Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Last house on the left

This one bad review doesn't impress me alot:

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo...thouse0313.html

This one might turn out to be better than expected.

It's a well-made up-graded grindhouse flick? What did this guy think he was going to see?

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20264879,00.html

This review says it's vile and disgusting.

James Berardinelli gives it a somewhat positive rating:

http://www.reelviews.net/php_review...identifier=1513
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Last house on the left

the original is dubbed "the scariest movie ever" This prolly wont compare, but still expecting a good show
DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoRadja40
the original is dubbed "the scariest movie ever" This prolly wont compare, but still expecting a good show

The original is gigantic pile of shyt. If any horror movie could have used a remake it was this one. The original is an EXTREMELY bad movie. Have you ever seen it?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didn't really enjoy the original. I suppose you could call is a cult classic, but it wasn't a very good film at all.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I didn't really enjoy the original. I suppose you could call is a cult classic, but it wasn't a very good film at all.

I think this one will be better on acting alone. Monica Potter and Tony Goldwyn are a real upgrade over any of the actors in the original. I think you're being very kind to the original. It's shocking how bad it is.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've only seen it once and it was a long time ago. You have to watch the film in It's proper context, which was the early 1970's. I'm sure it was terrifyingly shocking back then.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
I've only seen it once and it was a long time ago. You have to watch the film in It's proper context, which was the early 1970's. I'm sure it was terrifyingly shocking back then.

The poor attempts at comic relief is what kills it more than anything. It kills the movies credibility completely. I seen the movie back when I was 7 or 8 and it wasn't scary them either. Back then I was totally confused because it tries to be a Smokey and the Bandit comedy half the time.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
The poor attempts at comic relief is what kills it more than anything. It kills the movies credibility completely. I seen the movie back when I was 7 or 8 and it wasn't scary them either.

To tell you the truth, I barely remember the film, I just know it wasn't scary, and I didn't enjoy it.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Ebert gives the new one 2.5 stars.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...IEWS/903119984
Old 03-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
To tell you the truth, I barely remember the film, I just know it wasn't scary, and I didn't enjoy it.

I've only seen abit of the trailer for the new one. I didn't want to watch the whole thing because I hear it gives away too much. Which may or may not be the case. But I'm interested in seeing this and I don't want to take the chance that it does give away too much. But I gave the trailer a sample and I got the feeling of a well made horror movie with everything taken into consideration.

The casting alone suggest they're atleast giving some effort here. Normally we see no namers and stuff in these type of movies. I think it will be better than The Hills Have Eyes. Which got better reviews than I expected, but despite the reviews I didn't find it that great. Kinda boring actually.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 03-12-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

The Hills Have Eyes was an awesome movie!

I think this movie looks good mostly because of the plot.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: