Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 10-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Muss // Artest // Bibby

I read something recently that said that it was Muss's intention to run the offense through Artest. If this is true, will Bibby want to leave the Kings?

Has his time come and gone? Is it time to retool at the 1 as well?

Next season is an option year in his contract. What will he do?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:50 PM   #2
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

in the sacbee he said he wants to stay IF they want him, how can any kings fan not want him here? he is a top 10 pg in the league for sure, and he has come through for us time and time again.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
in the sacbee he said he wants to stay IF they want him, how can any kings fan not want him here? he is a top 10 pg in the league for sure, and he has come through for us time and time again.

Can he co-exist with Artest and fit into Muss's system?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:40 AM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I think so. Mike plays more like a SG sometimes. He's great moving without the ball and hitting open jump shots.

Ron loves bringing the ball up, atleast that's what he said. He plays kind of a Pippen role I guess, he's a pretty good passer for a SF. Also he's pretty hard for SFs to stop in the post so if he plays there enough like he should than teams will have to double team and Bibby/Martin/Miller should knock down the open 3.

Then again there are some teams with cap space who could use Mike a lot IMO, like the Grizzlies. Bibby would fit next to Gasol pretty well(he was great when playing with a good big man, I mean I realize Pau is no Webber but he's still pretty good). Like you said Mike will be a free agent. Maybe it would be the best for the Kings to trade him, I'm not sure if he and Musselman will work out anyway but more because Musselman wants everyone to play good defense. I mean actually Mike was a decent defender when he was skinnier in like 02 and 03 but he has gotten really bad at it as he's put on weight. He went on a strict diet and lost 18 pounds so I'm hopefuly he can play good D.

Your question is a good one that Petrie and Musselman will have to think about, especially if things don't go too well between Mike and Muss or Mike is going to ask for too much money. As a fan I guess all I can do is sit and wait which kind of sucks.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #5
cyclone_nicky
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cyclone_nicky has an OK reputation so far

i think the kings would be making a big mistake if they let bibby go. the guy is a great outside shooter, one of the league leaders in assists, and he is clutch. us laker fans would know because he always kills us even back in the snaq and kobe era. i dont know why muss would want to run the offence around artest when u have a great pg in bibby.
cyclone_nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #6
fan_since_85
Kids at the park dunk on me

fan_since_85 has an OK reputation so far

I hope Bibby stays a King for life. He's such a great shooter I think running the offense through Ron is a good idea. He'll get a lot of open looks from double teams in the post.
fan_since_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:08 AM   #7
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I read something recently that said that it was Muss's intention to run the offense through Artest. If this is true, will Bibby want to leave the Kings?

Has his time come and gone? Is it time to retool at the 1 as well?

Next season is an option year in his contract. What will he do?

What do you think the Kings have been doing from the time Bibby got here? Adleman ran the offense from the high post through his big men, Vlade, Webber, and Miller. Just last season they still used Artest, and Bibby has always been like a roaming point/shooting guard.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: