To make matters worse for me, the slimy bastard then pulled me off of morning training to fill in for the 6 & 10 producing until he got a replacement and behind my back hires a girl straight out of college for the morning show. I found this out through the morning anchor congratulating me on moving up to the 6&10 to which I was rather surprised since I was told I wasn't getting it b/c I didn't have the experience. Of course the 6&10 producer ALSO ended up being right out of college (I had been at the station for about two years and producing the weekends for about one by this point) and I ended up having to train BOTH of them.

Needless to say, once he informed me the station was becoming the subject of a reality show, (no lie, it was called Anchorwoman and ran on Fox but was canceled after two lowly rated episodes) I promptly put in my two weeks and went to finish the last semester of school that I had stopped to work for him and his crackhead ways.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #12
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm my own boss :)
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #13
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

My boss is not stupid, however her boss(es) are dumb as hell. I actually prefer women bosses as they are much better with human resources and dealing with office conflicts.

Anywho, my boss's bosses(technically mine too) demand she meet deadlines that are practically already late. They don't give us updated technology, yet promote our division for it's "great service", and generally do half-assed work when it comes to fixing a problem or spending money.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #14
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I have only had one boss I hated. It was when I was a producer/photographer at a news station. Dude was one of those pricks that tries to divide everyone against each other always making up little lies and trying to start sh!t.

The dumbest thing he ever did nearly got his ass fired. Bush 41 was coming to our city to for some kind of random event and our news station was the sponsor. I had been pegged to be the photographer to cover the event. I was going to get to go to a meet and greet, get an exclusive interview and have primo seating over the other stations b/c of us being the sponsor. We had been pimping this event for months. I had to go through a Secret Service background check and sign some paper work just to be allowed and this was a few month process.

Now b/c the boss man was TERRIBLE at managing our hours we were down a photog that day and he was forcing a guy who was hired as an editor to cover the downtown Christmas tree lighting. The poor bastard hardly knew how to use a camera and they were making him shoot at night which is hard enough to make look really good even when you know what you are doing.

So b/c of this, stuff was coming in late to the 6 pm show and our normal 6 & 10 producer was stressing big time as video was literally coming in a minute to 30 seconds before it was to air. That is NOT how its done b/c if there is no video, there is no story. So she is high stressed and he is all on her ass about why did she dump this or why did we skip that and she lost it for a moment and yelled out in the control room something along the lines of "well if you would stop screwing people on their overtime maybe we would have a full staff for once and crap like this wouldn't be an issue every other day!" She was 100% correct and the jackass couldn't handle his pride getting crushed in front of people and after the show fired her on the spot.

All of this is happening as I am loading up my gear to go out the door and he comes and grabs me and starts demanding that I drop the former President and start producing the 10 PM show. I start protesting b/c I am the guy that has the proper credentials to get into the event and he counters with you can do this or not come back. At the time I was in training to take over morning producing duties (was currently weekend producer/photog) and since he had forced me to sign a non compete deal as a photographer there would be nowhere within 100 miles of where I was I could go and there was no way I'd get a morning show or equal standing at that time anyway so I was screwed.

So anyway, the fool then demands that the poor editor go to the event which was about 5 minutes from where we were but easily 35 from the guy with the traffic, packing up his gear and getting to his car. Plus the guy wasnt even dressed for the event and was in jeans and a hoody.

So he calls this guy up, screams at him to do something else that isnt what he was hired for and sends him on his way as I start to produce the show (which both anchors were qualified to do BTW). Of course he gets to the thing late and missed the Secret Service screening that we were supposed to be there for and as he didn't even have the credentials and wasn't on any kind of list they had they were not about to let him in.

So we missed a big ass event that we had been advertising, the only shot of the president was of his back from across the street as he went to his car and b/c we weren't there our main competition ended up getting the exclusive interview. Then the ******* tried to blame it on the editor to our GM crying that he was late and it was his fault even though we would have done everything fine if he had not sent a photog home to avoid paying him OT (as he kept the guy 4 hours extra the day before) causing stress on the show which got the producer to call him out getting her fired and getting me pulled off the event.

To make matters worse for me, the slimy bastard then pulled me off of morning training to fill in for the 6 & 10 producing until he got a replacement and behind my back hires a girl straight out of college for the morning show. I found this out through the morning anchor congratulating me on moving up to the 6&10 to which I was rather surprised since I was told I wasn't getting it b/c I didn't have the experience. Of course the 6&10 producer ALSO ended up being right out of college (I had been at the station for about two years and producing the weekends for about one by this point) and I ended up having to train BOTH of them.

Needless to say, once he informed me the station was becoming the subject of a reality show, (no lie, it was called Anchorwoman and ran on Fox but was canceled after two lowly rated episodes) I promptly put in my two weeks and went to finish the last semester of school that I had stopped to work for him and his crackhead ways.

Wow. That dude has some problems. He needs to get that sh*t together.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #15
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i love my boss she is so nice anything i ask her i usually get. i have no complaints about my boss.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: