Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Default Why I hate Shaq!! He is a BBIITTCCHH!!!

Shaq is a ***** he was quoted in saying "I fancy football better, basketball is just business to me" He also has surgery during the beginning of the season because quote " I don't know why I should have surgery doing my off time, because when you are a working man and you get hurt at work you don't use your time off to get well" Shaq also claim he claim the Laker's management ask him to get bigger so that's why he got fat,BS when they ask that of him they wanted him to hit the gym and buff up. And the other thing he was trying to trade Kobe, and even convince Phil at the time. Saying he wont play with him anymore,And that he doesn't pass him the ball enough. Even thou it was prov-en that Kobe passed him the ball more then the rest of the team combined. Shaq was to lazy to get open and even when he had two defenders on him he would keep demanding the ball. And when they passed it to him he would just stand there and allowed one of the defenders to steal it.
People complain that there is Kobe groupies and forget to mention those Shaq groupies and most of them are fat lazy guys who cheer for the lazy fat man.
I'm a littlesick people saying Kobe groupie!! B.S. Shaq is the reason West left!! and he demanded the trade not Kobe he wanted more then 30 mil and had to settle for 20 in Miami Lakers-city pisses me off!!!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
cyclone_nicky
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cyclone_nicky has an OK reputation so far

whats even more frustrating than that he was earning 30 mil a season saying that he doesnt need to play in the regular season and as long as he was ready for the playoffs, thats all that mattered. all this while kobe is busting his butt working out in the offseason improving his game and saying how important it is to get home court througout the playoffs and snaq o'meal decides to wait until mid september to get his surgery on his toe. here is an interesting article about that that im sure will piss everyone off even more. read the last few paragraphs.

Jackson to Get a New Hip
The Lakers coach will have surgery Tuesday, and Rambis will be in charge at the start of training camp.
By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
September 30, 2006

The Lakers will assemble for training camp Tuesday without a familiar and important piece.

Coach Phil Jackson will undergo surgery to replace his right hip Tuesday and will be away from the sidelines indefinitely. Lakers officials declined to give a specific timetable for his return, but a team spokesman said Jackson would be back in time for the season opener Oct. 31 against Phoenix.

Kurt Rambis, who is entering his ninth season as a Lakers assistant, will temporarily take charge.

Jackson, 61, was not available for comment. He is scheduled to talk to the media Monday.

Jackson, who played 12 seasons with the New York Knicks as a rough-hewn forward, has walked with a limp for years. He felt he would have trouble coaching this season unless he underwent surgery, a team official said.

"It was something that got progressively worse," Lakers spokesman John Black said. "He was hopeful it would get better. He simply can't function. He has a hard time sitting in a chair.

"There were things that were making it clear to him that it would be impossible to go through a season. He was hoping it wouldn't come to surgery by doing therapy and what not. As of a week ago, it came clear to him that he would have to have it done."

The procedure will be performed by Lawrence Dorr at the Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center in Inglewood. Jackson is expected to be released from the hospital a day after the surgery. Most hip-replacement patients are able to walk with the help of a cane or crutches within a week or two of their procedures and return to work within a month or two.

Jackson, who is starting the second year of a three-year, $30-million contract, has chronic pain in his back and hips. He often takes anti-inflammatory medication and sits on a specially designed chair on the Lakers bench that props him up an extra six or seven inches during games.

During practices, he sits on giant rubber workout balls to rest his back and sometimes uses an electric scooter to maneuver around the court. He often works on his sore spots after practice with Lakers athletic performance coordinator Alex McKechnie.

Jackson has acknowledged that stress, fatigue and sleepless nights in unfamiliar hotel beds exacerbate the toll that 12 seasons as an NBA player take on the body. The start of last season was "real tough," Jackson said in February.

"It's like getting back on the bicycle and riding, but you don't know how stiff you're going to be after you start riding," he added. "It was physically difficult."

Rambis, a close friend of Jackson's, went 24-13 as the Lakers' interim coach after taking over 12 games into the strike-shortened 1998-99 season. He tied an NBA record at the time by winning his first nine games.

"We've already talked as a coaching staff about what we'd like to accomplish the first few days of training camp," Rambis said. "There's enough guys on the team that have run the offense for a year or longer. It's a matter of getting our guys to understand what we'd like them to do defensively, getting guys re-acclimated with the offense and teaching the new guys the offense."

Although Lakers officials downplayed the similarity, Jackson's decision to have surgery before the regular season was reminiscent of Shaquille O'Neal's decision to have surgery on an arthritic big toe in September 2002. O'Neal drew the wrath of Lakers fans, and the organization, when he said he waited so long to have surgery because he sustained the injury while playing for the Lakers.

"Since I suffered the injury on company time, why shouldn't I also be able to get surgery and do recovery on company time?" O'Neal said.

O'Neal missed the first 12 games of the season and was criticized for the Lakers' slow start that ultimately saw the end of their three-championship run.

On Friday, Black declined to discuss any parallels between O'Neal and Jackson.

"It's irrelevant," Black said. "They're two completely different situations."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cyclone_nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
Shaq is a ***** he was quoted in saying "I fancy football better, basketball is just business to me" He also has surgery during the beginning of the season because quote " I don't know why I should have surgery doing my off time, because when you are a working man and you get hurt at work you don't use your time off to get well" Shaq also claim he claim the Laker's management ask him to get bigger so that's why he got fat,BS when they ask that of him they wanted him to hit the gym and buff up. And the other thing he was trying to trade Kobe, and even convince Phil at the time. Saying he wont play with him anymore,And that he doesn't pass him the ball enough. Even thou it was prov-en that Kobe passed him the ball more then the rest of the team combined. Shaq was to lazy to get open and even when he had two defenders on him he would keep demanding the ball. And when they passed it to him he would just stand there and allowed one of the defenders to steal it.
People complain that there is Kobe groupies and forget to mention those Shaq groupies and most of them are fat lazy guys who cheer for the lazy fat man.
I'm a littlesick people saying Kobe groupie!! B.S. Shaq is the reason West left!! and he demanded the trade not Kobe he wanted more then 30 mil and had to settle for 20 in Miami Lakers-city pisses me off!!!!!

glad to do so.

and phil was the reason west left, everyone knows it.

and im sorry but i dont like bryant, i dont like his swager, i dont like the outrageous comparisons between him and the greatest of all-time, i might root for him but i have never and will never like him.

if you read the name its lakers-city, not kobe-city.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:31 PM   #4
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
glad to do so.

and im sorry but i dont like bryant, i dont like his swager, i dont like the outrageous comparisons between him and the greatest of all-time, i might root for him but i have never and will never like him.

Just say Shaq-***** or Shaq-city!! OK!!!!!!
It's Kobe team now like it or not!!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
lakers-city
Good college starter

well, feel good because for as long as bryant is the face of LA we wont win another ring, he has never lead a team to a championship and we dont have the pieces to make it the first time.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:35 PM   #6
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
well, feel good because for as long as bryant is the face of LA we wont win another ring, he has never lead a team to a championship and we dont have the pieces to make it the first time.

We will!! like it or not!! u r wrong!!!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
lakers-city
Good college starter

of course i would like it but it wont happen, i hope we can get a good PF or C to help kobe.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

i can certainly respect your dislike for Kobe... i have no problem with that at all as it is your opinion.

however, i would not be so hasty to make the claim above about not winning a championship with Kobe. stranger things have happened. the Lakers are one or two players away from getting there... perhaps it will come from internal improvements or through acquisition.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #9
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
of course i would like it but it wont happen, i hope we can get a good PF or C to help kobe.

I'm done with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank u and have a nice day!!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 12:14 AM   #10
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Elebrond has an OK reputation so far
Talking

Quote:
glad to do so.

SORRY MEN BUT YOU NEED TO BE A REALIST. IF 81 POINTS DON'T CAUSE IS YOU ONE OF THE BETTER, I BELIEVE THAT YOU SHOULD CHANGE OF TEAM.

IT BELIEVES OR NOT. . MR. 81 IS ONE OF THE GREATES IN THE HISTORY. And FORGET THAT HE HAS NOW 28 YEARS OLD.

ELEBROND
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:38 AM   #11
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
well the same could b said 4 Kg but minny isn't tryna trade him or anything...u just have 2 look @ it like we're 1 of the few teams w/ a top 5 talent and we shouldn't take that for granted....like u said he can't do it by himself, n I think the last few champions have had at least 2 allstars so it's time 4 somebody 2 step up or for us 2 try 2 get an allstar
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #12
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
Shaq is a ***** he demanded the trade not Kobe he wanted more then 30 mil and had to settle for 20 in Miami Lakers-city pisses me off!!!!!

I recall Greedy Shaq:stupid: at the time was flapping his mouth off at JERRY Buss during a game in which he was showing up Mr. Buss after a made basket demanding he should get paid on his demands even after Buss was willing to extend Shaq's contract at 25 mill for 3 years instead of the 5year 30mill he was shouting for. Though he got his 5 year contract w/the heat for 20 million that's still a far cry from what he initially demanded w/the Lakers on what he thought he was being worth LOL now Shaq realizes he's not all that since he's getting old, fat and with his game being at a downward slide.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

with all this coming into consideration...Do we have to Retire his jersey?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:32 PM   #14
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I can certainly understand your dislike of Kobe, but you are dead wrong about the championship. First of all, Kobe DID carry us to championship, even though it was supposed to be Shaq's team. Yes, of course, Shaq's presence was huge, but Kobe carried us through the regular season and was then clutch in the playoffs. Much the same way that D Wade carried Shaq this year. I DO agree that we need a few more pieces, but that is a management issue.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
I can certainly understand your dislike of Kobe, but you are dead wrong about the championship. First of all, Kobe DID carry us to championship, even though it was supposed to be Shaq's team. Yes, of course, Shaq's presence was huge, but Kobe carried us through the regular season and was then clutch in the playoffs. Much the same way that D Wade carried Shaq this year. I DO agree that we need a few more pieces, but that is a management issue.

I agree.
Shaq fouled out in so many of the playoff games and Bryant came up clutch in all those games...Shaq hasnt proven to be a leader except vocally...but by example it has to be bryant..

And you know what else? Two of those final MVP's should belong to Kobe...instead all three went to shaq because of stats.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: