Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Greatest song transitions

Nothing better than a cohesive album, and when the artist melds songs into one another, it can be a thing of beauty. Name your favourites.

Some of the more famous ones

Sgt Peppers --> With a Little Help (Beatles - Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band)
Brain Damage --> Eclipse (Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon)

No way you can not mention The Wall, so there's these two

Happiest Days --> Brick in the Wall pt 2
Vera --> Bring the Boys Back Home

Other favourites

Don't Get Lost in Heaven --> Demon Days (Gorillaz - Demon Days)

Another one is at the start of Vaudeville Villain by MF Doom (V Vaughn), but I can't find the overture on Youtube. But I did oddly enough find the sample, which is awesome, right here. It kills me every time when when that sample jumps right into this sickness, while the laugh continues. Such a wild beat too.

Anyways, post some others.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation
Default Re: Greatest song transitions

Dominance and Submission --> ME262 Blue Oyster Cult

The whole first side of that Secret Treaties blends great.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #3
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Silent! How goes the hibernation? You must be glad summer is just around the corner, so you can back to your ISH fix on the regular!

I'll have to check out that album, both of those songs were great. Really rockin stuff.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The whole "Days of future passed" album, by The Moody Blues.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
The whole "Days of future passed" album, by The Moody Blues.
I really need to get my hands on some Moody Blues records. Their greatest hits album was one of the features of my childhood and my parents would always have it on, so I know the ins and outs of every track there. I've never actually listened to a full album of theirs though.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I really need to get my hands on some Moody Blues records. Their greatest hits album was one of the features of my childhood and my parents would always have it on, so I know the ins and outs of every track there. I've never actually listened to a full album of theirs though.

They're one of my favourite bands, along with Love. I'd recomend the above mentioned album, days of future passed. A true masterpiece, in my opinion. Your parents have a good taste for music.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pretty much the whole Dark Side of the Moon album flows well. Half the time I don't even realise the song has changed.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Donks, how've you been? Just taking it easy and living the good life here.

I've always been a BOC fan. Everyone knows them from Don't Fear the Reaper, which was when they sold out for radio play. The early stuff is great. Also check out the Tyranny and Mutation album.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
They're one of my favourite bands, along with Love. I'd recomend the above mentioned album, days of future passed. A true masterpiece, in my opinion. Your parents have a good taste for music.
Not really. My mom's borderline obsessed with Tony Bennett and my dad (along with his girlfriend) just went on a complete Madonna crazy, buying every one of her albums. lol

I'm definitely going to check it out though. I do see it has Nights of White Satin on it, which can only be a plus.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As far as concept albums go, it is tough to top 'Blood on the Tracks' by Bob Dylan.

From the opener, Tangled Up in Blue to the finale, Buckets of Rain, this is the ultimate break-up album. This should be required listening for anyone that has ever had relationship problems.

Radiohead certainly has put out some great concept albums, too. 'Kid A' is the pinnacle of Radiohead's conceptual success, imo.

As far as Pink Floyd goes, people will immediately point to 'The Wall' and 'Dark Side of the Moon,' as those were great concept albums, but the best, imo, is 'Animals.'

Dogs Part 1
Dogs Part 2
Pigs
Sheep

...just a masterpiece. Floyd's best album, imho (and that is saying a lot, being that I am a huge fan).
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Not really. My mom's borderline obsessed with Tony Bennett and my dad (along with his girlfriend) just went on a complete Madonna crazy, buying every one of her albums. lol

I'm definitely going to check it out though. I do see it has Nights of White Satin on it, which can only be a plus.

And "tuesday afternoon", which is just as good as nights in white satin.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #12
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Donks, how've you been?
Not bad atall, although I still spend too much time here. Glad things are well. :)

I actually like Wish You Were Here more than Animals RBA, and possibly even more than Dark Side. The music aspect anyways, I will say that Animals is probably the most unique concept of any of them lyrics wise. Probably because of the sheer amount of substance underneath the surface of the lyrics.

I actually caught a Floyd cover band a few weeks ago, and the set they played consisted of the entire Animals album, which was pretty incredible. It wasn't a really fancy show, certainly no Australian Pink Floyd, but still really really well done. The show was in a pretty small bar too, so I was only a few feet from the stage. Fantastic experience.

Quote:
And "tuesday afternoon", which is just as good as nights in white satin.
Ha, didn't even see that on the track listing. I actually like it more than White Satin.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #13
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Moody Blues while putting out a great album was terrible in concert. Went to see them many years ago at LSU. Friday night, classes were over, we were ready to party. Got our buzz on and went to the concert. Before it even started, the announcer comes out and says " The Moody Blues are serious artists. If you applaude before the concert is over they will walk off the stage. Please hold your applause till the end." Needless to say, it was a buzz kill and everyone sat there pissed and just walked out after the show without applauding.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #14
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Nice call on Animals. Always a forgotten and underrated album. Wore that 8 track out.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #15
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Moody Blues while putting out a great album was terrible in concert. Went to see them many years ago at LSU. Friday night, classes were over, we were ready to party. Got our buzz on and went to the concert. Before it even started, the announcer comes out and says " The Moody Blues are serious artists. If you applaude before the concert is over they will walk off the stage. Please hold your applause till the end." Needless to say, it was a buzz kill and everyone sat there pissed and just walked out after the show without applauding.

You're lucky, I wish I had seen them live. It sucks the show didn't turn out to be good.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: