Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Anyone use RocketDock? Go Try it Out if You're Bored.

I've been using this for a week for my desktop and I really love it. I don't like my desktop looking cluttered with desktop icons, and I don't like using Quicklaunch because it clutters my taskbar so I was trying to find some way to organize it. I like the feel/look of Windows Vista, but my laptop can only handle XP so I was trying to find themes that match with the Ultimate/WMP11 themes because I like their black themes.

If you like fooling around with the look of your computer's theme/feel/desktop I suggest trying out RocketDock. It also has some nice add-ons for it. Here's a screenshot of it on my desktop...

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...rocketdock.jpg

...here's a youtube video of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6UVb15it6A

...if you're bored, try it out. It has a lot of customization and uses very little resources for how smooth it runs. If you don't like the way it looks you can change it to whatever you want look like with skins to match your Windows theme. And you can download high resolution icons from the website for almost any application for the icon bar to get the full feel of it.

Last edited by Meticode : 03-11-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anyone use RocketDock? Go Try it Out if You're Bored.

I'm pretty sure I used that for about a month and decided it was inferior to ObjectDock. Try that one out.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I'm pretty sure I used that for about a month and decided it was inferior to ObjectDock. Try that one out.

I think I tried that out a long time ago. I didn't like it then. Are there any limitations of using the free version of it? Even though you can easily probably register it. The thing I liked about RocketDock is it's totally freeware.

I might give it try to see how it performs resource-wise and see how it feels on the desktop. Thanks for bringing that up.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Are there any limitations of using the free version of it?

Nevermind, I found out the differences between the Shareware version and the plus version here: http://www.stardock.com/products/obj...s.asp#download
Old 03-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can get you the full version if you're interested, or you can just do a torrent search with Bit Che.

Amateur, you should've known that already.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

And by the way, you have the ugliest icons ever.

I usually go here for customized high quality icons: www.iconspedia.com or http://www.wincustomize.com/

Check mine out, nice icons:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../backround.jpg
Old 03-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
And by the way, you have the ugliest icons ever.

I usually go here for customized high quality icons: www.iconspedia.com or http://www.wincustomize.com/

Check mine out, nice icons:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../backround.jpg

I like mine thanks.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Your icons are ugly. All offense possible.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
Your icons are ugly. All offense possible.

Thank you.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

There actually was another one I used a while back, not either of those, and I liked it much better. My HDD crashed and I forgot the name of it. It didn't use much memory, either.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: