Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default My Mock Offseason: Keeping the Raptors Afloat

Right now:

PG- Jose Calderon/Roko Ukic/Marcus Banks
SG- Anthony Parker/Jason Kapono
SF- Shawn Marion/Joey Graham
PF- Chris Bosh/Pops Mensah-Bonsu/Kris Humphries
C- Andrea Bargnani/Jake Voskuhl

Step One:LET JAY TRIANO GO
- Has been worse than Sam Mitchell
- Is bland already, same act every game, hasn't even been a year.
- Let's be honest, not an NBA quality coach.

Ok, now I didn't even mention who are FAs are. The immediate need is to get rid of Triano I think. He's pretty bad. Look at the talent and look at the results... not good. Deserves a firing even if it's not his fault. Just the way it is.
Step Two:

Now, the players who could possibly leave through free agency:
Unrestricted FA:
F- Shawn Marion
G- Anthony Parker
F/C- Pops Mensah Bonsu
C- Jake Voskuhl

Bye Jake . Thanks for nothing.

As for the others. I don't think Shawn Marion fits here, he already doesn't like it, he got traded from a playoff team to a team of disappointment and low energy losers. He will leave and we can't do anything about it. Bye bye Marion.

Anthony Parker I don't think has much value. He's getting on in years...eh. Don't really know what to do with him. He's not good enough to start for much longer but a nice sixth or seventh man role could fit. However Colangelo paying that POS Jason Kapono 6 million a year makes this an unwise move. Parker is gone too.

Pops Mensah Bonsu. Re-sign for really cheap. He is a good bench big for us. 2 yrs/1.5 million.

Restricted FA

Joey Graham

I think Joey Graham leaving is better for both teams. He's shown ability to possibly produce but I don't like the way he does it. He's just bad. Even when his stats are looking better, he still plays bad. Maybe bad isn't the right word. But **** it he's bad. Don't extend the qualifying offer to him.

blurb: also we have a team option for really low on Nate Jawai. Doesn't matter what they do either way so I won't speculate, who really cares?

Now we're left with:
PG- Jose Calderon/Roko Ukic/Marcus Banks
SG- Jason Kapono (gross)
SF-
PF- Chris Bosh/Pops Mensah Bonsu
C- Andrea Bargnani/Kris Humphries

P-U
Step Three: Free Agency

Available FA that we should take a look at:
Lamar Odom
Jamal Crawford
(if he opts out, I think he will, the way Nelson is treating him his option is actually for another 2 years, doubt he wants that.)

got to go for now sorry lol it's a long post I'll continue and finish it later, comment on what you see so far even though there isn't much. The interesting stuff will be my trade and FA choices.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: My Mock Offseason: Keeping the Raptors Afloat

Nice. Although my predictions are coming after we find out what pick we get. Honestly, I have a good feeling about this draft .. and B.C better not make a mistake. I was thinking more on the SG or PG slot on the draft, Stephen Curry is my selection right now (that depends on our pick)
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
Nice. Although my predictions are coming after we find out what pick we get. Honestly, I have a good feeling about this draft .. and B.C better not make a mistake. I was thinking more on the SG or PG slot on the draft, Stephen Curry is my selection right now (that depends on our pick)

Curry = Smaller Redick

Very good college scorer. Won't translate to the NBA.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

I don't think Triano is that bad. Of course I can't really tell other then it's odvious he can't make good cheese with the sour milk he has to use.

A team makes a coach, not the other way around.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Curry = Smaller Redick

Agreed. I am not even entirely comfortable with how Harden projects...and he is bigger with a lot more tools. Though I suspect the Raps won't have a chance at either.

If we wind up in the expected range ( 7-10th pick) I'd like the Raps to try and grab one of the combo forwards that can inject some D and athleticism ( Earl Clark or Al Aminu)...or swing for the fences with Greg Monroe if he drops. It is obvious this team isn't just a piece away, so it's time to start putting in place a real long term plan.

I wouldn't touch a free agent over 26, only to have them past there prime when the core peaks. And Jamal "I'm a career 40% shooter that plays no D" Crawford is last thing we need.

Last edited by Valliant13 : 03-11-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

What about Iverson? No one seems to want him for more than the MLE... Can't we offer him something more than that to get his ass in Toronto?
Or is he that bad now? I don't watch Detroit games...
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
What about Iverson? No one seems to want him for more than the MLE... Can't we offer him something more than that to get his ass in Toronto?
Or is he that bad now? I don't watch Detroit games...

A starting backcourt of Iverson and Calerdon would be the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA. So no thanks.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
A starting backcourt of Iverson and Calerdon would be the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA. So no thanks.

well, if we get AI ofcourse we trade Jose to get another guard XD
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #9
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
A team makes a coach, not the other way around.

Except for Sam Mitchell
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Has Marion dunked once this season?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Marion isn't even offensive threat, all his points come from 2nd chance points, we don't run plays for him at all and he can't shot at all. Until we get a legit guard we won't see Chris Bosh true potential!

oh yea FIRE TRIANO, he can't make his mind up if we want to run or not, and if Roko is going to be the damn back up point guard or not!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Marion isn't even offensive threat, all his points come from 2nd chance points, we don't run plays for him at all and he can't shot at all. Until we get a legit guard we won't see Chris Bosh true potential!

oh yea FIRE TRIANO, he can't make his mind up if we want to run or not, and if Roko is going to be the damn back up point guard or not!

i agree. You said everything i was going to say.

I hate the fact that triano can't make up his ****ing mind. He is just a mess and at times i wished we had sam mitchell instead of this guy. We should have just gone with Mitchell and fired him at the end of the season.

Why the **** isn't Ukic playing? Why aren't there plays called for Marion? Marion is a solid offensive threat and the raps aren't even calling any plays for him. He is just running around looking for 2nd chance points. He is a player that can shine when Bosh is doubled...The coach should be calling plays and making marion available out there...

with the way this team is being coached, regardless of what player we got instead of Marion we would have had the same results. This is just annoying and extremely frustrating to watch.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
i agree. You said everything i was going to say.

I hate the fact that triano can't make up his ****ing mind. He is just a mess and at times i wished we had sam mitchell instead of this guy. We should have just gone with Mitchell and fired him at the end of the season.

Why the **** isn't Ukic playing? Why aren't there plays called for Marion? Marion is a solid offensive threat and the raps aren't even calling any plays for him. He is just running around looking for 2nd chance points. He is a player that can shine when Bosh is doubled...The coach should be calling plays and making marion available out there...

with the way this team is being coached, regardless of what player we got instead of Marion we would have had the same results. This is just annoying and extremely frustrating to watch.

I too have been baffled by the handling of Marion. The first few games he was here he was making many cuts to the basket that Calderon missed due to not being familiar with his game. I was looking forward to those kinks getting ironed out but it seems as though Marion is just forgotten about now. We've seen how effective plays like that can be as Utah tends to tear us up with them and we have someone who is excellent at them and yet he goes un-used. If Marion walks because of this I'll be pissed.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #14
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Curry = Smaller Redick

I unno. Curry can become JJ or he can become the next Reggie Miller. I would take my chances on him.
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #15
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

We need defense. Just how would Curry help this team out?
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: